Past Jack Crisp (2011-2014)

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd really like to see him in at a few centre bounces this week.

Would also be a good option for a tagging/ defensive job on someone like Vince.

I'd liked what I'd seen of Jack in the reserves for a while, but in my opinion he hadn't really shown anything when called up to the seniors previously and I was worried he might be one where the step up in grades might be a bridge too far.

I'm happy to say that what he showed on Saturday evening has me convinced he can be a good player at senior level.

After a strong year in the reserves, he finally got his chance and looks to make the most of it.

Will probably have to follow up this performance with similar or better for a couple more matches if he wants to cement a contract next year, but his effort over the weekend was pretty encouraging.

Looked comfortable at senior level.

Will probably have to follow up this performance with similar or better for a couple more matches if he wants to cement a contract next year, but his effort over the weekend was pretty encouraging.

Looked comfortable at senior level.

Loved his game on the weekend. He has pace, strength, size and tenacity. Also looked clean collecting the ball in difficult conditions. I had almost put him down as a delisting but if he can continue that form he deserves another contract and a spot in our best 22.

Just needs to work on his disposal.

Loved his game on the weekend. He has pace, strength, size and tenacity. Also looked clean collecting the ball in difficult conditions. I had almost put him down as a delisting but if he can continue that form he deserves another contract and a spot in our best 22.

Just needs to work on his disposal.

Agree completely with this.

If he has a few more games like that, he could force his way into the group of our mainly-inside type prospects trying to separate from the pack. Right now it seems like Lester is a little way ahead, Beamer is probably on his way out and the coaches must see some deficiency in ZOB's game that they want to iron out before reintroducing him to the seniors. I reckon Crisp showed enough to suggest he'd be pretty near the front of that group if he keeps it up.

i juat wanna see him actually use his speed this week, last week against gold coast there was a few times where he could have had a few bounces running on the wing but always looked to hand pass it off. maybe it will come with more expirience and confidence but looks like a very good player last week.

I hadn't paid a lot of attention to Crisp previously, but he is a seriously strange player to watch.

He's big, tall, fast and has beautiful clean hands but just cannot kick the ball, or has not over the last couple of weeks anyway. If he could just find a couple of kicking options that worked for him, he could be pretty valuable.

I hadn't paid a lot of attention to Crisp previously, but he is a seriously strange player to watch.

He's big, tall, fast and has beautiful clean hands but just cannot kick the ball, or has not over the last couple of weeks anyway. If he could just find a couple of kicking options that worked for him, he could be pretty valuable.
Hard to put a finger on it. Has a nice fluent style imo. Just taking a guess, but it may have alot to do with him not having alot of time in the ones. Has everything going for him bar his bloody kicking.

Hard to put a finger on it. Has a nice fluent style imo. Just taking a guess, but it may have alot to do with him not having alot of time in the ones. Has everything going for him bar his bloody kicking.

Looking at Crisp running around in the 2's it is pretty clear that he is a player with potential, but watching him in the seniors is living proof of the skills gap between the two levels.

I think he will probably make the grade although his disposal will need to improve as observed already. It seems someone thinks he has met the coach halfway and accordingly he is going to get a serious run.

What I like about him is that if you were to run a comp on will make the grade based purely on appearance he'd be among the first picked- just looks like a footballer.

Noticed this in his bio on the club's website:
After catching the eye of AFL recruiters, he was invited to take part in the 2011 AFL Draft Combine where he finished top 10 in two events - standing vertical jump and kicking assessment (in which he scored 83 per cent). He also set a personal best in the 3km time-trial.
So maybe he can improve his kicking with more games and greater confidence. Not many mobile 190cm/90kg types around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gentleman Jack Crisp - not a hair out of place. Looks the part.

He and Stef should be doing ads for hair product. They leave the field looking like they are heading out on the town.

His reading of the play has improved so much and just finds himself in attacking positions so often. He also has a good defensive game and doesn't let his direct opponent run off him when they have the ball. Was watching the Collingwood replay, and while he didn't get as many touches as his first few games, he was always working hard defensively. Crisp was responsible for Lumumba who was a non factor in the game and what made it even more remarkable was that the ball was inside our forward half probably 65-70% of the time. Should have had another 3 goals as well.

Think my favourite Crisp moment since his return was in the Pies game during a chain of handballs through the middle. Can't remember who he got it from but it was a fairly ordinary pass that looked almost certain to end up hitting the deck and ruining the whole passage, but he gathered it brilliantly and to memory it led to a goal. That kind of class is something I really didn't think he had until these last few weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back