Traded Jack Redden [traded to West Coast for pick 17]

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow simply wow ....... our first rounder this year AND Lycett for Redden. :drunk:
Funny considering Redden would of been very handy on Grand final day. You guys got smashed in the contest by a 5 foot midget. Plus you overrated your ruckmen. Nic Nac and Sinclar got smashed by Hale and Big Boy McEcvoy. Lycett is just a depth ruckmen. :p

Just wondering what would a Lycett's value would be just by himself?

Last edited:
I think Brisbane would take WCE first round pick this year. Would probably prefer Lycett + 2016 second rounder, but that is probably overs depending on what other offers they get for Lycett.

Your footy club is a joke. If Redden wants to leave, you trade him. If Aish wants to be at Collingwood, you find out a way to get him there. It is not gonna help you attract players knowing that once you are there you cannot leave unless a club pays over for you. Take what clubs are giving you and be happy and maybe think about why everyone wants to leave your club

I heard there were some new synthetic drugs hitting our shores, good for you mate. Have fun.

Your footy club is a joke. If Redden wants to leave, you trade him. If Aish wants to be at Collingwood, you find out a way to get him there. It is not gonna help you attract players knowing that once you are there you cannot leave unless a club pays over for you. Take what clubs are giving you and be happy and maybe think about why everyone wants to leave your club
You're an embarassment to the MFC. If Hogan wants to leave this year with 2 years left on his contract, you'd be happy to let him go?

A Melbourne Supporter calling out another club as a joke. That's made my night - thank you for the laughs.

You're an embarassment to the MFC. If Hogan wants to leave this year with 2 years left on his contract, you'd be happy to let him go?
if he said to us "i want to be traded". We would trade him. Not for pick 50. For the appropriate price

Honestly Pick 17 for Redden is about right. If Lycett/Sinclair aren't on the table I suspect that'll get it done.

Lycett/Sinclair & late 2nd Round pick for Redden a chance of happening. A 2016 pick could potentially be higher for us, but we need some points for Keays and Hipwood so a 2015 pick may also be preffered by us. They'll be late first round/early second round picks. Leuenberger's pick (early 20s), Pick 21 and another second rounder should be enough to cover us so we still get a second round pick to use on a non-academy player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brisbane will be asking for West Coast 2016 1st round pick or Pick 17/20 + Lycett?

If we don't get any of those then he will be playing for the Lions in 2016, unless Aedliade or Richmond offer their first round picks. We need to be tough and stand our ground. He is a required player.

Lions will get only one of the above.

Pick 17 or Lycett or Sinclair. Ruck men are worth more than mids and in any case I can't see the Eagles wanting to part with them.

Redden is a B+ player no Judd and he wants out.

So the club gets the best it can or it keeps a player who doesn't want to be there.

For the next 2 years, you would move heaven and earth to keep him and not trade him. Any club would. Though Hogan is in the same league as Fyfe.

Though to be fair, Redden is probably not a player you would sell your soul to keep. Redden is a good mid but for the right price is tradable.

Saying that, I would keep him unless the clubs valuation was met. I wouldn't move him on, just to move him on. Because he would be a starting mid at any club.

You gave up pick 23 for a 28 year old Bernie Vince...

I'd say a contracted 24 year old Jack Redden is worth more than that.
WCE didn't actively persue Redden.

Redden expressed an interest in joining WCE. He would be a depth player or he may sneak into our top 22 but he is not someone we would mortgage the house for. You need to realize that no one would be terribly disappointed if the trade didn't happen and as such your club accepts what WC offers or you refuse a trade.

Don't expect to win on this trade as WCE are not that desperate to make it happen.

My personal opinion is that he is worth a pick somewhere in the vicinity of 20 to 25 but we will see what pans out.

WCE didn't actively persue Redden.

Redden expressed an interest in joining WCE. He would be a depth player or he may sneak into our top 22 but he is not someone we would mortgage the house for. You need to realize that no one would be terribly disappointed if the trade didn't happen and as such your club accepts what WC offers or you refuse a trade.

Don't expect to win on this trade as WCE are not that desperate to make it happen.

My personal opinion is that he is worth a pick somewhere in the vicinity of 20 to 25 but we will see what pans out.
All you West Coast fans don't have to worry. He's going to Adelaide for pick 13 or he will be playing for Brisbane in 2016.

You gave up pick 23 for a 28 year old Bernie Vince...

I'd say a contracted 24 year old Jack Redden is worth more than that.

We gave up a similar pick for Wellingham who had more and less going for him than Redden. Safe to say our first rounder is about right.

Brisbane will be asking for West Coast 2016 1st round pick or Pick 17/20 + Lycett?

If we don't get any of those then he will be playing for the Lions in 2016, unless Aedliade or Richmond offer their first round picks. We need to be tough and stand our ground. He is a required player.

AFL clubs tend to be fair and rational. Only a few have poor reputations at the trade table and Brisbane and West Coast have a decent off field relationship.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back