Past Jack Crisp (2011-2014)

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like a good player in the making,very polished,really like him.
Agreed but he showed all the characteristics of a cub playing against hardened/experienced players...just too easily pushed aside and brushed off the contest. Can't wait for him to get experience and hard at it.

Agreed but he showed all the characteristics of a cub playing against hardened/experienced players...just too easily pushed aside and brushed off the contest. Can't wait for him to get experience and hard at it.
I have the same feeling about Crisp as I had about Hanley.

I'm a Crisp fan. IMO he can play as a defensive mid or as a ball winner or he can go forward and play tall or small. He's a great tackler and has good defensive pressure. He's got a good endurance/speed combination and moves well across the ground. His kicking is only so so (not great, not terrible) and he needs to build strength. At a guess I would say he will develop into a player that is similar in style to Carrazzo.

Jordan Lisle is getting some credit for the goal he kicked, but Crisp's work to set up the goal was just as good imo. He made something out of nothing. Although like Lisle, he didn't do a whole heap apart from that.

I can see why Vossy wants to play him. But he's had his chances to really shine and hasn't taken it with that much authority. The talent is definitely there, just don't see why he's being played in his first year when he's not being named in the Reserve's best week in week out.

I can see why Vossy wants to play him. But he's had his chances to really shine and hasn't taken it with that much authority. The talent is definitely there, just don't see why he's being played in his first year when he's not being named in the Reserve's best week in week out.

Think he is a unique player to our list, hence nobody to replace him.

Think he is a unique player to our list, hence nobody to replace him.
Saw him burned quite a few times on the weekend, after finding space. Looked to me like his colleagues don't entirely trust him with ball in hand.

Saw him burned quite a few times on the weekend, after finding space. Looked to me like his colleagues don't entirely trust him with ball in hand.
Saw the same thing. Dont think its necessarily a matter of trust but dare I say it, IMO, a case of a few hungry boys. Or perhaps a better choice of why would be lack of vision.

359109-180818-tom-rockliff.jpg

Great photo of Crisp. It's nice when you get to see them experience some genuine elation.

Young guns
21 Aug, 2012

Then there’s Rookie Jack Crisp, who was overlooked at the 2011 National Draft, despite being highly-fancied among recruiting experts, and expected to be picked in the first few rounds.

It’s a story reminiscent of Lions Vice Captain, and Crisp’s fellow country Victorian, Tom Rockliff.

In a whirlwind three years, Rockliff was overlooked at the National Draft in 2008, given a lifeline in the Pre-Season Draft in 2009, won the Club’s Rookie of the Year award in 2010, and went on to win the Club Champion award in 2011.

Crisp has shown football smarts and a hardness at the contest that has made fans sit up and notice - and many are hoping that the Lions have the next Rockliff on their hands.

CrispA.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should send him to Rockliff's boxing coach. Gonna be a gun.

Elevated. :thumbsu::D

My early nomination for pre-season bolter. :thumbsu:

Also please give him the number 3 jumper.

we could have waited another year because its not like he would be stepping into the starting 22 but yes he did deserve it showed alot of promise

we could have waited another year because its not like he would be stepping into the starting 22 but yes he did deserve it showed alot of promise

He played nine games last year, which suggests there is a good chance he will play plenty of senior footy next year.

He played nine games last year, which suggests there is a good chance he will play plenty of senior footy next year.

Yeah ofcourse he will I only meant in a potential full strength side come round 1 guys like bewick beams yeo polkinghorne you would think be ahead of him for selection though their is a long preseason ahead and things will probably change

Link

Youngster Jack Crisp won the time trial, just ahead of Joel Patfull .

Link

Reigning club champion Joel Patfull went within inches of winning the 2km time trial, pipped on the line by young midfielder Jack Crisp in a sprint finish.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back