Senior Jack Sinclair

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack Sinclair is SOOOOOOOOOOOO going to be a Saints favourite. Grandson of a Saint, mum used to go to Moorabbin, getting into the AFL the hard way, close buds with Billings... and dare I say it, a gold rookie pick who may well be elevated for Round 1.

I was quite pleased with the form of Jack Sinclair, especially against Hawthorn. The majority of people who picked teams ignored him and picked Templeton and others instead.
And dont be surprised if one of the three rookies upgraded is not Holmes. His leap and mature body would go well against GWS's big ruckman.
I was quite baffled by another poster in the Supercoach board mentioning Sinclair. Seems I need to do some research. Can he crack the best 22, and where will he fit! :confused:

:)

I was quite baffled by another poster in the Supercoach board mentioning Sinclair. Seems I need to do some research. Can he crack the best 22, and where will he fit! :confused:

:)
Sinclair is a very interesting one. He is a rookie so you'll know he's cracked best 22 if he is upgraded this week. Many will have him pegged as the sub. However, it looks like the coach has allocated him a role of mid, resting forward. This is in direct contrast to Saad and Lonie who are small forwards who may be asked to play a little higher up the ground when rotations require it. I'm not sure he has the tank to run out matches just yet so is likely to cop the vest at some stage if he plays. 45 - 55 points is expected output in my opinion if upgraded.

Sinclair is a very interesting one. He is a rookie so you'll know he's cracked best 22 if he is upgraded this week. Many will have him pegged as the sub. However, it looks like the coach has allocated him a role of mid, resting forward. This is in direct contrast to Saad and Lonie who are small forwards who may be asked to play a little higher up the ground when rotations require it. I'm not sure he has the tank to run out matches just yet so is likely to cop the vest at some stage if he plays. 45 - 55 points is expected output in my opinion if upgraded.
Thankyou for your reply, and the time you spent on it.
Sinclair is a mate of Billings I found out! He is 80kg, so not a twig, he is also 20 so it all bodes well for him. If he has done a preseason with your SWAT fitness coach, as well as being fit, he can catch bank robbers!
Cool, more rookies to consider! :oops:

Thankyou for your reply, and the time you spent on it.
Sinclair is a mate of Billings I found out! He is 80kg, so not a twig, he is also 20 so it all bodes well for him. If he has done a preseason with your SWAT fitness coach, as well as being fit, he can catch bank robbers!
Cool, more rookies to consider! :oops:
The other factor is that he played four games for Port Melbourne last year - the Boroughs have a reputation for playing men, not boys, as part of being a standalone (lots of AFL affiliates, obviously, play kids, because their more senior players are playing in the AFL). If the Boroughs picked Sink for four games, he's an exception in their list management. Make of that what you will.

The other factor is that he played four games for Port Melbourne last year - the Boroughs have a reputation for playing men, not boys, as part of being a standalone (lots of AFL affiliates, obviously, play kids, because their more senior players are playing in the AFL). If the Boroughs picked Sink for four games, he's an exception in their list management. Make of that what you will.
Being 80kg ( probably added to that over the summer ) would physically give him the attributes Port Melb like. I don't suppose you know how he went there?

Cheers for your time.

Being 80kg ( probably added to that over the summer ) would physically give him the attributes Port Melb like. I don't suppose you know how he went there?

Cheers for your time.
I looked around for it last year, but finding those stats was really hard. I also think he was the 23rd man (given that he was a late TACer), and I don't know how that effects game time, etc. Sorry!:oops:

Riccardo11 , aren't you a Borough's fan? How'd he go?

I looked around for it last year, but finding those stats was really hard. I also think he was the 23rd man (given that he was a late TACer), and I don't know how that effects game time, etc. Sorry!:oops:

Riccardo11 , aren't you a Borough's fan? How'd he go?
Alright man, cool. Thanks again. Looks like I have outlasted my welcome.
Good luck Saints, hopefully you can turn the ship around soon.
Pax

"Lonie has played every game, McCartin has played every game and Jack Sinclair … his NAB Challenge form would show that he would acquit himself really well at AFL level," Sexton said.
"He (Sinclair) came on as the sub halfway through the first game and showed enough for us to select him in the third NAB Challenge match.
Sinclair could be one of three rookies elevated later this week after the Saints moved Arryn Siposs (shoulder), Seb Ross (hamstring) and Daniel Markworth (shoulder) onto the long-term injury list.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-03-30/young-saints-march-in

Congratulations Jack Sinclair on your elevation off the rookie list. The start of an illustrious career looks like it is set to begin this weekend.
Now to avoid that vest...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sinclair to debut on Sunday!

Sinclair was elevated to the senior list on Thursday afternoon after impressing in NAB 3 against Hawthorn.

“There is a bit of the Eli Templeton about Jack in regards to his rise off the rookie list and into the round one team,” Richardson said.

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2015-04-03/pair-of-jacks-to-debut

Jack Sinclair is SOOOOOOOOOOOO going to be a Saints favourite. Grandson of a Saint, mum used to go to Moorabbin, getting into the AFL the hard way, close buds with Billings... and dare I say it, a gold rookie pick who may well be elevated for Round 1.
Interested in his grandfather - who is it Perse?

Watching the game today, struck me that Sinclair runs like Mitchell. Pretty fast in a line but it's more agility that's the strength, strong as * legs.

Pretty similar debut to Billings as well: came on as sub, got involved, shanked a near point blank shot at goal. So I expect no less than 20 and 2 next time

Watching the game today, struck me that Sinclair runs like Mitchell. Pretty fast in a line but it's more agility that's the strength, strong as **** legs.

Pretty similar debut to Billings as well: came on as sub, got involved, shanked a near point blank shot at goal. So I expect no less than 20 and 2 next time
Looked really composed when he came on (obviously except the shank kick)

Bill Gleeson. 14 games, back in the 50s, I think?

A kid at my son's school is the grandson of Brian Gleeson brownlow medalist, captain... a knee injury ended his career in his early 20s.

Sinclair is a nice guy too, he said he was best buds with Billings growing up and they played footy cricket basketball etc. all through their childhood. Last year was the first year apart in about 10. He has some serious muscles too.

11082365_10152978285468183_4865242904527111718_o.jpg

10355630_10152978285483183_4316188563687354476_o.jpg

Jack gets his colours

Remove this Banner Ad

Back