Toast Jack Crisp

Status
Not open for further replies.
For you but not us. We were dealing with 5 clubs and I had the good mail on that deal before anyone else.

Ah no. 3 separate trades. Trades 5, 6 & 7 according to the AFL.

But keep trying. It's amusing.

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
For you but not us. We were dealing with 5 clubs

This is a ludicrous argument. That's like saying that your employer pays you in groceries, booze and videogames because that's what you happen to end up spending your wages on.

Here is how the AFL has officially recorded the trade in the history books.

tradebeams.JPG

and I had the good mail on that deal before anyone else.

You really didn't. You, like many Collingwood fans were still in denial when we had Lions fans here (with real mail, not fantasy mail) saying that Beams to Brisbane was looking very likely.

We also had people here floating our first two picks + Crisp (as well as noting the possibility of helping you get Greenwood) in the first days of trade period while you guys were still fantasising about Redden and Aish and saying that you would get Greenwood without us.

Wounded Lion

Team Captain
Oct 17, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
For you but not us. We were dealing with 5 clubs and I had the good mail on that deal before anyone else.

What exactly is so special about this "good mail" you speak of?

Does the envelope have gold stars on it or does a naked lady deliver it?

Bring_Back_Brad

Club Legend
Jul 16, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Ah no. 3 separate trades. Trades 5, 6 & 7 according to the AFL.

But keep trying. It's amusing.

This is a ludicrous argument. That's like saying that your employer pays you in groceries, booze and videogames because that's what you happen to end up spending your wages on.
Rofl think you know our business better than us? I've got ears on the inside mate.
Might seem straight forward to you but trades are more complex than what the layman sees.
Due to cap space We could only trade varcoe in if beams was going out so the varcoe, lumumba, Clark deal was dependant on the beams deal and the greenwood trade needed your pick 25, so yes 5 teams involved and you're embarrassing yourself.

Rofl think you know our business better than us? I've got ears on the inside mate.
Might seem straight forward to you but trades are more complex than what the layman sees.
Due to cap space We could only trade varcoe in if beams was going out so the varcoe, lumumba, Clark deal was dependant on the beams deal and the greenwood trade needed your pick 25, so yes 5 teams involved and you're embarrassing yourself.
So.. what you're saying is 5 teams traded picks and players involving 3 separate trades? Cool.

Aug 17, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

You really have been brainwashed by Eddie and Co. in relation to the Beams trade. It's quite hilarious how easy it is to see. Beams and pick 67 for picks 5,25 and Crisp was done independently.

You really have been brainwashed by Eddie and Co. in relation to the Beams trade. It's quite hilarious how easy it is to see. Beams and pick 67 for picks 5,25 and Crisp was done independently.

You could probably argue that we would have done Crisp for pick 67 and therefore we actually ended up getting Beams for 2 & 25. ;)

Bring_Back_Brad

Club Legend
Jul 16, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yea like I said you were dealing with one club, we were dealing with four. That's five clubs involved if you do the math. Pretty hard for you to calculate I see but that's okay don't expect you to be able to understand.

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Yea like I said you were dealing with one club, we were dealing with four. That's five clubs involved if you do the math. Pretty hard for you to calculate I see but that's okay don't expect you to be able to understand.

So if I go to the butcher, buy an 8 dollar steak, pay with a 20 and then with my change buy a paper from the newsagent, some milk from the convenience store and some bread from the bakery... does that make it a five way megatrade for a $20 bill or a series of isolated transactions?

Last edited:

Bring_Back_Brad

Club Legend
Jul 16, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Bring_Back_Brad is hurting from the Beams trade.

He hasn't felt this betrayed and abandoned since Miss Elizabeth chose Hulk Hogan over Macho Man Randy Savage.

View attachment 89361
She didn't choose hulk hogan over me.
That was the famous megapowers summerslam match where she ripped off her dress to stun Andre the giant and ted dibiase, giving me and hulk hogan a chance to come back and catch them off guard, and win the match.
http://www.wwe.com/videos/hulk-hoga...-and-andre-the-giant-summerslam-1988-25057367

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams

Bring_Back_Brad

Club Legend
Jul 16, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
So if I go to the butcher, buy an 8 dollar steak, pay with a 20 and then with my change buy a paper from the newsagent, some milk from the convenience store and some bread from the bakery... does that make it a five way megatrade for a $20 bill or a series of isolated transactions?
For you yes, but not the butcher.

Still doesn't beat the 6 TEAM MEGA TRADE TO END ALL MEGA TRADES that the Lions had last year with the 'Go-home 5'.

Greggy85

Senior List
Oct 22, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

And...? Why retrospectively say that you knew something was going to happen, when it's completely unverifiable? And so what if you did?

Methinks the lady doth protest too much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back