Competitions It's on guys, The Collingwood Board's Phantom Draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

He'll probably pick up Mcgrath

Pick 51: Jack Cripps

There are other speedy outside mid prospects available at this pick, but this guy is easily as good as any of them though with one sizeable question mark over his height. Collingwood would not dare add him to our midget midfield, but I'll happily add him to Richmond's. If he was 20cm taller he would be a top 10 pick, but he's not so he won't be.

Pick 52 Richmond - Caleb Daniel

Height: 166 cm, Weight: 68 kg, DOB: 7/7/1996
Club: South Adelaide
Plays like a slightly slower Brent Harvey

Daniel is highly skilled, and excels in every area of the game except height. He's a prolific accumulator, tackler and goal kicker who distributes the ball with pinpoint accuracy, even under pressure. Through his three games during the U18 championships, he averaged 20 disposal and 2 goals, and had a disposal efficiency of above 90% winning All Australian honours.

He’s got courage, competitiveness, consistently applies defensive pressure acts and he is a contested ball-winner, though will be very much an outside player given his minuscule size. He is super fast and always moving. He’s been playing senior football with South Adelaide, but in the AFL he will play against bigger and better men. He would be the smallest player in the AFL.

If you haven't seen him he is worth a look.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am going to go out on a whim a say the Caleb Daniel will go a lot higher in the real draft. I reckon 20-30, yes, he's small, tiny even, but the kid has loads of talent and could be the next Brent Harvey. I also liked the looks of Vic Country small forward Ryan Lonie but I think Caleb Daniel is the better of the two.

I like the Caleb Daniel pick.

I don't see Caleb Daniel going any higher than he went here, but in saying that he was my next pick if available. Really like the lad. You don't play 3 games and have a 20 disposal average and have a 90+% disposal efficiency.

The guy short as he is can play. Just clubs will say too short, and probably not quite enough.

After watching Daniel, I decided that I'd not be too unhappy to take a punt on him as a 3rd round pick. He is better than Blair and even Kennedy who are both only slightly taller than him. His skills by foot an hand are sublime.

After watching Daniel, I decided that I'd not be too unhappy to take a punt on him as a 3rd round pick. He is better than Blair and even Kennedy who are both only slightly taller than him. His skills by foot an hand are sublime.

I reckon we should bring him in, get his wrists X-rayed and if if his growth plates are open, rookie him and give him a year off in china for "personal reasons" where we can stuff him full of growth hormone. Fast forward 12 months and he'll come back close to 180, (hopefully) and unleash the beast on the competition.

*please note: today's my day off and I'm about 4 brews into a relaxing day in the sunshine of Warrnambool. All references to illegal activities are due to a disinhibited state. Any attempts to use these statements against me are null and void.

Scodog10 your pick mate.

Cheers mate it wasn't even on my radar with taking every poster on in the Eade thread haha.

Pick 54: Jordan Castagna. He won't go this early, but he's the outsider Geelong need. I'll put something proper on him together later, but this guy is a quicker version of Marley Williams. Unfortunately they share the same skills.

# 57 Port Adelaide - Jaden McGrath
Club: Bendigo Pioneers
Height: 179cm
Weight: 73kg
Position: Midfielder
Bio: Didn’t play a whole lot this year with injury but was part of the AIS squad and was very impressive in the game vs the Pies they had earlier in the year. Seen this vision of that game and he was electric. He has genuine speed and has tested very well for 3km time trial so has endurance as well. Is only light and probably would like him a few cm taller but he gets in and has a real crack at it. Ball use is good and would think he will get called earlier than people think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back