ottoman

Norm Smith Medallist
May 13, 2014
Istanbul
AFL Club
Collingwood
We got Crisp JDG and Greenwood for Beams
All 3 were fantastic today.
Brisbane wouldn't be worried. They got a gun who wants to be in Brisbane and prior to injury was their best player this year.
Truly was a win - win trade

Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Hawks, NY Rangers
Very good, but this guy has him covered for pure skill. :)

11219724_10206596058533953_6269577184453796404_n_zps2gnwdsyz.jpg

Starcevich90

Team Captain
May 15, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Crispy is fast becoming my favorite player. Some of his kicks hitting targets inside 50 when he's running full tilt and under pressure are absolutely elite. I love this guy he's got everything. Runs hard, tackles hard, gets it inside and out, Kicks goals. He's got versatility too with size, pace, and really damaging and creative skills. Will be top 5 in the Copeland this year as a first year youngster. He's going to be a huge part of our midfield for many years to come.
But Blair is better. Drop Crisp haha

Crisp is outstanding. Has turned into one of our most reliable mids who can win his own footy, run and carry and kick goals.

Dare I say the full package?

Loved how well he and De Goey played tonight, cheers Brisbane!!
AFL fantasy points today:
Crisp 116
Greenwood 107
De Goey 102

Not too shabby...

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Done well Crisp. Very good recruit. The story goes he wasnt the first one they wanted inthe beames deal.
Lucky us.
But beames is a gun player and with us getting degoey as well then win win between the 2 clubs.

We got Crisp JDG and Greenwood for Beams
All 3 were fantastic today.
Brisbane wouldn't be worried. They got a gun who wants to be in Brisbane and prior to injury was their best player this year.
Truly was a win - win trade

I like to think it was a win - win+win+win trade :)

Shaneprice97

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 24, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL
Beams is the best recruit, and was always going to be very good.

Crisp and Higgins fight for second though.

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
First full season of AFL.

I think he has been awesome....will only get better.

Like I said Dave he is MY boy :)

rand corp

Premiership Player
Oct 5, 2004
asia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Crisp has come from nowhere to be one of our most consistent mids, has really good size, great pace and a deadly left boot, goes in hard too, so much to like.

Varcoe, defied perceptions for me, been tackling hard, chasing, doing the team things and really made a positive contribution this season.

and

DeGoey, this kid is going to be an absolute star, first year in and was like a general in the guts last night, awesome.

Grundy, wonderful to watch him work so hard and really put in for his team mates, best young ruckman in the competition and on the rise

Maynard, another first year player who should go on to be an absolute Jet, that goal was so impressive from a first year player

Moore, hard to believe he has only played three or four games, already looking like a leader, cannot wait to see this kid next season and beyond, should go on and be a marquee player for the competition.

Adams and Greewood smashing bodies and boring under the packs made a big impression last night as well, good signs.

Langdon cops a bit on here but as a big mobile backman in his second season his desperation is more than commendable he is going to be one of the best tall backs in the game in a season or two. Very reliable.

Pies_Iceman

Senior List
Feb 28, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Leeds
It'd be nice for the fox sports commentators to call him by his real name. Heard him being called Cripps numerous times. So annoying.

But absolutely love the kid. He looks like the prototype midfielder. Good to see Bucks move him back onto the ball instead of the wing last night.

suspect footskills

All Australian
Oct 15, 2012
Richmond
AFL Club
Collingwood
I keep seeing him nailing passes through traffic and thinking how on earth his kicking was singled out as his weakness when we picked him up. Had he been hiding his kicking the whole time he was at Brissy?

Flat, fast, precise passing players at 190cm who can win their own ball aren't easy to come by let alone as steak knives.

I like the way he can kick through packs to find a player.
A couple of times I found myself saying "how did he do that"?

That's what I have been most impressed with when he gets the footy I know he will hit a target

Not many players in our team I can say that about

Pendles!

Premiership Player
Sep 13, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
How good can he be? His improvement trajectory has been pretty good but trying to think of someone who he can maybe become similar quality to. James kelly?

Also what were his deficiencies when drafted? Knowing what we know now its pretty mental he went in the rookie draft.

I was talking to my Lions supporting cousin yesterday. We got on to the Beams trade, and he said that Beams was the one shining light from their season.
I asked him if he was worth getting rid of two high picks for in a strong draft. He said yes. Then I said what about Crisp?

Silence.....

Then, 'Yeah... That one stings a fair bit...'

Lions supporters will never admit it on their board, but it cuts them deep that they gave away a player like Crisp as steak knives :D

How good can he be? His improvement trajectory has been pretty good but trying to think of someone who he can maybe become similar quality to. James kelly?

Also what were his deficiencies when drafted? Knowing what we know now its pretty mental he went in the rookie draft.

His Kicking and Disposal was his Knocks when he was Drafted in the Rookie Draft

Back