Toast Jaensch

Remove this Banner Ad

We need to add more to that list. That's how much trouble we are in.

We can't replace more than about 6 players and have it meaningful.

Hypothetical changes with arbitrary trade values...

Lyons traded either nets 1 usable pick or upgrades 2 picks...... need to get another pick really. That's if we trade him. But it's most likely one in one out situation.

Pets. ... 3rd rounder maybe.... 1 out 1 in IF lucky. If delisted could elevate Kelly?

Graham
Smack
Shaw
LJ
LT

1 FA 3 picks from the ND and 2 from the rookie.

If we get lucky and trade Pets for a 3rd rounder we can delist 1 more.... doubt it.

Most recent example the Port board was calling for Mason Shaw as an in a few weeks back to help their forward line. Hinkley has said he's not ready and that he is not playing him until he is.

Why did you cite an example that doesn't have any validation or evidence associated with it?

There is no evidence in your example that the port board was wrong or that Hinkley was right, so lord knows why you referred to it to support your point

Alex I don't understand how we make as many list changes as you seem to be hinting at. Can you please elaborate?
This is the problem. Alex isn't entirely on the wrong track, but he doesn't think his ideas through far enough to consider the implications. It's all very well to say that we should be dumping Jaensch - but to get to him we have to delist about 15 other players first. At no point has Alex ever stopped to consider the implications of doing this, or where the replacements are to come from.

This is the problem. Alex isn't entirely on the wrong track, but he doesn't think his ideas through far enough to consider the implications. It's all very well to say that we should be dumping Jaensch - but to get to him we have to delist about 15 other players first. At no point has Alex ever stopped to consider the implications of doing this, or where the replacements are to come from.
Maybe he ranks the group differently.
Very keen to see how it works in his view of the situation.

I think it would be worth looking at the lists of other clubs.

I know you will find several players on each list that have played less than 50 games in 4 - 5 - 6 years on that list.

To say that we are the only team carrying run of the mill players, or hanging on to players that may never make it is just plain wrong.

It is impossible under the salary cap for any club to not have these types, it's a matter of trying to get the best out of them, then letting them go if they can't get there.

Have a look at any list, successful or not, and you will find it's True.

Our situation is perhaps a little worse because of the sanctions.

Jaensch more than deserves his contract.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alex I don't understand how we make as many list changes as you seem to be hinting at. Can you please elaborate?

Before any stupid contracts were given, I would have done this.

Trade, delist and forced retirement should be in the cards.

I hope we don't just take the easy option by trading (or delisting) Lyons and then delisting LJ, SMACK, Graham, Shaw, Siggins, and having Porplizia and Rutten retire. The majority of that list has played reserves thus year and have not impacted on the losses we have had.

The players who have played AFL and not lived up to expectations should be in some trouble and trading them or delisting a number of theses will help rejuvenate the playing list that has not delivered this year. We need to open up a number of spots for the younger guys to fight for and the new draftees coming into the playing squad.

We should try and trade Matthew Wright, Andy Otten, Matthew Jeansch, jarred Petrenko, and Jarrod Lyons for draft picks or players we need.

I would make as many as 14 list changes.

1) Jake Kelly (upgraded) for Brent Riley
2) Charlie Cameron (upgraded) for Jarad Petrenko (trade - 3round pick)
3) James Battersby (upgraded) for Jarrod Lyons (trade - 3rd round pick)
4) James Podsiadly (delist) and replace him with a KPP (our first round pick - 7th to 11th)
5) Shaun McKernan (delist) and replace with a key defender (second round draft pick we could get for trading Andy Otten)
6) Angus Graham (delist) and draft a ruckman
7) Brodie Martin (delist) and draft a speedy wingman with a second round pick that we could hopefully get with an Andy Otten trade. Hopefully we can get a pick between 25 and 35 for Andy Otten.
8) Matthew Wright (trade) for a 3rd round pick
9) Ben Rutten (retire)
10) Jason Porplizia (retire)
11) Matthew Jeansch (trade or delist)

On to the list
Jake Kelly
Charlie Cameron
James Battersby
First round pick (ours)
Second round pick (ours)
Third round pick (ours)
Third round pick (Jarrod Lyons trade 45 to 60 range)
A ruckman

Off the list
Jarrod Lyons
Jarrod Petrenko
Brodie Martin
Ben Rutten
Matthew Jaensch
Brent Riley
James Podsiadly
Shaun McKernan
Matthew Wright.

9 players off and 9 players on.
3 rookie upgrades
3 picks of our own
3 picks via trade (Wright, Lyons and Petrenko)
1 PSD selection.

Without quibbling too much your list is missing Shaw and LJ who offer much less as depth players as some on your list.

Pods was given 2 years with a view to a coaching gig. Yep... let's pi55 him right off by delisting him....

I'm all for cleaning out the list and don't get me wrong, but if you keep people that offer the team less than the ones you delist you go further backwards than required, especially when injuries hit.

I think Kelly *might* get an upgrade. Not so sure of Battersby, might be a waste of a main list spot.

I'd like to think we can trade Petrenko, but I fear he'll be delisted and rookied by someone. Thereby not gaining a pick to replace him with.

Most of those listed well and truely need de-listing. But don't leave actual dead wood behind.

I think *if* we upgrade Kelly, we'll use Otten's LTI to upgrade one of the other rookies as required next year.

So you want to delist LJ and Shaw (and I assume smack) and add Otten who will miss 90% of season 2015.

So you lose 3 Key Position players in one swoop.

Yeah, ok :(

So you want to delist LJ and Shaw (and I assume smack) and add Otten who will miss 90% of season 2015.

I'd happily get rid of Shaw. The only reason he ever gets a game is he spends so long on the injury list people forget how s**t he is.

Lj & Shaw are not going to make it so may as well cut them both.

Go after goldsack &/or other defenders.

Lt probably gets a reprieve given Otten's injury.

Lj & Shaw are not going to make it so may as well cut them both.

Go after goldsack &/or other defenders.

Lt probably gets a reprieve given Otten's injury.

Gee, that sounds very familiar to this.

Are you admitting to simply reacting to current form?

Gee, that sounds very familiar to this.

Are you admitting to simply reacting to current form?
No, based on watching whole careers.

Shaw - can't kick as well as being injured much of the time. Pity as apart from crap kicking he goes ok.

Lj - too small as a kpp & not enough tricks for a flanker. Doesn't want in badly enough.

No, based on watching whole careers.

Shaw - can't kick as well as being injured much of the time. Pity as apart from crap kicking he goes ok.

Lj - too small as a kpp & not enough tricks for a flanker. Doesn't want in badly enough.

As I said - very familiar.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back