Senior Jack Sinclair

Remove this Banner Ad

I know this isn't what you were asking but back in primary school he absolutely dominated the (obviously unrecorded) possession tally - in addition to everything else of course!
Regardless, he has good speed, natural fitness, and statistically anomalous strength for a 20 year old*. With a few more seasons under his belt I see no reason why he can't become a high possession player.
*Edit: Forgot to mention he's been following the game almost all of his life (a fact I can personally verify) and so has a good intuitive understanding of the game.

great post mate!!!!

Sinc had a pretty quite game today but he did some things that made me go "Holy s**t, this kid can really play". Of course I already knew that he could, but he just keeps doing things to highlight it.

Sinc had a pretty quite game today but he did some things that made me go "Holy s**t, this kid can really play". Of course I already knew that he could, but he just keeps doing things to highlight it.
First Saints goal.

+1.

You just knew he was going to kick that first goal for us today.

#class

Still on a goal every game. I thought he had an opportunity to have a snap early on but he tried to find a better option and came a little unstuck. I rate him as one of our better snap kicks and really would like to see him take responsibility for having a crack when he finds himself in the position to do so. Thought his tackling was much more effective today.

I can see him long term swapping roles with Weller. Not necessarily as a tagger, but Sinclair as the mid (with his better decision making and skills) and Weller as a forward with his toughness, pressure, and goal kicking.

...Anyway disposal ave is overrated IMO . It's how effective he is when he does get it

Agree with this, especially in his first season. I'd only be concerned if he had a poor average disposal, as opposed to a poor disposal average :cool:

I don't really.
Swan gets 30 possies but butchers 15 of them. Sinks gets 20 and 18 are great disposals. Has massive upside and as much as Swan is a great player Sinks may well be better than him.

Don't really see this either. If anything, our own Jacky Steven is the closest thing to Dane Swan playing in the AFL right now.

I have been wandering around in a gloomy, shell shocked state for the last four days after Jack failed to put one between the big sticks for the first time this year. :( I know that he only played a quarter. I know that he provided some spark in the last. I know that he took responsibility for having a crack (brief flickering smile) and had two shots on goal. But I can only put my mysterious malaise down to Shorthorns strayed set shots. I am now appealing directly to the selection panel...(hands clasped, head bowed, and on my knees) please give Sinclair a full game, and get him as close to goal as possible. If Jack goes goalless gainst Roos rabble, I will surely reach rock bottom.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My father and I flew up to Adelaide for my first Port home game of the year (and first Maggies game ever) and by coincidence ended up on both of the same flights as the St Kilda players. Ran into Sinclair while boarding the plane and had a very brief chat with him. Conversation with people you haven't spoken to in years is difficult enough but it's even harder when you lose the go to conversation starter of asking what they've been doing in the eight years since you last spoke ("You used to be a good sportsman, did that amount to anything? You're not playing in the AFL or anything like that are you?"), and harder still when he's an AFL player amongst his teammates compared to my just being a first year uni student. To be honest I wasn't even sure if he recognised me until I ran into him at Adelaide airport and he gave a thumbs up and nod in my direction. Word of advice: if you're ever on the same flight as the opposition players, don't wear your team guernsey at the airport when picking luggage, it's really embarrassing.
Regarding the game I thought he put in a really impressive performance. You guys had some major outs (a fact he acknowledged in our brief chat) and had a difficult game - not that I'd ever complain about the result of course! In spite of that, he amassed a season high 20 disposals, looking clean as ever with ball in hand, and was the one player with enough composure to kick a crucial goal during your period of inaccurate dominance in the second quarter.
It continues to amaze me that he slipped to the rookie draft. Think of the dozens of players whose entire future AFL careers he has already surpassed...

Great effort by Jack Sinclair today. If he wasn't respected by anybody within the club before today I think his performance against the ladder leaders will change that. Courageous all day. Showed a bit of silk and a bit of fight. He is going to be a special player for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another great goal by Jack Sinclair on the weekend. He booted the Saints first in the third quarter when we were all wondering where goals were going to come from, and sparked our second half resurgence. Jack has certainly become one of our most important goal sneaks. After 16 matches he is scoring at better than a goal a game and now has 17.7 for the season, which is five more than Lonie (12.17), Dunstan (12.7) and Weller (12.7). Only Barooose (43.19) and Rooey (25.11) have kicked more for the club this year.

His goal tally in 2015 puts him on an equal standing for the year with some of the great names of this modern era in Dane Swan and Brett Deledio. And when you compare him to other players who have played an equivalent (or greater) number of games than him, Shorthorns heads an impressive list of goal kickers in 2015, such as Jarryd Blair, Devon Smith, Josh Caddy, Tom Bell, Nat Fyfe, Dustin Martin, Dayne Zorko, Patrick Dangerfield, Elliot Yeo, Issac Smith, Brent Harvey, Luke Dalhaus, Dan Hanneberry, Scott Pendelebury, Lachie Neale, Marcus Bontempelli, Joel Selwood and others.

Jack continues to deliver hope to Saints fans in another tough year for the club, and is showing the potential to develop into one of the competitions leading players.

Another great goal by Jack Sinclair on the weekend. He booted the Saints first in the third quarter when we were all wondering where goals were going to come from, and sparked our second half resurgence. Jack has certainly become one of our most important goal sneaks. After 16 matches he is scoring at better than a goal a game and now has 17.7 for the season, which is five more than Lonie (12.17), Dunstan (12.7) and Weller (12.7). Only Barooose (43.19) and Rooey (25.11) have kicked more for the club this year.

His goal tally in 2015 puts him on an equal standing for the year with some of the great names of this modern era in Dane Swan and Brett Deledio. And when you compare him to other players who have played an equivalent (or greater) number of games than him, Shorthorns heads an impressive list of goal kickers in 2015, such as Jarryd Blair, Devon Smith, Josh Caddy, Tom Bell, Nat Fyfe, Dustin Martin, Dayne Zorko, Patrick Dangerfield, Elliot Yeo, Issac Smith, Brent Harvey, Luke Dalhaus, Dan Hanneberry, Scott Pendelebury, Lachie Neale, Marcus Bontempelli, Joel Selwood and others.

Jack continues to deliver hope to Saints fans in another tough year for the club, and is showing the potential to develop into one of the competitions leading players.
Pure class.

Might just be our best rookie selection since Milney.

#lovedasinc

I'm just remembering to that rookie draft, and when I first heard that we'd picked him up. I was in Perth Airport after flying back from Africa, and we were all, "Jack Sinclair?! Who?! Oh well, good luck to him!"

Now look at him! Could well play 20 games in his first year coming off the rookie list. Amazing.

I'm just remembering to that rookie draft, and when I first heard that we'd picked him up. I was in Perth Airport after flying back from Africa, and we were all, "Jack Sinclair?! Who?! Oh well, good luck to him!"

Now look at him! Could well play 20 games in his first year coming off the rookie list. Amazing.
I remember when I seen us pick him wondering "who the * is that?"

I remember when I seen us pick him wondering "who the **** is that?"
Kind of a quintessential example of what the Rookie list is really meant to be. Notwithstanding it being used for people like Mav, or Schneids, it was originally used for the "Whathe?!" players, the long shots, the "under the radars". It's actually one of the reasons that, unlike Wallet, I actually like the Rookie list. It's a place left for romance in footy, the Cindarella story. Temps, Milney before him, now Sincs. I think the Rookie list often pulls up people will tremendous stories in footy.

It's amazing to look at how many players we have on our list who have been on the Rookie list at one point: Simpkin, Gears, Eli, Curren, Shenton, Minch, Weller, Sincs, Schneids - 9 players... heck, let's chuck Holmes in there as well. 10 players - nearly a quarter of our list. And a lot of them have pretty amazing stories of how they got there, and how they got out of there. Jones and Milney are similar stories.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back