Jake Carlisle

Remove this Banner Ad

Majak Daw kicked 6 against the Dogs, while looking just as clueless as Carlisle against any other team. And with him we don't even have to worry about 2 year bans :D DAW2HAWKS2015!!!! Who's with me???

Who'd he play on, Jordan Roughead? :rolleyes:
Yes actually

Majak Daw kicked 6 against the Dogs, while looking just as clueless as Carlisle against any other team. And with him we don't even have to worry about 2 year bans :D DAW2HAWKS2015!!!! Who's with me???

Yes actually
I haven't seen an update in the last couple of weeks, but isn't a 2-yr sporting ban kinda the least of Daw's worries right now?

The previous Carlisle thread....most supporters thought he was an ordinary player, goes to show how foggy our brown and gold glasses currently are.
Other than his "maybe" impending ban...he would slot into our side without a shadow of doubt and is superior to Shoey in almost all facets as a KP player.

The previous Carlisle thread....most supporters thought he was an ordinary player, goes to show how foggy our brown and gold glasses currently are.
Other than his "maybe" impending ban...he would slot into our side without a shadow of doubt and is superior to Shoey in almost all facets as a KP player.
I'm not so sure he does. Runs in straight lines only forward or back which is why he struggled on Buddy. He is very poor forward - Shoey show much more in a handful of games.

I'm not so sure he does. Runs in straight lines only forward or back which is why he struggled on Buddy. He is very poor forward - Shoey show much more in a handful of games.

You have got be kidding me.....Buddy makes a mockery of most defenders, last year he played far too loosely on Buddy .

Really watching yesterday and the weeks before I saw some great movement. He reads the play a hell of a lot better and most of all he's a contested pack marking forward/backman.

Close the thread, his asking price has gone from 450k to 700k overnight. Pass.

Give me Longer and Carlisle please.....Bookmark this and we will review the Longer quote as well if required. (will be a star)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just because he plays for Essendon, doesn't mean we can't give credit when its due. And for Carlisle it is definitely due.

He is a quality player ( I think better defender than forward, but whatever...)

Has a great pair of hands, I don't care who he is playing against, when a player can clunk marks all day like he does, you know he has something good about him.

Would fit into our defense nicely when Lake has had enough

You have got be kidding me.....Buddy makes a mockery of most defenders, last year he played far too loosely on Buddy .

Really watching yesterday and the weeks before I saw some great movement. He reads the play a hell of a lot better and most of all he's a contested pack marking forward/backman.
If he is so great why isn't he playing as a defender? He really hasn't done much of anything as a forward.

We'll see how Carlisle goes when he's got a decent defender on him. I'll reserve judgement on him until then.

Some of those efforts from the Bulldogs yesterday were horrendous, and the week before he had such household names to compete with as Langdon and Frost.

He's taken apart two pitiful defenses.

Now...Robbo is saying he's the best player in the game currently.

LOL

We'll see how Carlisle goes when he's got a decent defender on him. I'll reserve judgement on him until then.

Some of those efforts from the Bulldogs yesterday were horrendous, and the week before he had such household names to compete with as Langdon and Frost.

He's taken apart two pitiful defenses.

Now...Robbo is saying he's the best player in the game currently.

LOL
The Bulldogs concede a lot of goals to key forwards every week. Form against them is worthless.

Carlisle would be useless playing for Hawthorn. He's a stick and our midfield continually bomb the ball long and deep because the KPF's aren't allowed to lead past the 30m mark thus requiring them to be pack markers. He's not built for that.

If he is so great why isn't he playing as a defender? He really hasn't done much of anything as a forward.
Have you seen there forward line.....that's why. He's there best forward and best backman.
He's had a very good 3 week period...going into a position that's foreign to him, massive learning period for him.

Carlisle would be useless playing for Hawthorn. He's a stick and our midfield continually bomb the ball long and deep because the KPF's aren't allowed to lead past the 30m mark thus requiring them to be pack markers. He's not built for that.

He's hardly a stick and one of his his strengths is his pack marking.

He's hardly a stick and one of his his strengths is his pack marking.

I only hope Tim O'Brien was watching the way Carlisle went about it on the weekend....He has almost the exact same mechanics as Carlisle & needs to attack the ball with the same ferocity/commitment....Carlisle is certainly one of the form players in the comp at the minute. He is the same age as Gunston. I know which one of those 2 I'd rather have!:)

At the start of this drug saga Robbo dragged every essendon person through the mud and then nailed the players identities in the paper. Robbo after copping a hiding from the media and essendon hierarchy for printing the players identities has spent the past 2 months sucking up every essendon person including Bomber Thompson on his 360 show.

200cm swingmen with any ability do not grow on trees, I would have him at the Hawks. We have a history of developing players with flaws into gems.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back