Delisted Jackson Paine (2014-2016)

Remove this Banner Ad

Reserves Wrap - Ainslie - 25/04/2015 (Shane Woewodin's comments)

First game back and again injured. He was outstanding in his two and a half quarters as a key back. Played on a guy who kicked 14 goals last week and kept him scoreless, unfortunately with an ankle injury he may miss a few weeks with that. He showed some really good form and probably would have been pressing for senior selection if not having been injured with his display as a defender.

That's a tough one for Jacko.

That said, I don't think it's a given that he gets delisted. He seems to have made a decent fist of his run in defense. His physical maturity and willingness to work hard (noting his improved running) are things that we aren't over endowed with. If he was willing to stick around, he might be useful and relatively inexpensive KPP depth.

I'm gonna be seriously pissed if the Paine Train gets delisted. Deserves another year to get a chance to prove himself and at the very least will be handy depth. Also seems like a good guy to have around the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I forgot he was still on the list. I wont lose sleep if he gets chopped

I won't either, but pre season form was very, very impressive. I am happy either way, but don't think it is a bad idea given our retirements.

I'm gonna be seriously pissed if the Paine Train gets delisted. Deserves another year to get a chance to prove himself and at the very least will be handy depth. Also seems like a good guy to have around the team.

Has to be gone, just hasn't played enough games in the Seniors. He is behind everyone younger than him.

Has to be gone, just hasn't played enough games in the Seniors. He is behind everyone younger than him.

He's 22. 1 year older than Freeman and Close. We have 3 other key forwards left on our senior list. None of them proven. It's worth giving him a 5th season.

He's 22. 1 year older than Freeman and Close. We have 3 other key forwards left on our senior list. None of them proven. It's worth giving him a 5th season.
It does make me think that we are very confident of picking up some more promising KPF depth in the trade and draft period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It does make me think that we are very confident of picking up some more promising KPF depth in the trade and draft period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Either that or we plan to get quite a few games into Hipwood and possibly Schache.

Player Reviews: Part Eight

Jackson Paine had a run of bad luck with injury in 2015 – playing early in the season in the NEAFL after recovering from a shoulder injury, only to suffer an ankle injury mid-season while pushing for senior selection. Paine had surgery in May that left him out for the remainder of the year, and will be looking to make a big impression in 2016.

whats he shown that everyone seems to be so keen on him? didnt look to have great skills or speed or anything in the games he played last year

Apparently did pretty well in the reserves prior to his injury. Didn't witness them myself so can't give you an authoritative comment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back