Traded Jack Billings

Remove this Banner Ad

He still hasn't given away a free kick. Ever. It would have tobe a record by now wouldn't it? Would something so obscure like that even be tracked?

Has arrived. He was drafted as a 'game changer' and yesterday he delivered. Such an unbelievable performance in the last.

NEVER IN DOUBT!! :)

I'm sure as his player advocate you are feeling quite paternal right about now!! :p

Showed his class yesterday, such a good user of the footy and clutch finisher. Was directly above him when he took a mark at 50m on the boundary in the third. He was looking for inboard options when Joey Montagna yelled out "Jack, just go back and kick the f#$ken goal". Alas he duly succeeded.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

20 disposals and 1.4 goals a game are good stats for a mature player.
Definitely are, if you have a 25 year old 150 gamer contributing 20 touches (many being damaging kicks in the forward half, like Jack's are, 5 marks (almost all in the fwd half) and over a goal a game, you'd be pretty happy. I think Jack gets marked pretty harshly here, I don't think he's close to his potential ceiling yet, but he's already comfortably Best 22.

You could tell very early on that he was going to be a very good player. He was very light last year but he would crack in.. his kicking under pressure was first class even at 18.
Hes worked on his build, built up his tank and now he's starting to play with more confidence. He's still developing. But you can already see he's gona be a special player for us for a very very long time.
Very proud to see him arrive. Go Jacky!

Definitely are, if you have a 25 year old 150 gamer contributing 20 touches (many being damaging kicks in the forward half, like Jack's are, 5 marks (almost all in the fwd half) and over a goal a game, you'd be pretty happy. I think Jack gets marked pretty harshly here, I don't think he's close to his potential ceiling yet, but he's already comfortably Best 22.
Looked up Cyril Riolis stats this year (25 y.o., 140 games): 16.7 touches, 1.0 goal, 4.8 marks.

You could tell very early on that he was going to be a very good player. He was very light last year but he would crack in.. his kicking under pressure was first class even at 18.
Hes worked on his build, built up his tank and now he's starting to play with more confidence. He's still developing. But you can already see he's gona be a special player for us for a very very long time.
Very proud to see him arrive. Go Jacky!

I watched him at the start of the year at the open training and he is an absolutely silky player. He was doing the mid field drills and just operated like he was in some kind of different time dimension unable to be touched. He moves like dal Santo, just a silky player. He has even more improvement in him. Watch out when he can get further from goal in the future.

Just watched it. Imagine if he ran at 100% effectiveness in that last q.. Could've kicked 5 or 6. Incredible. What a jet.

Reminds me the way he finishes of an Akermanis without the floggish personality traits of Aker.
I think he could be an even better player. The kid is just deadly when he gets the ball inside 50.

Reminds me the way he finishes of an Akermanis without the floggish personality traits of Aker.
I think he could be an even better player. The kid is just deadly when he gets the ball inside 50.
Could easily have kicked 6-8 goals. He was peppering them. He will have a big day out soon. 10 not beyond him.

View attachment 132431 Billings 2nd year vs Wingard's 3rd year (last year, in a team that made a prelim).

Prefer this one Rahul , they are the same age & 2013 was a better year performance-wise for Wingard;

JN v CW 20yo.PNG
Jack has one less kick & clearance per game, but with one extra tackle and one less clanger.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back