Traded Jack Redden [traded to West Coast for pick 17]

Remove this Banner Ad

WCE didn't actively persue Redden.

Redden expressed an interest in joining WCE. He would be a depth player or he may sneak into our top 22 but he is not someone we would mortgage the house for. You need to realize that no one would be terribly disappointed if the trade didn't happen and as such your club accepts what WC offers or you refuse a trade.

Don't expect to win on this trade as WCE are not that desperate to make it happen.

My personal opinion is that he is worth a pick somewhere in the vicinity of 20 to 25 but we will see what pans out.
West Coast don't *need* him as they made a Grand Final, but realistically he is a straight up walk into that first bounce in the centre square. West Coast still need to bolster their midfield.

I mean seriously you're saying a contracted Redden is essentially only marginally worth more than Yeo was.

West Coast don't *need* him as they made a Grand Final, but realistically he is a straight up walk into that first bounce in the centre square. West Coast still need to bolster their midfield.
Is he? I'm not entirely convinced that's the case.

I agree that WC should add to their midfield but is Redden actually that useful?

I mean seriously you're saying a contracted Redden is essentially only marginally worth more than Yeo was.
It's a hard comparison to make. We undoubtedly got a good deal with Yeo because he had only played 20-odd games.

How much upside does Redden have?

All you West Coast fans don't have to worry. He's going to Adelaide for pick 13 or he will be playing for Brisbane in 2016.
Nah we will get him for the selwood compo thanks.

I'll take Redden for pick 17 any day of the week! Better than wasting a pick on Jetta and I can see Redden and Duggan running around the midfield next year.

FYI Lycett and Sinclair "aint goin nowhere" they will be at West Coast next year, so dont entertain the thought of trading Redden for Lycett, a 23 year old ruckmen who has 3 years on his contract... Your dreaming

Lol, would be nowhere near our first centre bounce. shuey, priddis and Yeo are twice the players he is.

WCE didn't actively persue Redden.

Redden expressed an interest in joining WCE. He would be a depth player or he may sneak into our top 22 but he is not someone we would mortgage the house for. You need to realize that no one would be terribly disappointed if the trade didn't happen and as such your club accepts what WC offers or you refuse a trade.

Don't expect to win on this trade as WCE are not that desperate to make it happen.

My personal opinion is that he is worth a pick somewhere in the vicinity of 20 to 25 but we will see what pans out.

Funnily enough I find the first part difficult to believe. I'm yet to hear of a case where a player walked out on a club mid-contract and nominated interest in a specific new club immediately where the new club wasn't fairly well engaged in talks already. At a minimum it indicates that the interest has been mutual between the two, with contact both ways. I'm sure you believe what you're writing but I don't know that the evidence speaks to your club feeling the same way.

Funnily enough I find the first part difficult to believe. I'm yet to hear of a case where a player walked out on a club mid-contract and nominated interest in a specific new club immediately where the new club wasn't fairly well engaged in talks already. At a minimum it indicates that the interest has been mutual between the two, with contact both ways. I'm sure you believe what you're writing but I don't know that the evidence speaks to your club feeling the same way.
Haha I think that was some pie fans level delusion.. As if West Coast aren't heavily courting the contracted Jack Redden.

Has Redden expressed an interest in going to Adelaide?

Hes sort of become a smaller fish in the Trade pools. The latest news article relating to him was simply "keen to go to West Coast" and that was it. For all we know, he may have withdrawn his trade request. Or changed his mind. Who knows?

WCE have a history of being able to work deals for these mid range talent types (Chick/Stenglein/Wellingham/etc).

I'm hopeful we can get it done.

Just waiting for the Adelaide scroogy after they shafted us with that dodgy Geelong draft pick swap last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has Redden expressed an interest in going to Adelaide?

He's been linked to West Coast most strongly in media reports, with Adelaide and Richmond commonly listed amongst his "other options". There's no official word of mouth to date but the implication was that West Coast probably let him know there's interest out there but he's open to persuasion from other clubs. Probably means his agent was the one generating these media reports.

Lol, would be nowhere near our first centre bounce. shuey, priddis and Yeo are twice the players he is.
Lol Yeo isn't. No clue mate, run along. Would beat anyone of your midfield except Priddis really.

He's been linked to West Coast most strongly in media reports, with Adelaide and Richmond commonly listed amongst his "other options". There's no official word of mouth to date but the implication was that West Coast probably let him know there's interest out there but he's open to persuasion from other clubs. Probably means his agent was the one generating these media reports.

Could well be his manager , as the managers start to whore players around half way through the season and if they have several prospective players going different ways they are the ones who are often proactive in suggesting possible destinations.

For the record I believe that if he has mentioned an interest in joining WC then we would have had discussions with him via his manager, its a part of the business that is unsavoury and we as supporters get pissed off with the tactic as well feel that our Clubs are getting "white anted", but the truth is all Clubs now do it.

Do you know who his manager is ?

All you West Coast fans don't have to worry. He's going to Adelaide for pick 13 or he will be playing for Brisbane in 2016.
yep, thats a good deal if you can get it from the crows. and you probably wouldnt have too much trouble convincing jack to go back to his home city either.

but its not actually that much better than the eagles first pick, and i seriously doubt brissy would play hardball over a 4 slot draft difference in the teens. id bet that if they are prepared to trade jack at all and they arent interested in keeping him for depth, then either trade will do.

Lol Yeo isn't. No clue mate, run along. Would beat anyone of your midfield except Priddis really.
lol if that was the case he would be the best midfielder at brisbane, instead of trade bait. how many AAs has jack won in your mind?

and why is this contracted super star even being considered for a trade?

realistically jack is an upgrade on hutchings in our second string midfield with rosa, masten and sheed

Last edited:
I would shut you down, but your teams supporters have done it for me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back