Toast Jack Crisp

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want to make a toast thread for Crisp. Hes sort of the unsung hero in the Beams trade. He put his hand up and said he was happy to sign on for 2 years and stay, but if him returning to melbourne in a trade with Collingwood or Essendon meant Beams come return home to play closer to his father, he'd move.

Fair to say thats maturity for a 20/21 year old who started as a Rookie. I for one hope he manages to crack into Collingwoods 22, which is something I believe he can do personally.

Possibly the only reason I will keep an eye on how the picklets go.

Thank you Jack. Will miss you in the Lions premiership jumper.

See you in 2 years.:cool:

It's nice that this year we can farewell players without any angst towards them. Hopefully the GABBA crowd will be respectful to both Crisp and Patfull next year when they return to play us. Genuinely believe Crisp will become a decent player, so good luck to him. Hopefully he won't becoming a whipping boy for the pies supporters.

Can't imagine anyone booing him.

I wonder if he has a story to tell in all of this. He seemed to pop up in the trade negotiations at a very convenient moment.

I was a bit bummed they traded Crisp, I thought he had a lot of upside and will become a good player. The hit on him from the club and why he didnt play earlier is because there were some questions on his decision making, I didnt see a lot of evidence of that problem in his senior games. I wish him all the best and as someone said before hope to see you in two years.

Thanks Jack and all the best at the Pies! I like many others think he made a leap at the end of the season and showed that he can make it at the AFL level. There is something I always liked about the effortless way he seemed to glide across the field.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont know much about him. But does he have a decent career ahead of him?

Congrats on Beams. He will be missed but our hands were tied so I am reasonably happy with the returns. Beams is probably the best snap shot for goal in the comp......dont know why but across his shoulder inside 50 he rarely misses. You will enjoy watching this in the next few years

Congrats on Beams. He will be missed but our hands were tied so I am reasonably happy with the returns. Beams is probably the best snap shot for goal in the comp......dont know why but across his shoulder inside 50 he rarely misses. You will enjoy watching this in the next few years
Hasn't played a lot of football, but I've liked everything I've seen. He has some real pace, has some height (190cm I think), and has a raking kick. Biggest flaws would be consistency and decision-making, but both those issues can be coached out easily. I am a massive Crisp fan, very sad to see him go. But the way he conducted himself through this was just classy, professional stuff. Think the Pies have a good young kid.

Played better footy in his few senior opportunities than he did in the reserves. Not neccessairly a knock on him, as some players just tend to adjust to the level they are playing at.

Good sign was that he looked at home in the NEAFL, when you might expect AFL listed players to show a touch of 'class above' like Polec and Karnezis did ocassionally, then when he stepped up to AFL level, he maintained that level of looking genuinely at home out there on the field.

I don't think ability is his problem, but he's a 50/50 shot at making a good career in footy at the highest level. The advantage is that he has all the physical tools required.

When I was playing club seniors at the ripe old age of 16 I found the step up to be easier. Maybe Jack found. It easier to own at AFL level. Some aspects were harder such as the physical side of things but at the higher level everyone is of better talent then the lower levels. For instance, at senior level I could use my pace to get on a 5 m lead and I would get a kick that would usually hit me on the tit, whereas the u16 level I would do the same but the kick would be above my head etc. It's easier to use your strengths at the higher level imo but on the flip side your weaknesses are exploited. No surprise that jack had improved his weaknesses to a level that he could perform very well at afl standard football. Would be one of Collingwoods best in 3 years imo at least top 10

See Crisp's tweet earlier today. That's the way to handle it.

I like him even more now, will be looking for him keenly when I'm forced to watch Pies games with the missus. (which is alot...Sadly, in Hong Kong with Australia Network on, Pies get majority of the coverage :/)

See Crisp's tweet earlier today. That's the way to handle it.

I like him even more now, will be looking for him keenly when I'm forced to watch Pies games with the missus. (which is alot...Sadly, in Hong Kong with Australia Network on, Pies get majority of the coverage :/)

Can you post it? Im at work and cant see Twitter on these.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back