Jack on Access All Areas

Remove this Banner Ad

Id be much more worried if he went"oh well.... It's just a game" shook hands with the dockers and wandered off with a smile on this face thinking about another weeks $$$$ in the bank.
I love that he gives a s**t! And he really does give a s**t. He was hurting like we were hurting and I love that about him! Don't change Jack!! Just don't miss next time.
What other clubs would give for that passion.

* this media i swear, you can just tell they were waiting for jack to show one bit of emotion so they can hang s**t on him, its a lose lose situation, when they dont show emotion the media bitches and whines about robotic players, players show emotion they hang s**t on em, cant even believe this was a negative story, should of been a positive story about how much he cares, piss off purple and hairy man

Just heard about it and just watched the vision. Liked it a lot. Great insight for us fans to see players really invested in the outcome of the game. Normally when all you see from a great distance is men kneeling down or bending over with hands on knees you have know idea what they are thinking and it is easy to cast assumptions to the negative.

I love the ferocity of passion on display. He obviously hurt real bad for the loss. Just like we all did.

Also loved seeing Ivan get involved. Good to peek beyond the curtain of sports professionalism and see the raw humanity for a fraction of time.

I know I'm still feeling that loss. Haunting way to blow a crucial game. Glad to see jack throw his bananas.

Just heard about it and just watched the vision. Liked it a lot. Great insight for us fans to see players really invested in the outcome of the game. Normally when all you see from a great distance is men kneeling down or bending over with hands on knees you have know idea what they are thinking and it is easy to cast assumptions to the negative.

I love the ferocity of passion on display. He obviously hurt real bad for the loss. Just like we all did.

Also loved seeing Ivan get involved. Good to peek beyond the curtain of sports professionalism and see the raw humanity for a fraction of time.

I know I'm still feeling that loss. Haunting way to blow a crucial game. Glad to see jack throw his bananas.
reminded me of richo when we lost that dreamtime game to that stupid hands in the back rule which isnt even paid anymore i think

reminded me of richo when we lost that dreamtime game to that stupid hands in the back rule which isnt even paid anymore i think
I was at that game. My brother and I, both tiger supporters were surrounded by Essendon fans. When it happened I turned to some lady going off in applause and she saw my dejection and disbelief and said 'oh poor Richmond they don't have much luck.' She said it sincerely and went right back on cheering it up. Not her fault what happened but gee we have suffered haven't we?

I think for jack too it would have been doubly vexing to have Dockers players celebrating infront of him as his heart was crashing. Nothing worse than losing a heart breaker and seeing the victors celebrating when they should have been the ones who lost.

So its alright for Selwood to throw players up against lockers up via their throats but its not ok for Jack to crack the shites?

Effing spare me. Give me a bloke who cares anyday.
The beautiful thing about Jack's emotions which the slow witted media types will utterly miss is that his reaction was truth. It was a monumental f*** up to drop that game. That's the truth. As emotive beings and social creatures this is a valid way of demonstrating truth. He didn't smash a Docker or hit an umpy. He freakin exploded due to the bloody truth of the situation. So he should have. They f***ed it up. Get angry.

Any opposition supporter who calls Jack a sook is completely wrong. He actually brings a passion to the club that must be there to be successful. He didn't have the best game on the weekend but you can guarantee he'll bounce back because he LOVES Richmond as much as we do.

Loved it.

If Jack wasn't emotional i'd be concerned, plays his best footy when he is fired up, also enjoyed big Ivvy consoling him, good leadership and camaraderie.

I just saw this today, and I had one thought.... absolutely fantastic!

Some might say it's whinging or being a sore loser, but I see it as a sign that this Jack, and by extension this club, isn't going to just tolerate losses like this without it hurting like hell.

THAT was the kind of reaction I expected to see after the Carlton EF loss.

Sure, it doesn't mean that we won't ever lose a close game again, but I absolutely love that Riewoldt was just as pissed about it as myself, and thousands of other Tiger fans at the game or at home.

It's that kind of standard and attitude, and not being ready to just cop that kind of loss, that will see us become an elite team in the future.

Mother ******* spot on Jack Riewoldt.

Loved it, hopefully the rest of the team can take something from the passion he shows & how much it means to him. Also shows how much Big Ivvy shows leadership to be able to get Jack under control so quickly. If we can get a team of 22 players with that amount of passion we would be unbeatable. Here's hoping we rip the Hawks a new one this week. GO TIGERS!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lazy journalism, just plain lazy journalism, doesn't take much talent to write a Jack Riewoldt cracks the shits article does it,
there must be a pre-typed one, sitting in everyone of these hacks desktops, just ready to be churned out!!!

Jack has always worn his heart on his sleeve, but the guy just cant win can he with those outside Tigerland.
Think it was Kingy, that said during commentary that he didn't like the nice Jack, he wanted the snarling one, one who
whinges whenever the Umps give something against him, yet as soon as he does, the jackals descend.

Don't ever change Jack! Please Don't! You are a leader in everything but name and a true champion of our club.
Don't let the bastards grind you down

From the article: "The target of Riewoldt’s fury might have been teammate Bachar Houli, whoadmitted he went against team orders by going long down the middle with a kick-in with less than two minutes left."

Ah, media speculation at it's finest!

Let's not bother doing any real journalism and actually ask Jack what he was thinking, instead let's just take a few seconds of vision, engage in a bit of confirmation bias, give our own speculative spin on the situation, and call it "news."

:rolleyes:

His passion for the game and RFC will bring a premiership to our great club. Disappointed that we lost the game in such s**t circumstances that it had to bring his reaction out, but I'm so happy to see his passion is just as strong, if not stronger, as it was when he first started playing for the RFC.

If the entire playing group had his passion, we'd win multiple premierships in a row.

Should be captain

I was at that game. My brother and I, both tiger supporters were surrounded by Essendon fans. When it happened I turned to some lady going off in applause and she saw my dejection and disbelief and said 'oh poor Richmond they don't have much luck.' She said it sincerely and went right back on cheering it up. Not her fault what happened but gee we have suffered haven't we?

I think for jack too it would have been doubly vexing to have Dockers players celebrating infront of him as his heart was crashing. Nothing worse than losing a heart breaker and seeing the victors celebrating when they should have been the ones who lost.
I remember screaming when it happened and I got told to shut up by my mum and I only screamed louder :D
But yeah these games just break me , I'm kinda glad we are playing Friday night as it's a quick turnaround and I want to see us take it up to the hawks , a freak win would be nice

What I don't get is that pretty much every coach does something similar to this once a quarter each week, and it's supposed to be funny, but when a player does it it's a bad look? And the coaches aren't even out there playing, they're the ones that should be able to control their emotions better than the players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back