Senior Jack Sinclair

Remove this Banner Ad

125966_f6a5c462fa161092d0fb629039b9988d_thumb.jpg

Not bad for a rookie!

Attachments

• Sinclair.png
    Sinclair.png
    8.6 KB · Views: 57

Even better, he's 251:1 at Sportsbet. For the guy ranked by the AFL as the third best first year player those are confusingly high odds.
so it looks like I'm taking sinclair on b365 and sports bet :p

Another impressive game from 'Drake' Sinclair. Another two (important) goals to his name totalling seven for the year. Not bad considering he has started in the Kermit suit twice. Six games in he is currently equal 2nd overall (with Billings) on the club goal kicking leaderboard. If you combine goals and goal assists he is a clear second.

A real strength of Jack's is his decision making, and his ability to dispose to the advantage of his team mates. Some players you can't spread too fast on...otherwise you increase the level of difficulty of the disposal required to hit you up, so you effectively have to slow to ensure you can receive the ball. With Jack you can run hard and know he will find you. He is the sort of player who selflessly brings others into the game if they are working hard on the spread...and every team needs a few of those to be effective.

Jack is super consistent and that is part of his appeal to the coaching panel. His performances are a reflection of all the preparation that has gone into getting himself to a standard, and he can be relied upon to play at that standard every time he runs on the park. On the weekend I thought he showed glimpses of the next level...and that is really exciting. I hope before the end of this year AR allows him to develop into an 18 possesion, 4 tackle, 4 clearance, 3 goal/goal assist player by giving him more time around the contest. In 5 years time I can see Sinclair being a consistent 20-25 possession ball magnet.

Also. on the weekend I was really impressed with his aggression in the tackle. If he can continue to show some real fight when he does find himself on the 'inside' it will go a long way to cementing his place in the best 18.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Birdman, I'm no expert in the boys playing history, nor do I have any inside information, but I feel obliged to answer because of my advocacy role. I think he is being played as an outside midfielder based on the current setup at bounce ups. He does operate well in congested areas, has good spatial awareness and evasive skills, but the heavy lifting groundwork is being left to the Dunstans. Armitages and Wellers. His decision making and disposal is a strength and I think we should all get excited if Sinclair gets more touches as I think it will translate into fewer turnovers.

Jack looks very solid through his legs and calves (hence the nickname Shorthorns) but he is also strong in the core which IMO allows him to play marginally taller than he looks at first glance. He absorbs a knock well, has a good turn of speed and it looks like he has a good engine as well. An intelligent kid with a good football IQ, and his family history is interwoven with the Saints. A lot to like about the young man.

Last edited:
Sinclair returns to senior list
Luke Holmesby - @LukeHolmesby
21 May 2015 2:55 PM

JACK Sinclair will stay on St Kilda’s senior list after the AFL reviewed its interpretation to the rule around players returning from long-term injuries.

Sinclair was set to return to the rookie list after Seb Ross’ reinstatement to the senior list from the long-term injury list.

Sinclair was one of three rookies elevated in April, along with Adam Schneider and Ahmed Saad after Daniel Markworth, Arryn Siposs and Ross were all placed on the long-term injury list.

Sinclair was named as the direct replacement for Ross, Saad replaced Markworth and Schneider had replaced Siposs.

With Ross returning from a hamstring injury to play at VFL level this weekend, the club had been told Sinclair was the only player who could be relegated, despite becoming a mainstay in the St Kilda team since his round one debut.

But following ongoing discussions between the club and the AFL, Saad will now be the player to return to the rookie list, allowing Sinclair to continue to play in the senior team for the time being.

Sinclair has played all seven games this year for a total of seven goals, making him the second-highest goal scorer for the Saints this year.

Congrats to my boy Jack "Jeff" Sinclair. Not many rookies are given a contract halfway through their first season.

This kid is going to be a ripper. Will go down (IMO) as one of the best St Kilda players to come off a rookie list (along with Milney)!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back