Traded Jack Redden [traded to West Coast for pick 17]

Remove this Banner Ad

Why are people so keen to get rid of Sinclair? Lycett has more upside but on 2015 form Sinclair is our second ruck and we only have three.
If we expect Lycett to be the superior ruckman, and I do, then trade Sinclair while he has currency and then draft replacements.

Sinclair is a pretty mediocre ruckman and a handy high half forward. His value will never be higher than now.

If we expect Lycett to be the superior ruckman, and I do, then trade Sinclair while he has currency and then draft replacements.

Sinclair is a pretty mediocre ruckman and a handy high half forward. His value will never be higher than now.
Then let's get rid of six midfielders as we will still have 6 left and that should do us.

The fact that we have three ruck men is one of our strengths so why on earth do we look to trade out a strength.

Then let's get rid of six midfielders as we will still have 6 left and that should do us.

The fact that we have three ruck men is one of our strengths so why on earth do we look to trade out a strength.
How was having Lycett a strength? He spent half the year in the WAFL. Granted, he didn't have a great year but we're not going to play all 3 in one game on a consistent basis. One of them is wasting their time.

I reckon McInnes could also grow into the Sinclair role. Sinclair really isn't a great ruckman.

Depth is great, but really, no NicNat, no Eagles. We just need someone to support him with the potential to step up when required.

How was having Lycett a strength? He spent half the year in the WAFL. Granted, he didn't have a great year but we're not going to play all 3 in one game on a consistent basis. One of them is wasting their time.

I reckon McInnes could also grow into the Sinclair role. Sinclair really isn't a great ruckman.

Depth is great, but really, no NicNat, no Eagles. We just need someone to support him with the potential to step up when required.
If we're trading Sinclair, couldn't we get something better than Jetta in exchange?

Under no circumstances should our first pick be on the table for the Redden trade. If they want our first pick West Coast need to be firm and say no deal in my opinion.

Here's my thoughts on a potential trade. Let me know your thoughts in particular Eagles and Lions fans

BRISBANE GAIN: 2 x second round picks (gives them at least 3 live picks plus Keays and Hipwood before round 2, that doesn't take into account the Aish trade either)
WEST COAST GAIN: Jack Redden

BRISBANE LOSE: Jack Redden
WEST COAST LOSE: 2 x second round picks (1 x late 30's pick, 1 x FA compo for Scott Selwood, fair compo for the loss of Selwood)

Under no circumstances should our first pick be on the table for the Redden trade. If they want our first pick West Coast need to be firm and say no deal in my opinion.

Here's my thoughts on a potential trade. Let me know your thoughts in particular Eagles and Lions fans

BRISBANE GAIN: 2 x second round picks (gives them at least 3 live picks plus Keays and Hipwood before round 2, that doesn't take into account the Aish trade either)

WEST COAST LOSE: 2 x second round picks (1 x late 30's pick, 1 x FA compo for Scott Selwood, fair compo for the loss of Selwood)
Where are you getting two second round picks? This year and next year?

I suspect we have an eye on a replacement. A solid backup ruck shouldn't be too hard to find. If we are being honest with a fit team Sinclair would be the backup.
Yes. From where. Rucks are in short supply and the market will become even tighter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No deal. A contracted best 22 midfielder coming into the prime of his career. Pick 17 plus another second rounder is required.

We will just keep Redden for another year and get a 2nd round compensation pick for him

cheers for being so understanding....drawing the line in the sand with pick 17 brave call by West Coke Eagles

Tell me why Redden is worth a first round pick apart from being contracted

Tell me why Redden is worth a first round pick apart from being contracted

Tell us why he isn't. Your club is the one going the poach.

I think 17 is fair.

I got my heart set on Ryan Clarke at 17 which is why I don't want to give that pick up.

Giving up a first rounder for Redden does seem a bit rich for me but, in saying that the fact he is still contracted makes it harder to get a deal over the line without trading of a first round pick.

Tell us why he isn't. Your club is the one going the poach.

The fact he is contracted makes it a harder bargain to push and realistically makes a first round recompense the only solution. Whether I agree with that or not is my decision, personally I want to hold onto 17 and get another outside mid with pace and good foot disposal like Ryan Clarke

I think if Redden was an un-contracted our second round pick with maybe a higher second round pick from another club would be fair. Disgruntled player, wants out.

The fact that he is a SA boy and is linked to West Coast as a preferred destination rather than a home town team shows that he is not after a trade home either, he just wants out of the Brisbane environment. Do you want to hold onto a player that seems sick of the Brisbane environment, disgruntled and with Keays coming into the side may be forced out of the 22 during 2016?

We wanted Cockatoo and so did Geelong, who were behind us in the draft order until your mob got involved.
didn't you get one at the end of 2012, for pick 17? :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back