Status
Not open for further replies.

ablett

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2006
Tasmania
AFL Club
Fremantle
Okay I'm getting in early here but I spoke to a Club recruiter recently whom informed me that Hodge & Mitchell really struggle to get up for each game & they will retire at the end of this year which will leave room in the Hawks salary cap to make a huge play O'Meara.
obviously allot of water has to go under the bridge for this to happen but I'f so you heard it here first!

This is a big problem with the AFL if the most powerful club of the last 3 years can just swoop in and take a rising gun from a small club. It is really not good for equalisation.

Equalistion...

Says the Swans supporter!

Funny stuff!!!

This is a big problem with the AFL if the most powerful club of the last 3 years can just swoop in and take a rising gun from a small club. It is really not good for equalisation.
As Titus once said - equalisation is about making sure Geelong and Hawthorn are equal. That's it. That's equalisation.

Equalization is for 18 clubs.

Okay I'm getting in early here but I spoke to a Club recruiter recently whom informed me that Hodge & Mitchell really struggle to get up for each game & they will retire at the end of this year which will leave room in the Hawks salary cap to make a huge play O'Meara.
obviously allot of water has to go under the bridge for this to happen but I'f so you heard it here first!

Hawks will need a third party to get involved to get this one over the line. What they'll have at the trade table won't nearly be enough to satisfy Gold Coast.

People forget players like Wines and O'Meara aren't free agents, they will have to give something good up to get these players. Hawthorn no doubt will have the cap room and the drawcard of being the most successful side in the competition, but they would have to give up a lot more than just a 1st round pick.

Heard he's keen on investing in properties and a saints board member has made him a sweet offer.

Would expect the Saints to be looking to throw around the $$$, they'll have a lot of cap room opening up over the next couple of years. We are sort of in the same boat but I'd much rather us tie Hogan down to a long term deal before we go after external targets.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I suppose once the Hawks have lured two million dollar players to the club they can just stop them from taking part in the draft - only once they've signed them though

I don't really care if the Hawks can pull these sorts of players. If you win three flags in a row and have a good, fun, hard-working, working-class image like Hawthorn Football Club have, why wouldn't Gunston and Frawley and O'Meara want to sign up?

It's a bit different to Sydney having an unfair advantage and being able to lure players on purely financial terms (only Buddy really half came over for the anonymity).

Win a few flags off the back of a few lean years, great recruiting, and smart coaches, and you deserve to be able to land hyped up talent (probably) on the cheap. Half yer luck.

Mitchell and Burgoyne more likely to retire, JOM would be great if he can get his knees right. I get the feeling Hawks, Saints, and Demons right in the mix. If the knee is no good these clubs will focus on Wines & Prestia.

Interesting Hawks resisted trading out 2 1st rounders in 2015 after lobbying so hard for it.

I really hope it's true. It would be so awful if the hawks stopped winning the premiership every year.

As Sydney have found out and hawthorn have known for years - one man does not make a team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back