Prediction It's the Final(s) Countdown! (A realistic approach)

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd take GWS at Etihad.

Unfortunately I don't think we can get to 5th with the run home that North and Richmond have.

Sydney are the really interesting one. 3 genuinely 50/50 games...and the Crows definitely aren't [near] 3.00 shots this weekend.

Most likely options are playing Richmond or North...with a small but realish chance of playing @ Sydney.

We've beaten the 2 we've played so far. (Just sayin'... :p )

Unfortunately I don't think we can get to 5th with the run home that North and Richmond have.

Sydney are the really interesting one. 3 genuinely 50/50 games...and the Crows definitely aren't [near] 3.00 shots this weekend.

Most likely options are playing Richmond or North...with a small but realish chance of playing @ Sydney.

We've beaten the 2 we've played so far. (Just sayin'... :p )
I have us finishing 6th & playing Adelaide.
I would be pretty happy with that.

Ok whilst on the theme off the universe (see Norm de Guerre photo), like all things in the universe things need to balance. Let me give it a try......

We wont make finals if we lose this week.

pudding-basin-lid-off.jpg

I'll feel much better if we beat essendon
I don't care if we're first or last - I always feel better when we beat Essendon.
Cheating outer-suburban minnows. Kicked out be a bowls club.
We took on the whole freaking system in 89.... and won.

Yeah, perfect, we get a home final and with some luck it could be at Docklands. I don't think top 4 is likely, we'll lose some games ahead and anyway even if we did we'd end up playing Freo in Perth and that can't be good.
Unless we won

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beyond the Kuiper Belt my glass is more than half full, due to gravity, so this week we sneak into the four.
This is realistic, given the current form of us, Hawthorn, Adelaide and Sydney.
From then on we have one difficult game, against West Coast, but the rest are winnable while the other contenders for fourth, Richmond and Sydney, seem to have a couple of tough games.
We hang on to fourth and play Fremantle in Perth in the first week. This is more winnable than against West Coast or Hawthorn.
My head is now spinning, so I'd better stop.

Keeping out of this one, every time I predict something my sons say "you've just put the mockers on, you should never assume anything" and of course i'm always left with egg splattered all over the mush lol

I don't really understand what happened here. This thread was meant to be a realistic approach to assessing our chances of playing a final.

That's certainly not a done a deal yet. Lose this weekend and those odds plummet.

Keep the lid on fellas.

EDB5K2x.png

Sorry!

Also why do we assume the final will be at Etihad? It'll be at MCG for sure. I can only remember one final being at Etihad in the past 5yrs or so, and that was due to scheduling. With 1, possibly 2 PF in Perth, any Melbourne finals will be played at MCG, you can bank on that.

Also why do we assume the final will be at Etihad? It'll be at MCG for sure. I can only remember one final being at Etihad in the past 5yrs or so, and that was due to scheduling. With 1, possibly 2 PF in Perth, any Melbourne finals will be played at MCG, you can bank on that.

Somebody on here said there needs to be at least 3 games at the G to get 1 at Etihad and that's impossible while 3 interstate teams are in the top 4.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back