Votes: 73 61.9%

• Total voters

Shinboner '07

Norm Smith Medallist
May 13, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Rockliff. He is ahead comfortably at the moment.

His 2011 and 2013 seasons are better than anything Ziebell has put together. North supporters can make excuses for Ziebell all they want, but it's time for him to start producing on a consistent basis.

Rockliff didnt suffer 2 broken legs

Ziebull will be better over their careers.

Rockliff didnt suffer 2 broken legs

Ziebull will be better over their careers.

How can you definitively say that?

Oh i forgot north supporters can see into the future :oops:

As for the poll, Rockliff all day, every day for me

MaddAdam

Cancelled
10k Posts Bay 13: Vintage Bay Podcaster North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
In the not so distant future
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Rockliff. He is ahead comfortably at the moment.

His 2011 and 2013 seasons are better than anything Ziebell has put together. North supporters can make excuses for Ziebell all they want, but it's time for him to start producing on a consistent basis.

Two broken legs for example. I'd rate them even on output now, JZ having a higher ceiling. Will be very interesting to see how the new slimline JZ goes with the interchange caps.

Jun 12, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Two broken legs for example. I'd rate them even on output now, JZ having a higher ceiling. Will be very interesting to see how the new slimline JZ goes with the interchange caps.
Yeah, the broken legs...

He's had 3 years of uninterrupted footy (well, except for all those suspensions) and hasn't produced anywhere near what Rockliff has. Rockliff is ahead on output easily. Maybe Ziebell will become the better player... maybe.

Saintly31

Cancelled
Apr 2, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Strange poll in some ways.

Clearly Rockliff has done far more so far, but then Ziebell has reasons why he started slowly. So answer is Rockliff clearly (to now).

But, they are very different players. I think Ziebell may become the superior player in coming seasons due to his higher impact but less possies, but I may be biased. Both talented with different abilities.

Nov 11, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Rockliff for mine. Both will be good players for their respective clubs. Rockliff really improved his clearance and tackling work this year, when he was actually played in the guts that is. I'm not saying Ziebull hasn't improved, because he has. He has been unlucky with the injuries he has picked up though.

But Rockliff has him covered by a fair way.

Engimal

Cancelled
10k Posts North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor Pantskyle Minecraft Shiny Penny Ruby
Apr 27, 2010
Tasmania
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Rockliff now. Ziebell's had too many setbacks to get to Rockliff's level at the moment and Rockliff is in my top 5 favourite non-North players, though that's largely DreamTeam related. ;)

I must say (perhaps with a bias), that Ziebell will end up the better player.

HighettBomber

All Australian
Jul 18, 2007
Highett
AFL Club
Essendon
I'd be interested to know how you reached the conclusion that their outputs have been even to date. Rockliff Has massively better stats and it's not like he stands on the wing and receives, he gets his own ball. Ziebell has a lot of potential but at the moment that's all he's got, he's a pretty average midfielder at this stage.

Roobound

Club Legend
North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Aug 16, 2009
melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'd be interested to know how you reached the conclusion that their outputs have been even to date. Rockliff Has massively better stats and it's not like he stands on the wing and receives, he gets his own ball. Ziebell has a lot of potential but at the moment that's all he's got, he's a pretty average midfielder at this stage.

Up until the last sentence your opinion was valid. The only way that would be corrected is if you change the name from Ziebell to Zaharakis.

Ziebells value to North will eventually be what Watsons is to Essendon in my opinion. He will go down as a club great. He is not at the output of Rockliff that's a given, but l think he will be a top 50 player in the league in the next year or two now that he is more aerobically capable.

HighettBomber

All Australian
Jul 18, 2007
Highett
AFL Club
Essendon
I don
Up until the last sentence your opinion was valid. The only way that would be corrected is if you change the name from Ziebell to Zaharakis.

Ziebells value to North will eventually be what Watsons is to Essendon in my opinion. He will go down as a club great. He is not at the output of Rockliff that's a given, but l think he will be a top 50 player in the league in the next year or two now that he is more aerobically capable.
i don't know what relevance Zaharakis has to a poll between Ziebell and Rockliff, but as you bring him up it is pretty clear his output has been greater than Ziebell and I don't see why anybody would think he doesn't have as much or more upside as well.

Roobound

Club Legend
Aug 16, 2009
melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I don
i don't know what relevance Zaharakis has to a poll between Ziebell and Rockliff, but as you bring him up it is pretty clear his output has been greater than Ziebell and I don't see why anybody would think he doesn't have as much or more upside as well.

Just pointing out the definition of an ordinary midfielder that is the relevance.
It must be said if you only travel hard one way, the chances are you will collect a bit more ball when the ball comes back.

Roobound

Club Legend
Aug 16, 2009
melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Your original comment was, but we all see things differently.

Back