Traded Jack Redden (2008-2015)

Remove this Banner Ad

Clearances:

Redden 2010 = 36 (average = 1.6)
Redden 2011 = 76 (average = 3.5)
Redden 2012 = 113 (average = 5.1)

Shows he has taken his inside game to another level this year.

Clearances:

Redden 2010 = 36 (average = 1.6)
Redden 2011 = 76 (average = 3.5)
Redden 2012 = 113 (average = 5.1)
Redden 2013 = 143 (average = 7.4)

Shows he has taken his inside game to another level this year.

Getting in early for predictions!

There is something about this young man that I really like. I asked for him on my membership card and I think you know that week to week he is in there doing his best for the team each week. I don't ever seeing him getting the accolades as those around him for know but he'll eventually be rated very, very highly in the comp.

His goal kicking accuracy over the last 2 years is almost Ling like... 25 and 8 is over 75%. The highlights video really drove it home because I couldn't remember him missing many shots.

All Jack needs to do to become elite is reduce his clangers. It want until watching the video i realised how hard he runs to be involved in moves he starts. My man crush is growing...

Fingers crossed that his time in Arizona can give them that little boost to go from being a borderline A grader to a genuine A grader.

I can't help but think that in 2-3 years time our midfield having played a lot of footy together should be one of the best in the league.

Reddo with 'Brownie the Younger'. Tweeted by Kylie Brown.

d03b71bc519511e2959322000a1f9d56_7.jpg

Redden looks to kick on
January 15, 2013
Michael Whiting

THERE'S arguably only one area holding Jack Redden back from joining the competition's elite midfielders – his kicking.

The Brisbane Lions onballer has proved since his debut against Geelong in 2009 he has the toughness, the nous, the agility, the hands and the engine to match strides with the best.

And although he is an accurate shot for goal (25.8 over the past two seasons), his field kicking has often had a question mark. There was noticeable signs of improvement in 2012, but it's a facet of his game the 22-year-old is making a conscious effort to improve leading into the coming season.

"I'm not naturally a skilful player so I've got to work pretty hard on my kicking," Redden said. "I do emphasise that and put extras into my kicking … and do a lot of one-on-one work."

253467-tlsnewsportrait.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He reminds me a bit of black in that he has so much time when he gets the ball. He isn't the fastest but is very agile and has a powerful first few steps. Also his defensive pressure is top notch.

He appears to have that Dal-santo effect when he ran through traffic picking his options in the NAB cup game. Able to shrug off opposition and deliver with composure. Kid's a monster in contested ball.

Time to get excited. :D.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back