Player Watch #47: Ivan Soldo

Remove this Banner Ad

i think big Ivan has said that Soldo does have just as much, if not more mongrel than he does which can only be a good thing.

it will be very interesting to see how they approach his training with the skill break downs.

i think the mere face he is a competitive beast gives me a lot of hope that no matter what he will give it 100%.

I'd just add to your comment that also Big Ivvy has thrown his support behind him & I wouldn't think he'd want to let his cousin down either...

Gee you have to be impressed with his build at such a raw age. He'll be a beast when he's older.
Im no longer impressed with builds of AFL players, Hampson would be the best player in the AFL if that were the case, I would much rather he becomes a mongrel and has the fight of IVAN

Im no longer impressed with builds of AFL players, Hampson would be the best player in the AFL if that were the case, I would much rather he becomes a mongrel and has the fight of IVAN
True, but that said, there is no way that Hampson looked like Soldo does at 19. Also, I wouldn't write Hampson off too easily, he's only had one season with us and is still finding his feet.

True, but that said, there is no way that Hampson looked like Soldo does at 19. Also, I wouldn't write Hampson off too easily, he's only had one season with us and is still finding his feet.

Hampson has had 8 years at the highest level & Hasnt improved 1 bit to be honest never will become anymore than what he was at carlton - Dont think he has the hunger or talent (as a footballer) to become a good afl player

You will find that Hampson even at 20 was a good specimen

Hampson has had 8 years at the highest level & Hasnt improved 1 bit to be honest never will become anymore than what he was at carlton - Dont think he has the hunger or talent (as a footballer) to become a good afl player

You will find that Hampson even at 20 was a good specimen

Megan Gale thought so.

Thanks for the reminder MR . I must confess it's very easy to forget he's only 19. I see him and I just think he's older...

just saw the video... boy he didn't move like 203cm guy or whatever he is.

RFC_Official would be pretty happy if you guys did an interview and some extra footage of him over summer. Probably not this week because of the draft but it would be much appreciated.

That being said might try and get down to punt road and watch the boys train at some point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's a long way off, going by the one game i watched him play for the Knights. Did a couple nice things though

Im no longer impressed with builds of AFL players, Hampson would be the best player in the AFL ibeen at were the case, I would much rather he becomes a mongrel and has the fight of IVAN

Not so sure about that. He runs in straight lines doesn't he so lacks a bit of lateral movement and agility I think. A few of our players have been questionable in the agility area haven't they?

Apart from that his hands are questionable, soft hands for marking and or hand eye coordination. Maybe an eye issue. I am only speculating with his marking obstacles.

Not so sure about that. He runs in straight lines doesn't he so lacks a bit of lateral movement and agility I think. A few of our players have been questionable in the agility area haven't they?

Apart from that his hands are questionable, soft hands for marking and or hand eye coordination. Maybe an eye issue. I am only speculating with his marking obstacles.

Have you seen him play ??

I'm sure when he's ready he'll put on a spectacle

Have you seen him play ??

No, the bloody coaches haven't given him a chance yet, crippling his development using some crappy excuse about there having been no games on.

No, the bloody coaches haven't given him a chance yet, crippling his development using some crappy excuse about there having been no games on.

Palm slaps face + Homer DOH !!! :confused:;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back