List Mgmt. It's time for a rebuild

Remove this Banner Ad

This weeks round of footy has shown that the competition is getting more even, and like Dimma has said a few times, if you are off your game by 10% you will have your pants pulled down.

Full of enthusiasm early in the season under a new coach. Wouldn't be surprised if they fell in a heap going into the last half of the season. They are on the improve though. They've done the right thing in putting money into their 2's which won the premiership last year and it is just starting to show in their ones.

Easten Wood looks alright to in the back line.

Can't believe they are belting the Crows!

Its a lot more about energy, rotations and endurance now I agree which is a little boring tbh
Yeah...I want the game to get back to 1 on 1 contests as well. Once they drop the rotations we'll see footy get back to what it was for 100+ years. I'm all for it.

Yeah...I want the game to get back to 1 on 1 contests as well. Once they drop the rotations we'll see footy get back to what it was for 100+ years. I'm all for it.

You watch a game now and you do not know what is going on because you do not know how each player is going endurance wise, whether they are blowing or not, if their is a comeback or not, whether they are up or down on rotations etc... it hard for me to watch as a spectator because the fun in reading the game is going for me!

It's a interesting season MM. You don't have to be off your game by much at all now to go down.

Yeah, but not even a fight back at any period by the crows.

Its hard to watch footy if you do not know if a team is going to turn up or not!

Still think Bulldogs must be going better than a lot including me thought!

Yeah, but not even a fight back at any period by the crows.

Its hard to watch footy if you do not know if a team is going to turn up or not!

Still think Bulldogs must be going better than a lot including me thought!
They are right now but 18 games to go, for everyone.
Every year the competition gets more even and closer to the AFL's goal of every side finishing 11-11!

They are right now but 18 games to go, for everyone.
Every year the competition gets more even and closer to the AFL's goal of every side finishing 11-11!

fight backs in junk time don't count though.

Draft has helped the Bulldogs though clearly.

My oh my, how good of a side are they without Cooney, and Griffen!!!:cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So far this season Melbourne, Bulldogs and GWS have overtaken us. The only three teams we are comfortably ahead of are St Kilda, Carlton and Brisbane and I wouldn't be confident facing them any week.

I'm hoping we finish bottom four because that's what it will take for significant changes to be made to this football club.

So far this season Melbourne, Bulldogs and GWS have overtaken us. The only three teams we are comfortably ahead of are St Kilda, Carlton and Brisbane and I wouldn't be confident facing them any week.

I'm hoping we finish bottom four because that's what it will take for significant changes to be made to this football club.
And we may get awesome kids :D

So we are really on beating the Bulldogs because they will go to s**t?:oops:

With your on their side its a worry!:(
Their gameplan is catching teams out at the moment, but it isn't sustainable. Their hype train will derail about mid season.
We're playing well below our best atm and we've been thoroughly out-coached on gameday but there's time to pull ourselves out of the mire.
I think it's much too early to make calls about where a team sits developmentally after round 4.

The ceo's job is to get the finances in a place that's allows the club to sustain success by way of affording enough money into areas like the football department .it isn't to run the football department .
We have been down the path of buying big name players and trying to win flags in hope it will increase our finances and it has proven that it doesn't work .

The CEOs job is to run a successful club. That requires balancing the needs of finances AND the need to ensure football success. Its both. The football department reports to him an he is responsible for its outputs.

Their gameplan is catching teams out at the moment, but it isn't sustainable. Their hype train will derail about mid season.
We're playing well below our best atm and we've been thoroughly out-coached on gameday but there's time to pull ourselves out of the mire.
I think it's much too early to make calls about where a team sits developmentally after round 4.

True but we all expected the Dogs to struggle this year after changing coach and turning over star players.

The CEOs job is to run a successful club. That requires balancing the needs of finances AND the need to ensure football success. Its both. The football department reports to him an he is responsible for its outputs.
Correct and maybe he has put a greater emphasis on ensuring financial requirements of the football department is sustainable . I would rather a sustainable 5-7th place club rather than having a once off shot at winning a flag and then losing the club . He identified there was a need to replace Cameron and did , give richardson a chance . His biggest test to date was re signing our best players which he has done with success . Think it is ead who has suggested, often on here , we would have to go back to go forward , which I agree with, consider that this might be what is taking place at the moment .

Correct and maybe he has put a greater emphasis on ensuring financial requirements of the football department is sustainable . I would rather a sustainable 5-7th place club rather than having a once off shot at winning a flag and then losing the club . He identified there was a need to replace Cameron and did , give richardson a chance . His biggest test to date was re signing our best players which he has done with success . Think it is ead who has suggested, often on here , we would have to go back to go forward , which I agree with, consider that this might be what is taking place at the moment .

I do not want a 5-7th place club and how do we lose the club btw?

Bulldogs doesn't seem to have lost with Griffen and Cooney leaving by the looks of things!

Fair enough prioritising the financial requirements but IMO he has taken the eye off the ball with the footy department.

1) Richardon is a hack who got this and his last job because of his dad. Old Xaverian boys network
2) Dont agree with re-signing best players as his biggest challenge. Conca? Biggest challenge was getting good assistant coaches and I think we've failed in that area vis a vis other clubs
3) We have made exactly the same recruiting mistakes of trying to recycle hacks from other clubs as we did under the Frawley era
4) And What the hell is Amanda Green responsible for? Window dressing?

Yes and then he will make a recommendation to the board regarding whether the FD is performing under the current regime and decide if he stay or goes. The CEO doesn't go done with that ship. He would go IF the admin of the club is not performing, as determined by the board. By all measures the CEO is doing a great job.

Fair enough prioritising the financial requirements but IMO he has taken the eye off the ball with the footy department.

1) Richardon is a hack who got this and his last job because of his dad. Old Xaverian boys network
2) Dont agree with re-signing best players as his biggest challenge. Conca? Biggest challenge was getting good assistant coaches and I think we've failed in that area vis a vis other clubs
3) We have made exactly the same recruiting mistakes of trying to recycle hacks from other clubs as we did under the Frawley era
4) And What the hell is Amanda Green responsible for? Window dressing?

Who is Amanda Green?

ha ha, found her on the web , I will be good;)

Who knows, she might be good and VIP at what she does:cool:

Yes and then he will make a recommendation to the board regarding whether the FD is performing under the current regime and decide if he stay or goes. The CEO doesn't go done with that ship. He would go IF the admin of the club is not performing, as determined by the board. By all measures the CEO is doing a great job.

Can the CEO be doing a good job if the footy department is doing a bad job? Surely that is a contradiciton..

The ceo's job is to get the finances in a place that's allows the club to sustain success by way of affording enough money into areas like the football department .it isn't to run the football department .
We have been down the path of buying big name players and trying to win flags in hope it will increase our finances and it has proven that it doesn't work .
This is rubbish
Our last big name player was Nathan Brown which only failed bc of a serious injury
Chaplin knights and Hampson were finished or not part of their previous clubs plan
The rfc under Blair took the cheap option again
This FD has brought in nothing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back