Traded Jake Carlisle [traded w/ #23 and #44 for #5, #24 and Craig Bird]

Remove this Banner Ad

Jake meeting Brendan Bolton on Thursday night, the final hurdle.
I find it really hard to believe jake would meet the Thursday before the last game of the season. Why wouldn't they meet until after the season? Jake is still a contracted player so wouldn't Carlton be breaking the rules? If salvagni was meeting with McConville I could see this as being more believable.
As you are connected to carlisles camp can you answer the question will he ask to be traded or will he go to psd?

I find it really hard to believe jake would meet the Thursday before the last game of the season. Why wouldn't they meet until after the season? Jake is still a contracted player so wouldn't Carlton be breaking the rules? If salvagni was meeting with McConville I could see this as being more believable.
As you are connected to carlisles camp can you answer the question will he ask to be traded or will he go to psd?
He goes on Holiday on Monday apparently.

Jake is leaving the day or 2 after the season to go on holidays and wont be back until the trade period is done. This week is his last chance to cover all bases, so that if things change during the trade period he has an idea of plan a, b and c.

Brendan Bolton is the last person he needs to speak to and if he gets his tick of approval he will seek a trade to blues.

He has met with Alan Richardson on sunday night and Brad Scott tonight, so if for one reason or another the blues trade doesn't get over the line, he will at least have met the fall back options.

He just wants to get to Carlton, dont know if he cares about how it happens.

Jake meeting Brendan Bolton on Thursday night, the final hurdle.

This makes me moist.

But hurdle as in Carlton proving to Carlisle we are the place to be or is Carlisle proving himself to Bolton?
Let us know what comes from that meeting! Sounds interesting.

On Carlton's board we haven't heard anything of Bolton meeting our own current players (latest news was that he hadn't) let alone a potential player like Carlisle.

Jake is leaving the day or 2 after the season to go on holidays and wont be back until the trade period is done. This week is his last chance to cover all bases, so that if things change during the trade period he has an idea of plan a, b and c.

Brendan Bolton is the last person he needs to speak to and if he gets his tick of approval he will seek a trade to blues.

He has met with Alan Richardson on sunday night and Brad Scott tonight, so if for one reason or another the blues trade doesn't get over the line, he will at least have met the fall back options.

Can you elaborate on WHY he just wants to get to Carlton? Is it the contract we are offering him beats all rivals?

This makes me moist.

But hurdle as in Carlton proving to Carlisle we are the place to be or is Carlisle proving himself to Bolton?
Let us know what comes from that meeting! Sounds interesting.

On Carlton's board we haven't heard anything of Bolton meeting our own current players (latest news was that he hadn't) let alone a potential player like Carlisle.

Jake wants Carlton
Carlton (silvagni) want Jake

Jake needs Bolton to want Jake

Holidays so soon, so he thought dons weren't playing finals and he doesn't need surgery

Why does he need a plan b if he's going to the psd? Like I think you said before

The more you post the more it stinks of BS

I would still like to believe he will request a trade.
That is really the only thing that really bothers me. Of course I would love for him to choose st Kilda as we would get a better deal. If two planks pms me I could verify if he really knows jake by asking him a personal question only those who know jake would know!

Holidays so soon, so he thought dons weren't playing finals and he doesn't need surgery

Why does he need a plan b if he's going to the psd? Like I think you said before

The more you post the more it stinks of BS

Carlisle would be an absolute idiot not to at least speak to other potential suitors...anything could happen in trade week, Bolton might not want him, as Two Planks says Carlisle has to convince Bolton of his worth as well on Thursday.

Of course he needs a plan B club...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlisle would be an absolute idiot not to at least speak to other potential suitors...anything could happen in trade week, Bolton might not want him, as Two Planks says Carlisle has to convince Bolton of his worth as well on Thursday.

Of course he needs a plan B club...

I get that and I agree, my point was why does he need a plan b when posters on here were 100% adamant he was walking to the PSD?

People are contradicting themselves

See if a deal can be settled. Becausw everyone will have FA still to think about during Trade Period aswell for a bit.

Starting to think you just want to fill a collection of key backs down at Hawthorn. How the hell would you play them all? Might just stuff a couple and put them on the wall?

North are worse...

Not really. Thompson is half the player he was in 2013, Tarrant is excellent but only one injury away, Tippett is probably not AFL standard and Hansen is a floating tall.

Tarrant and Carlisle as the two main key backs would be a huge improvement.

Not really. Thompson is half the player he was in 2013, Tarrant is excellent but only one injury away, Tippett is probably not AFL standard and Hansen is a floating tall.

Tarrant and Carlisle as the two main key backs would be a huge improvement.

Didn't you take a couple more last draft period. What possie does that big S.A 1st rounder play? CHB or ruck?

Didn't you take a couple more last draft period. What possie does that big S.A 1st rounder play? CHB or ruck?

We took three, although I think we see Durdin as a forward long term.

I can see why we are into Carlisle, and could see us shopping Hansen if we were to get him.

I'm a little confused by some of these posts. I thought Carlisle is a FA & doesn't need other clubs to make deals with Essendon. He can just walk to any club he likes with no deal needing to be made with the Bombers.

Can some clarify for me how Free Agency works. I know in American sports a FA has 3 options. Resign, Walk or Sign & Trade.

In the AFL can players do a Sign & Trade?

Eg If Carlisle hypothetically decides he wants out of Essendon but he wants the club to get a good deal out of him leaving. Can he resign with Essendon & be traded?

He isn't a free agent, he is out of contract. As Carlton will either have the first or second pick in the PSD (where he can nominate his price) they can use that as leverage to get a trade done.

A player can be traded even if out of contract, as I believe contracts don't officially expire until after the trade period.

He isn't a free agent, he is out of contract. As Carlton will either have the first or second pick in the PSD (where he can nominate his price) they can use that as leverage to get a trade done.

A player can be traded even if out of contract, as I believe contracts don't officially expire until after the trade period.

Ok thanks for clearing that up for me. So is there Unrestricted & Restricted Free Agents in AFL? Again in American sports they can have Restricted Free Agents where the club can't stop the player leaving but it has to be through a trade.

Ok thanks for clearing that up for me. So is there Unrestricted & Restricted Free Agents in AFL? Again in American sports they can have Restricted Free Agents where the club can't stop the player leaving but it has to be through a trade.

Yep, but unlike American sports, out of contract doesn't automatically mean free agent, as players need to have spent a certain amount of time at a club to qualify. A player who is simply out of contract can enter either draft, but can't choose where he signs.

The other difference is if a club matches another offer for a restricted free agent, the player doesn't automatically have to re-sign on those terms, like would happen in American sports. He can choose to seek a trade or let his contract expire and enter the draft (ie - Adelaide matching Geelong's contract offer to Dangerfield does not necessarily mean he will stay a Crow).

http://www.afl.com.au/afl-hq/the-afl-explained/free-agency

I'd be very surprised if TWO PLANKS isn't correct with his information, but what I do know is the Carlilse camp wouldn't like this being plasters over BIG FOOTY as it would be very easy to find out who he is..
Going to the Craigieburn GF this week TWO PLANKS?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back