Jack Watts or Jimmy Toumpas

Remove this Banner Ad

Libba21

Team Captain
Suspended
Feb 16, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
What would it take for melbourne to hand them over? Big fans of them both and think they will be guns so I know it would cost abit. Move post if it's not in the right place.

Bontempelli and you can have both of them.

Straight swap Bont for Toumpas. Both #4 draft picks except Toumpas is a year older so a bit more developed and more likely to have an impact straight away. I think we could afford to take on a project player like Bont, but we'd be doing the Dogs a bit of a favour.

Is Will Minson still on the table?

Straight swap Bont for Toumpas. Both #4 draft picks except Toumpas is a year older so a bit more developed and more likely to have an impact straight away. I think we could afford to take on a project player like Bont, but we'd be doing the Dogs a bit of a favour.

I only recently forgot about that proposal.

My God.

surely you're kidding?

It's in the right place but not in the right time zone. Lets wait til September/October. But I'll answer anyway.

Watts is so close to being a good player, just needs to get stuck in. But it's this year or never and I'd get rid of him for a pack of chips if he doesn't put it together.

Toumpas has still got heaps of development but I'd take a 2nd round pick or a solid player for him any day. Too slow and makes poor decisions.

Why would he joke about something this serious?

Exactly, I never joke about hypothetical trades being negotiated between fans of clubs. There's too much at stake.

If Watts changes clubs and becomes a star I will actually strangle whoever traded him. Just not worth it. We've put so much into him (largely emotionally), and he's suffered so much for us.

If Watts changes clubs and becomes a star I will actually strangle whoever traded him. Just not worth it. We've put so much into him (largely emotionally), and he's suffered so much for us.
So it's worth keeping him and letting his struggles toy with our emotions than to try and get something than can push the club forward?

So it's worth keeping him and letting his struggles toy with our emotions than to try and get something than can push the club forward?
Unless he shows something we're not going to get anything near his value for him. And I'm not valuing him as a potential superstar, I'm valuing as our best distributor of the football, and one of few players who can make good decisions under pressure. Can't win a hard ball, sure, and his contested marking is often embarrassing, but he's worth more to us than he us to other teams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unless he shows something we're not going to get anything near his value for him. And I'm not valuing him as a potential superstar, I'm valuing as our best distributor of the football, and one of few players who can make good decisions under pressure. Can't win a hard ball, sure, and his contested marking is often embarrassing, but he's worth more to us than he us to other teams.
+1- Watts is one of our only players who can kick the ******* thing. He may not live up to the number 1 thing, but I think he still plays one of our most important roles.

Sorry to intrude. Just wanted to say that I think Jack Watts is in for a big year. Now that he has coaches that know how to develop and who will give him confidence, he should take that next step. Looked very good in the last NAB cup games and you can sense hes going to finally feel comfortable at AFL level and put it all together.

Im expecting 35-40 goals from him this season for the Dees.

Cheers.

I can't see it getting done without Geelong being involved. As far as I can see they still hold all the cards

I can't see it getting done without Geelong being involved. As far as I can see they still hold all the cards

I love a good three way trade, the odds of getting a deal done go right up the more clubs you get involved. How about this?

Dogs and Dees trade Bont and Toumpas, we send Jordie McKenzie to Geelong, the Dogs part with Jarrad Grant and we split Mitch Clark up the middle.

Watts is a good player. Only nuffy opposition supporters still rag on him for being s**t. Fact is, he just isn't anymore. He is a good player and people need to forget about him being the No.1 pick.
He's an average player. And that's not a bad thing. It just means that on the balance of his strengths and weaknesses, he's just a solid contributor.

Watts is a good player. Only nuffy opposition supporters still rag on him for being s**t. Fact is, he just isn't anymore. He is a good player and people need to forget about him being the No.1 pick.

On his day, he is a good player. His output over a season has him as an average player till he can string good games together.

Can't see the club putting Watts on the trade table - it would take someone to come in with a good offer.

Toumpas is concerning them a little, although there is still a year or 2 for him to turn it around.

Cool mate add in Jesse Hogan and you have a deal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back