Its time to go Trigg!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 17, 2009
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I dont know how many of these sponsors would have had dealings with Rendell. A hell of a lot would have with Trigg tho..How would you feel if Toyota decided to pull the plug if Trigg is sacked?
Wow we are going to bow down to a $10 K sponsor now so we can pay fine that Trigg and co inflicted on us by cheating the system , the club and supporters or do you like being lied to .
So we can sack anybody that has nothing to do with sponsors for any little reason but those that do are bullet proof . Come on give us a break.
Toyota has been with us since day 1 and nothing to do with Trigg but maybe they might be tempted to dump us to not be tied up with the shame the club is incurring currently .
Get real guys so you are going to stop supporting Crows if Sando gets sacked end of year.
Of course not as crazy as it would be to sack him.

Slippery Pete

Samcro24 alias account
Jul 19, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yup, I 'm supportive of waiting and seeing the outcome of the Commission's investigation before calling for Triggs head...but that murder of crows design...seriously...:confused:

Do you think that losing our first two draft picks in this year's draft is no big deal?

Let me just remind you that has already happened. We've already pleaded guilty. Those draft picks aren't Boomerang Brand..... You don't get those back. The club knows it is in the s**t. Apparently some posters don't.....

Do you think that losing our first two draft picks in this year's draft is no big deal?

Let me just remind you that has already happened. We've already pleaded guilty. Those draft picks aren't Boomerang Brand..... You don't get those back. The club knows it is in the s**t. Apparently some posters don't.....
+ lose our highest paid player for nothing (even though we could have traded him last year, when Rendel was over-ruled)
+ forced to de-list Joyce, through no fault of his own
This is the minimum penalty - which is certainly not a small stuff up
+ likely to get further penalties.

If no one is made accountable, will make us look like we accept our management breaking AFL rules, covering it up for as long as possible & not a big deal that it will disadvantage our club going forward as we lose good talent to the opposition clubs.

AFC1990

Debutant
Nov 27, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Arsenal FC, Glenelg
Accountability is fine, but appropriate action can only be taken when all the facts are laid bare. Too many are guessing, or jumping at shadows. I will never stop supporting the AFC, but what form that support takes may well be impacted by the findings of the AFL's "court", and in the way some of our most respected administrators are treated. Certainly some of the attacks on here are ignorant, and personal.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Accountability is fine, but appropriate action can only be taken when all the facts are laid bare. Too many are guessing, or jumping at shadows. I will never stop supporting the AFC, but what form that support takes may well be impacted by the findings of the AFL's "court", and in the way some of our most respected administrators are treated. Certainly some of the attacks on here are ignorant, and personal.
Of course there not !!!!!

The views are based, not on personal opinions of Trigg/Harper ect ......they're based on us admitting our guilt and suffering loss of at least 2 first round draft picks and a third round pick ALREADY .......and more to come

People keep saying wait for outcome before deciding .....well the outcome has already been delivered by our own admission

Don't understand peoples rebuttle of the obvious ??

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
+ lose our highest paid player for nothing (even though we could have traded him last year, when Rendel was over-ruled)
+ forced to de-list Joyce, through no fault of his own
This is the minimum penalty - which is certainly not a small stuff up
+ likely to get further penalties.

If no one is made accountable, will make us look like we accept our management breaking AFL rules, covering it up for as long as possible & not a big deal that it will disadvantage our club going forward as we lose good talent to the opposition clubs.
Kane don't think it will affect player movement UNLESS we are bashed with further draft picks and then "a couple may jump ship" .....but i highly doubt it

But what you're saying is spot on .....someone has to be accountable !

Harper, as much as i have a malaise with him ........should not be made a scapegoat
Trigg, as much as i admire him .....as the CEO, he is ultimately responsible
UNLESS'
He was given directions from either the board OR the board member responsible for the footy dept (Smart?)

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
I have been an AFC member since inception, and a club sponsor for the past 8 years.
From a sponsor perspective, S Trigg has provided outstanding service, leadership and direction. His integrity, work ethic and devotion to this club has never been questioned, which makes this current scenario (as portrayed in the media to date) harder to fathom. This is an opinion gleaned from repeated, close interactions with the club over an extended period, and I, for one, will find it difficult to continue our working association with the club if S Trigg loses his role. Most especially if it is an AFL dictate.
It is nauseating to read some of the ill informed rubbish on this topic, the naivety and lack of understanding of even the basics, such as that of the role of a CEO (as opposed to a Chairman or President) is at times painful. Can we at least wait until the facts, not innuendo and rumour, have been laid bare before passing judgement? I know I don't have to read the tripe, but often you get some good stories here.
Some of you guys would make great firemen, but you could never prevent a single bushfire starting.

I'm honestly a bit disturbed by this.

You seem to favour the individual over the club itself?

Maybe we are all as confused by the role of a chairman and CEO as you are by the role of a sponsor?

I'm honestly a bit disturbed by this.

You seem to favour the individual over the club itself?

Maybe we are all as confused by the role of a chairman and CEO as you are by the role of a sponsor?

Are you sponsoring the club? :rolleyes: No, didn't think so. Reckon you need to respect those that do AND their opinions.

n4sir

Team Captain
Feb 23, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Miami Dolphins
Kane don't think it will affect player movement UNLESS we are bashed with further draft picks and then "a couple may jump ship" .....but i highly doubt it

I think he was referring to the loss of accessing talent from the draft due to the loss of early picks. If it goes on for more than a couple of years it could really come back to bite us in the not so distant future (despite the apparent strength in our list at present), and then take some time to recover. It's a worst case scenario, but it's also my one greatest fear to come out of this epic disaster.

Aug 17, 2009
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Are you sponsoring the club? :rolleyes: No, didn't think so. Reckon you need to respect those that do AND their opinions.
Yes we need to respect all sponsors supporters and their opinions but no club or individual has to bow down to threats . Even veiled threats those from respected sponsors.
Anyway simple fact is that Trigg will resign once this is tidied up as has no option but to do so and Rob C will praise him for doing so for sake of club .

Yes we need to respect all sponsors supporters and their opinions but no club or individual has to bow down to threats . Even veiled threats those from respected sponsors.
Anyway simple fact is that Trigg will resign once this is tidied up as has no option but to do so and Rob C will praise him for doing so for sake of club .

Fact? Geez people bandy that word around like they actually know something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Of course there not !!!!!

The views are based, not on personal opinions of Trigg/Harper ect ......they're based on us admitting our guilt and suffering loss of at least 2 first round draft picks and a third round pick ALREADY .......and more to come

People keep saying wait for outcome before deciding .....well the outcome has already been delivered by our own admission

Don't understand peoples rebuttle of the obvious ??

The league's investigation has considered all the facts and given a preliminary guilty verdict - this is a fact of process

We now get to argue and appeal, to put our case forward. We have spoken of wanting to put forward our side of events. But in truth, we have plead guilty, handed back picks, and are now arguing for clemency in sentencing.

There aren't many facts left, other than final weight of punishment to be discovered.

If anyone wants to know guilty of what check the charge sheet, unless we are successful in overturning those charges that's what we are guilty of

brent-83

Club Legend
Mar 29, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Lakers, Crows, Barca
Won't go. I figure the board knew about Tippett long ago and Trigg is taking the fall for them in return for securing his job after this fiasco blows over. Will lose our 1st and 2nd rounder next year.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Fair point about the conference, but the best thing Triggy can do for the club right now is to fight the charges with 100% of his effort. The more Trigg can exonerate himself the more the club is exonerated. This is far more important than a routine CEO meeting (at which we were represented by somebody else who could

Ha ha.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
I dont know how many of these sponsors would have had dealings with Rendell. A hell of a lot would have with Trigg tho..How would you feel if Toyota decided to pull the plug if Trigg is sacked?

So are toyota sponsoring trigg, or the Adelaide footy club? That would a question that I would ask. Align yourself to tre footy club or the CEO? Your choice. I'm quite certain that 30,000 odd people turn up to support the CEO. Ha ha.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Are you Mr Jenny?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back