News It's the Suggestions Board...

Status
Not open for further replies.
... and unless you are sincerely trying to help a person out or discuss a suggestion, don't post. We don't need a dozen valueless responses to every question or suggestion.

Every now and again I will hand out infractions to people who post responses that are off-topic or of no value.

And don't post suggestions and requests in this thread. Red Card if you do.

Chief

Would you not be better to just delete the non-contributing posts and then move to bans if posters persist?

To suspend blokes who both could feel reasonably hard done by...perhaps adds animosity.

I understand what you are saying just dont want to lose good posters over smallish things.

• Admin
The problem is when everybody starts posting any old rubbish thinking "Oh well a mod will just move it".

The mods are not going to spend their time running around cleaning up after people. Who has the time for that? You?

So while I will lift the bans on Ljp and Quinzate1, if you don't want animosity don't act in a stupid manner. Small things add up to a massive problem when you have 1,000 people all deciding they just want to add one "funny" post.

Sep 29, 2003
far queue
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
NSW Blues
Chief said:
The problem is when everybody starts posting any old rubbish thinking "Oh well a mod will just move it".

The mods are not going to spend their time running around cleaning up after people. Who has the time for that? You?

So while I will lift the bans on Ljp and Quinzate1, if you don't want animosity don't act in a stupid manner. Small things add up to a massive problem when you have 1,000 people all deciding they just want to add one "funny" post.

Mine was funny dont you think?

Chief said:

No Chief - I don't have the time nor the inclination. As I said I hear your POV and am generally accepting and thankful of the work done by the mods.

I think lifting the bans is wise, and hopefully the message has been received. Anyone you cop from now on - fair game IMHO.

Chief said:
Let's oplay a game called Chiefy makes an example of the first unwitting person to happen along and break the rules trying to be "funny".

Ljp you're IT...

*Tag*, "you're it"! ;)

Chief said:

Quinzate got done too? For the "eek" smilie?

Ahh, so that's why I'm back early. I wondered why I was able to log in today. 3 days was a bit harsh, I thought you'd just delete the post and give a warning first.

Vandal said:
Going to ban everyone else who posts 'rubbish' or is it a different rule for some people? nazi mod.

Vandal discovers first hand...

Teh_Nub

All Australian
Jun 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
How about an IRC server? You got enough people on the forums that ur own server would be great. Can get quick responses and stuff without having to make a new topic.

zolloz

Senior List
Feb 22, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Swan Districts
Would be nice for the moderators, admin. to inform the member of the reason for the removal of a post.
Yes, I have read the forum rules and they have the right to bla, bla, bla, but surely they shoudn't do it just for personal reasons.
If the member was informed of the reason for their post removal from a thread then they would in effect learn from their mistake so to speak.

Is there a complaint thread for moderators who abuse their privilege?

Fred

Premium Platinum
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Hall of Fame The Fred Medal RIP
Nov 17, 2000
Echuca
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
The Roys FFC
Would be nice for the moderators, admin. to inform the member of the reason for the removal of a post.
Yes, I have read the forum rules and they have the right to bla, bla, bla, but surely they shoudn't do it just for personal reasons.
If the member was informed of the reason for their post removal from a thread then they would in effect learn from their mistake so to speak.

Is there a complaint thread for moderators who abuse their privilege?

You seriously expect us to notify posters when a volatile thread could have over 200 posts removed, as in the Lawrence, Voss etc punch-up thread?

I don't think so.

If you have a complaint about a mod then contact an admin.

zolloz

Senior List
Feb 22, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Swan Districts
You seriously expect us to notify posters when a volatile thread could have over 200 posts removed, as in the Lawrence, Voss etc punch-up thread?

I don't think so.

If you have a complaint about a mod then contact an admin.

{Poor retort - try again}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back