Toast Jaensch

Remove this Banner Ad

If he is on our list and he is fit - he will play AFL from now. I don't believe you sign someone 25 and above and them have them purely as depth. He will play AFL and as a club, we won't be better for it.

I really can not see the club culture changing anytime soon as a new coach (FF to 2016) will just continue to follow the same trends.

Ayers, Craig and now Sanderson have done the same thing.
I think you are under calling Jaensch's form this year. He's been very solid offensively and defensively and with his form this year he would be best 22 is any side. The contract is fine. If he drops form and we dont drop him then there's a problem.

I do get the point about it being a consistant flaw of the AFC to play out of form, older players for too long.

Pleased for Jaensch. Was looking like a lost talent.

Pleasingly he's tightened up the defensive side of his game. Milburn having an impact. Still not a strength but compared to last season he's miles ahead.

I do wonder though whether this means we're pretty much out of trade week? Pretty much any player with even medium-level currency has been re-signed.

If he is on our list and he is fit - he will play AFL from now. I don't believe you sign someone 25 and above and them have them purely as depth. He will play AFL and as a club, we won't be better for it.

I really can not see the club culture changing anytime soon as a new coach (FF to 2016) will just continue to follow the same trends.

Ayers, Craig and now Sanderson have done the same thing.
24 isn't he?

Culture is your main beef. He's still a good player to have imo.

How does Mackay get 4 years and Jaensch gets 2 when Jaensch has been better this year?

beg to differ. Not good enough to be on a top 4 list.

So you are telling me that every player on the Freo, Geelong, Hawthorn and Sydney list is better than Jaensch?

That's a big call........ Hang on, no it's not, it's just plain wrong. Did you lose a bet about who would be delisted and are still sore about it?

Matty J has improved significantly in particular his defensive game

His new contract is well deserved

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you are telling me that every player on the Freo, Geelong, Hawthorn and Sydney list is better than Jaensch?

That's a big call........ Hang on, no it's not, it's just plain wrong. Did you lose a bet about who would be delisted and are still sore about it?

No, not every player. You can not judge a key forwards and key defenders against a half back flanker.

It's like saying a Porsche is better than a Fararri or a BMW.

I don't think Jaensch would be playing this weekend if he was on the Swans, Hawks, Cats or Dockers list.

No, not every player. You can not just key forwards and key defenders against a half back flanker.

It's like saying a Porsche is better than a Fararri or a BMW.

I don't think Jaensch would be playing this weekend if he was on the Swans, Hawks, Cats or Dockers list.

You said he wasn't good enough for a top 4 teams list.

You are wrong. Now you are back pedaling.

If Jeansch can make it then there is hope for any underperforming underachieving talented but frustrated fringe player.
Every list has them and the Crows have always had their fair share but with the resigning of Jeansch the turn around is obvious and pretty spectacular considering how far back he was in his football developement. Kudos and keep up the good work.

Has been superb this season. One of our best players.

Seems like bizarro world when you've got toast threads for Matt Jaensch and Brodie Martin going around. Something about that doesn't sit right with me. :confused:

Probably a lot more to do with a lack of draft picks for the last two years than a guy who has been rebounding well off half back.

Yeah, that must be it. Next year when we get some new recruits will see the success come back. Even if they won't play AFL for 6 years

Yeah, that must be it. Next year when we get some new recruits will see the success come back. Even if they won't play AFL for 6 years
Players like Jack Macrae, Jake Stringer, Joe Daniher*, Tim Broomhead, Ollie Wines, Nick Vlastuin and Marco Paparone have all played awful football for their clubs since being drafted in 2012. :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back