Status
Not open for further replies.
May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
We are happy due to the fact the Lions tried to hold our club to ransom over the whole Beams trade. Everyone is football admitted pick5 alone wasn't enough but every lions fan on here said pick 5 was easily enough.

No. No they didn't.

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
What do you expect from a supporter base who thinks another club's coach telling his own fans that a certain player won't be traded is disrespectful and an insult.

Eddie has them convinced that the footballing world revolves around them.

Brisbane fans in general were the more informed fan base thoroughly the trade. We had posters who had mail on Beams's intention well in advance of trade week while Collingwood supporters were calling us delusional idiots.

We also had posters who were predicting our first two picks + Crisp weeks before it even became discussed publicly while once again Collingwood fans were once again calling us delusional idiots and using "Pick 5 + Hanley" avatars.

It doesn't fit the "derp derp Bears fans don't understand footy" groupthink line they run with though, so they just pretend it didnt happen.

Losing a star to the lowly minnow Bears was totally inconceivable to them, so the trade period was an exercise in profound denial.

Last edited:
Can we change this thread heading to: "Attention Collingwood trolls, gloat about how well Crisp is playing here", or maybe just close the thread.

But then where will us mods get to practice? :D

What do you expect from a supporter base who thinks another club's coach telling his own fans that a certain player won't be traded is disrespectful and an insult.

Eddie has them convinced that the footballing world revolves around them.

Brisbane fans in general were the more informed fan base thoroughly the trade. We had posters who had mail on Beams's intention well in advance of trade week while Collingwood supporters were calling us delusional idiots.

We also had posters who were predicting our first two picks + Crisp weeks before it even became discussed publicly while once again Collingwood fans were once again calling us delusional idiots and using "Pick 5 + Hanley" avatars.

It doesn't fit the "derp derp Bears fans don't understand footy" groupthink line they run with though, so they just pretend it didnt happen.

Losing a star to the lowly minnow Bears was totally inconceivable to them, so the trade period was an exercise in profound denial.

To be fair you guys did have a better understanding of what had transpired re the trade.
And you may, (rightly or wrongly) call us delusional/in denial.
On the flip side our supporters are/were more across Beams' off field issues specifically his "quad".
If you think we are manufacturing it out of sour grapes, you are delusional/in denial.
As far as Crisp goes, I got the impression you thought he had potential whilst being happy to let him go if it got the deal done.
At this point, (very early in the season) we're very happy with the improvement he has shown and can now see the potential on a weekly basis.
The gloating on your board about Hine blinking is probably what is driving any current correspondence between our boards.
Ultimately, if you guys are happy that's great, 'coz I know we are.
PS: Our doubts the rumours were true were fuelled by Beams telling Bucks he was staying.
We took him at his word - more fool us.

Bugglz

All Australian
Jun 1, 2011
Hampton
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Newcastle United
Yep this thread is exactly how I expected it to be :p. Crisp has been amazing for us so far but its only round 5 and he could easily revert back to how he was at brisbane or get worse. While Beams is a known gun who will continue to produce elite games for the next 5 years.
I wasn't too keen on the deal when it first went down but after seeing Crisp in action as well as De Goey, and knowing what we're likely to get from Greenwood I am very happy with the deal.
As i'm sure Lion's fans are happy as well as there is no guarantee Crisp would have improved this much if he stayed in Brisbane and you could have easily picked up a spud with your second round pick. Its looking like a win-win deal at the moment.

Aug 18, 2010
Melbs
AFL Club
Collingwood
No. No they didn't.

Some certainly did:

Pick 4 by itself should get the deal done. It's a whole new ball game now. Maybe we might chuck in a fringe player as a sweetener to speed up the trade.

Pick 4 should be the most logical.
Next option - pick 4 and a swap of 2nd rd picks might be fair OR pick 4 and a fringe/role player.

Certainly wasn't every supporter. But pleeeeeenty of smugness from your supporters during the process, all happy to think you had us over a barrel, and I feel that this is actually the main reason we feel a little satisfied as to how things have played out.

e.g.:

Very happy with how we are playing this. Your move ferals....

Some certainly did:

Certainly wasn't every supporter. But pleeeeeenty of smugness from your supporters during the process, all happy to think you had us over a barrel, and I feel that this is actually the main reason we feel a little satisfied as to how things have played out.

e.g.:

Oh, well then, we are all 100% what you claim we are because you gave a few examples. Well said, idiot.

I wrote "some", and admitted it wasn't every one of you. Cool reading comprehension level there.

You're started with a reply to someone taking issue with "every lions fan on here said pick 5 was easily enough". Congrats on pointing out two examples? If you didn't want to argue that point then why bother replying to the post you did?

The deal is a win-win by all accounts and in fact was seen as a win-win when the deal happened initially, even without seeing anybody play, yet a lot of Collingwood fans are now coming in and gloating as if they've gotten away with blind robbery.

Now with us having a season from hell (Injuries, players going backwards, horrible form etc), Pies fans see the time to strike the wounded lions.

Which is why I suggested to just get rid of this thread and everybody moves on from the trade deal for now.

Heck, we're only 5 games into the season - you never know what can happen in a few years time - Crisp might be a 1 season wonder and fade into obscurity (I hope he doesn't because he's a good kid and he's talented enough that I doubt it'll happen) but you're never sure so I'd say it's a bit early for any gloating.

Aug 18, 2010
Melbs
AFL Club
Collingwood
You're started with a reply to someone taking issue with "every lions fan on here said pick 5 was easily enough". Congrats on pointing out two examples? If you didn't want to argue that point then why bother replying to the post you did?

Cause The truth is in the middle. Plenty more where those quotes came from, and plenty more reasonable posters too. And because I think Crooked Girth, by saying it was all of you, which is easy to disprove, makes us look totally unreasonable. CG's wrong, sure. But so are the Brions posters saying we're being unreasonable about how it all played out. It was the attitude that got to us, even if the exact offers you guys thought were reasonable varied from poster to poster.

Hmm yeah, seems like it seems to be a circle of both trolling and "here's some examples of people who said pick 5" when anyone who'd actually paid attention to our board would have seen that they were very much in the minority, and those posting them on the Collingwood board are the same level of morons as those wanting the sun, sky and stars on here... but that seems to be lost on the charmers who keep bumping this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back