Competitions It's on guys, The Collingwood Board's Phantom Draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

For that matter McCartin too no way he slips outside 5.

lol my guys have heeney moore and mccartin and a couple more tricks up our sleeve.

with witts and grundy de eloping its no surprise wright slid on a Collingwood phantom ddrat forum...

GWS are killing this phantom draft with all the picks we have... :)

Last edited:

Let's keep the momentum going and stop bitching about it being a clean draft. It provides a good insight on who we rate as opposed to having 12 per-selected players...
This PD is what it is, and it's mainly about getting to know names and talents of guys in the draft. I'll be looking for inside mids then outside players with speed for the tigers, but it's hard to resist a player like Wright at pick 12. By including F/S selections in the draft the task of picking players is less predictable for Swans and Pies pickers. If we want to see the 'real' selections there are no end of phantom drafts elsewhere on BF.

The number one selection for the tigers at pick 12 according to a poll on the tigers board is Cockatoo, a bit of a stretch so early in the draft, but xfactor and the name's genitalia reference appeal probably influenced their supporters. A common theme was also to take best available in the first round irrespective of position.

Last edited:
This PD is what it is, and it's mainly about getting to know names and talents of guys in the draft. I'll be looking for inside mids then outside players with speed for the tigers, but it's hard to resist a player like Wright at pick 12. By including F/S selections in the draft the task of picking players is less predictable for Swans and Pies pickers. If we want to see the 'real' selections there are no end of phantom drafts elsewhere on BF.

The number one selection for the tigers at pick 12 according to a poll on the tigers board is Cockatoo, a bit of a stretch so early in the draft, but xfactor and the name's genitalia reference appeal probably influenced their supporters. A common theme was also to take best available in the first round irrespective of position.

Getting Cockatoo outside the top 10 would be a steal. Have a good look at his packages, he's elite. Could be a Goodes type onballer. I'd be happy for us to take him at pick 5. He would be straight in to our best 22. Only problem is he had a foot injury this year that has dropped his value, which in our case might not be the best omen. Injury free he would be right up there in the top5 easy.

Getting Cockatoo outside the top 10 would be a steal. Have a good look at his packages, he's elite. Could be a Goodes type onballer. I'd be happy for us to take him at pick 5. He would be straight in to our best 22. Only problem is he had a foot injury this year that has dropped his value, which in our case might not be the best omen. Injury free he would be right up there in the top5 easy.
Some tiger's supporters were questioning his disposal, saying that he often missed targets. Others said they didn't want another Richard Tambling who got knocked off the ball too easily, but a look at his highlights package actually showed how solid he actually is. Does look an exciting player. We don't seem to have much luck with injuries so we mightn't want to take the risk with him. He seems expected to go in the 20's.

No, he wouldn't be top 5. Only one div 2 player has been selected in the top over the past 5 drafts and while Cockatoo is a talented kid he isn't that caliber.

FWIW as the draft draws nearer Richmond's selection will become more and more accurate, IMO.

The word is he has played very little football the past 2 years outside of NT (where the competition is weak)

Far too risky to spend pick 5 on IMO

Just got that you might have assumed I meant Heeney. I didn't include him because I was going off past drafts.

Going back over it the last div 2 player selected in the top 5 pre KK was Tambling. Clubs are scared of kids from the second tier states early draft unless they've got clear AFL traits and are high production (rightfully so IMO).

Cockatoo has something about him, but even if fit he's nowhere near dominant enough to be looked upon as a top 5 selection.

Let's keep the momentum going and stop bitching about it being a clean draft. It provides a good insight on who we rate as opposed to having 12 per-selected players...

The haters can do another draft in a couple of weeks and run it the way they want, just allocate different teams to different posters.. its really not that hard and it did not take me very long to think of it really. We can marry them up against each other at the end of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder who'll get picked next.

Sorry guys,

Pick 21: Jarrod Garlett
Sort of a best available mixed with a need. I feel the Saints don't have much quality in the way of outside run rather they have inside contested ball winners (e.g. Armitage) and blokes who win the hard ball and burst from packs (e.g Steven).

Pick 22: Reece McKenzie
Bit of a reach but certainly a must get with the key fwd talent at the saints only reducing with the loss of Stanley

Pick 23.

Jack 'Lexington' Steele.

GWS were salivating at this guy being available. Big, and strong, holds up in tackles, and most importantly for a forward, kicks goals. I have him much higher, and he won't disappoint. Will be a unique player and a different player but possesses Steve Johnson attributes with a more likeable personality.

Pick 24.

Connor Blakely

Wow, that wraps up an amazing participation by GWS in this phantom draft. They just got one of the best midfielders in the game with smart, clean disposal, the most complete midfielder coming out of WA.

GWS got the best midfielder they rated in the draft, then got two of the best three tall players, then got another two guys ranked well inside their top twenty, it's great that they just so happened to be able to recruit two NSW boys, all the while going for the 'best available'.

Special mention to Jack 'don't be fooled by my name' Lonie. Lonie is a very good small forward and it was almost hoped that Connor Blakely wasn't available so I could pull a bit of a roughie and really look like I am above all these other phantom drafts, you know like, I know better then the rest. But my point is that he was very close, and I was actually disappointed Connor Blakely was still available forcing me to choose him, phantom drafts being 'serious' occasions meant that I couldn't pass Blakely up even though I would have loved to have gone one from left field and chosen Lonie. Oh yeah and his nickname 'don't be fooled by my name', is because Jack is actually quite a tough little cookie amongst other things, and if anyone can remember his name sake Ryan Lonie, he lacked a bit of toughness.

Good luck to all other participants for the rest of the phantom draft so far it's been a lot of fun. :thumbsu:

Last edited:
Pick 25 - North Melbourne: Tyler Keitel (East Perth)

Haven't seen much of Keitel but he is a mobile an athletic Key forward who can also play in defence.

Why? - With Waite and Petrie in their 30's North would like another young key forward.

Next: campbell023

Pick 25 - North Melbourne: Tyler Keitel (East Perth)

Haven't seen much of Keitel but he is a mobile an athletic Key forward who can also play in defence.

Why? - With Waite and Petrie in their 30's North would like another young key forward.
Thanks for getting back so quickly Baird. Well done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back