Player Watch Jack Crisp

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if he woukd he able to average 25-30 disposals a game if he didnt play a somewhat run with role each week?

Absolutely love him though, him and Adams have been huge this year.

My mistake, Wikipedia says he was taken in the 2012 rookie draft but it's obviously wrong.

Nah, it's not wrong. It's just the unusual dating the AFL uses for the pre-season and rookie drafts, which are always numbered to the next year (ie: the 2012 rookie draft was actually held in calendar year 2011). So Crisp is actually part of that 2011 draft class.

A bit OT, but anyone know what the tatt says on his forearm?

270654-bf753f7c-1257-11e5-9f1b-ea0e0a7b6fb6.jpg

"Something something something something something something something something going nowhere-o. #ItsThatEasy"

[/
It says something like this. Dear Collingwood and Mr Hine, thank you very much for saving my life and sporting career to get me away from the babbling bundy drop bears as im more an aggressive Mighty Magpie. I owe my life to collingwood for adding me to the trade and making my mrs the happiest woman in the world who is a big pies supporter etc etc ps, Thank god i get to play footy in-front of crowds now :)

It says something like this. Dear Collingwood and Mr Hine, thank you very much for saving my life and sporting career to get me away from the babbling bundy drop bears as im more an aggressive Mighty Magpie. I owe my life to collingwood for adding me to the trade and making my mrs the happiest woman in the world who is a big pies supporter etc etc ps, Thank god i get to play footy in-front of crowds now
Lucky he's got big arms, then.

Jarryd Blair version: "Thx"

Beaten by Sheil who at one point was turning the game on its head.
Yeah right, your views on this board mean jack ( no pun intended ) Crisp clearly dominated 28 touches, 2 clinch goals and busted his gut doing all the hard work inside. Had 111 DT points v 97 to Shiel This guy will be A grade by years end, you TG will just be a regular Pies basher!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looks to me something like "Forget about how hard you hit. It's about how hard you get hit and keep moving forward."
This bloke has become my favourite current Collingwood player. Funnily enough has the same number as my all-time favourite, Billy Picken. Very different players but both play their guts out. And Jack probably doesn't do the on-field self-commentary that apparently Billy did ("Here comes Billy Picken!") because he doesn't come across as being as mad as a cut snake like Billy was, but I just love the way he goes about his footy!

Loving Crispy's work this year. Is he ineligible for the Rising Star?

We're definitely winning the trade at the moment with Greenwood yet to even play a seniors game. Sucked in Brisbane!

I liked on Footy Classified tonight then saying that with this deal, besides on field performance we traded it a non team oriented personality in Beams (who they implied had culture type issues) for a couple of really solid citizens and team men in Crisp and de Goey. (They seemed to forget that Greenwood ended up indirectly being part of the deal).

Loving Crispy's work this year. Is he ineligible for the Rising Star?

We're definitely winning the trade at the moment with Greenwood yet to even play a seniors game. Sucked in Brisbane!
Hes a little to old. Have to be younger than 21 on the 1st of jan this year.

Probably my favourite player to see kick a goal. Love this guy, exactly what we needed.

I am not saying we might have won the Beams trade, I am saying we have clearly won it.

Pick 5 in DeGoey, tackling machine and will be solid, Crisp gets over 20 touches a game, tackles hard and hits the scoreboard. Greenwood is a gun and hasn't played a game yet. Beams is just one player.

I wouldn't give Brisbane those three boys for Beams even if they added something more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was a young Piesman named Crisp,
who had text running up to his wrist.
Such was his passion,
it became quite the fashion,
when he goaled he would raise a clenched fist.

I wouldn't be so quick to say that he was beaten by Shiel. Sheil had that burst period in the first half of the second quarter where he picked up 11 touches in 10-12 minutes and looked really good. But other than that he was solid without being spectacular. Crisp kicked a couple of goals, more tackles and used the ball better, which in Crisp's case was a higher kick to handball ratio than Shiel too.

I'd say they broke even but relative to their teams performance, Crisp was more influential, kicking those couple of goals when we needed them (near end of second quarter and start of fourth).

We've found one with this kid, he's going to be solid for a number of years yet. Hopefully he's still got some improvement left in him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back