Rumour Jaeger O'Meara to Hawks 2017.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what JOM you have been watching but he can tear a game open off his own boot!
Sure he has had & has knee issues but with a full season to focus on football he can be managed according.
We have taken on guys with injuries & managed injuries & somewhat fixed injuries (Burgoyne, his "shot" knees & Cyril's hammy issues *touch wood* & Burton should be no different I wouldn't have thought).
I have said this in another thread but if JOM only gets back to 90% he will still be 15% better than the guy next to him.
At worst it will be his longevity that will come up short... (See Burgoyne) ;)
Fair enough. Just worries me when a guy has that sort of injury. Degenerative joints. But yes could be fine and ya right he is a gun and could be better at 80% than a 100% miles or cotchin.
Ive actually heard that the saints are right the mix to get JOM. So heres hoping he is ok. Knowing saints luck we'll sel the farm to get him and he'll play 10 games. If hawks get him he'll be a 250 gamer for em winning brownlows and flags. :(

As much as I would like him at Hawthorn, I think that if he's recovered properly from his knee injury, blitz's it this year and the Suns have a good season, he could very well stay there. And even if that doesn't happen, what if Mitchell and Hodge decide not to retire?

As much as I would like him at Hawthorn, I think that if he's recovered properly from his knee injury, blitz's it this year and the Suns have a good season, he could very well stay there. And even if that doesn't happen, what if Mitchell and Hodge decide not to retire?
Odds on at least one of Burgoyne, Hodge and Mitchell, Gibson will retire at the end of this year.
Burgoyne's possibly the favourite at this stage.

The club have said that they'd aim to retire 2 of the older guys each year over 3 years. Hale and Lake being the first.

Mitchell looks like he might have the most footy left out of that crew.

If the pies managed to get O'Meara there midfield would as good as any midfield ever with penlebury Swan sidebottom treloar Adams De goey crisp Aish greenwood broomhead with Grundy and Witt's rucking to them so if it happened look out here comes the pies
Won't happen. At this stage we don't have a first round pick because of the Treloar trade and I don't think we have the package of players that GC would want and that we can afford to lose.

Odds on at least one of Burgoyne, Hodge and Mitchell, Gibson will retire at the end of this year.
Burgoyne's possibly the favourite at this stage.

The club have said that they'd aim to retire 2 of the older guys each year over 3 years. Hale and Lake being the first.

Mitchell looks like he might have the most footy left out of that crew.
He'd be the one that's not going to be overrun by aging. It's not like Mitchell is going to lose a yard of pace.

He'd be the one that's not going to be overrun by aging. It's not like Mitchell is going to lose a yard of pace.
Yeah, he's the least athletic of the lot.

burgoyne is the only one from that crew that has hinted at 2016 been his last. Not sure who the second player will be but one of Gibbo, Hodgey or Sammy are on their last legs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone will have to give up pick 1 to get O'Meara or lose at least two very good players. He is the heir apparent to Ablett who will be gone altogether by the end of 2016 or 17. Gold Coast will want nothing less than pick 1 in return.....if they accept less they are insane!

Someone will have to give up pick 1 to get O'Meara or lose at least two very good players. He is the heir apparent to Ablett who will be gone altogether by the end of 2016 or 17. Gold Coast will want nothing less than pick 1 in return.....if they accept less they are insane!
Don't see Ablett retiring in the next 2 years unless the shoulder is rooted. He might leave the midfield for a role in the forward line but he still has plenty of years ahead imo.

Don't see Ablett retiring in the next 2 years unless the shoulder is rooted. He might leave the midfield for a role in the forward line but he still has plenty of years ahead imo.
He turns 32 this year, i reckon 2017 sees him out. Who will have pick 1 at the end of the year? Blues or Bombers?

He turns 32 this year, i reckon 2017 sees him out. Who will have pick 1 at the end of the year? Blues or Bombers?
Just that good though that even if he drops off he'll still be able to go forward and be one of the most dangerous small forwards in the game.

Bombers easy.

Would be great if it happened but as others have said, the knee is a worry. As for Mitchell and Hodge retiring at years end, they've both come off arguably their best seasons in years. Injury aside, I reckon' they can go on for another season or two. We need a ready made player though to come in and transition, O'Meara fits the bill. We'd have to give up a young gun or two though... but who???

Reckon Burgoyne is the next to go from the vets.....then the next will be from Hodge, Mitch and Gibbo.

Reckon Burgoyne is the next to go from the vets.....then the next will be from Hodge, Mitch and Gibbo.
Problem is, none of those 4 really look to be slowing down much. It'd be a hard call to tap one, let alone two, on the shoulder and tell them to walk at the end of this season!

(Hawthorn problems, I know!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back