Traded Jake Carlisle [traded w/ #23 and #44 for #5, #24 and Craig Bird]

Remove this Banner Ad

They don't need to do jack. Carlisle will be free from his contract. The Blues will table what they can, Dosoro will whinge and whine until the 11th hour before accepting the deal.

Either 2nd and a player or 2nd and 3rd

Or we just deal with someone else. Plenty of players get traded where they don't want to go. Can't just assume they can get him in the PSD when he would slot in perfectly at Brisbane.

TheLastEmperor

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
Or we just deal with someone else. Plenty of players get traded where they don't want to go. Can't just assume they can get him in the PSD when he would slot in perfectly at Brisbane.

Yea nah Carlisle will nominate a club end of story. Random Clubs don't pick guys in the psd, cos those players don't wanna be there or meet the club etc. it won't go to the psd anyway a deal will be done but nothing like what you think. You sound like Dodoro.

gillo94

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 17, 2014
Hoppers Crossing
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
LA Lakers
Just over 6 months ago you were carrying on like this bloke was the saviour, now you want to trade him on?

Again, can't get a game at your mob but it's a fair trade? Nah.

He will get more opportunities, regardless of he stays or goes. Been progressing well at VFL level. 2016 no doubt will get more opportunities. Honestly I've been thinking if Gibbs should be tradable or not

Well you guys aren't reallt coming up with trade ideas other than pick 3 which isn't going to happen

Doesn't matter, Red Bull said so!

Ants

Premiership Player
Sep 27, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Essendon
I would have thought the Henderson/Yarran/Gibbs trade value + Carlton's 2nd pick for Carlisle and maybe our 3rd round pick. Depends of course on what they go for (or if one of them is traded), but I'm assuming something in the 17 => 25 range. So a late 1st round/early 2nd round pick plus a pick upgrade. Carlton still getting a bargain. Use our 3rd round and their 3rd round picks to get the F/S players. They get to keep pick #2.

They take a KPF with #2 (Sache or Francis), put Carlisle back, and they've got their book-ends for the next 7 years or so. Or take Weitering and say the key backs are done and dusted.

In my view EFC is pretty shafted given its a weak draft and we'd effectively be getting a pick 5-8 spots better than what we spent on Carlisle plus a pick upgrade.

Sep 20, 2009
Pascoe Vale
AFL Club
Geelong
Just over 6 months ago you were carrying on like this bloke was the saviour, now you want to trade him on?

Again, can't get a game at your mob but it's a fair trade? Nah.

Carlisle for Liam Jones. Gun key forward to help out Daniher, can chop out in the ruck, absolute steal of last year's trading period, WTF were the Doggies even thinking in putting him up for trade?!?! :thumbsu:

You know you want to :p

HereComesJuddy

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
No way Jaksch will be traded. Team Jake picks is in control and has the bargaining power. Carlton will not be trying to upgrade their 2nd round pick. We may send a pick we get for Henderson or Yarran to Essendon, if we are feeling kind enough, but I doubt that will happen.

Two teams practically rebuilding will cash in any chance they get. If it was the other way around and Jake was a carlton player and picked Essendon, I very much doubt Essendon supporters would be happy to part with a pick in the top ten with all that's gone on and still yo come.

It's sad if he leaves and I get that. Best possible chance Essendon have of getting value back from Jake is if he picks a few clubs. If not, then it won't work in Essendon favour. It never does. It's the nature of the beast we call trading.

Carlisle for Liam Jones. Gun key forward to help out Daniher, can chop out in the ruck, absolute steal of last year's trading period, WTF were the Doggies even thinking in putting him up for trade?!?! :thumbsu:

While you're at it, Stanley for Henderson :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HTPunter

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Doesn't matter, Red Bull said so!

I can't actually recall the last time someone got traded to/picked up by a club they didn't want to go to? Maybe McCarthy picked up in the PSD by Port instead of Richmond? Certainly not 'plenty' of players?

I can't actually recall the last time someone got traded to/picked up by a club they didn't want to go to? Maybe McCarthy picked up in the PSD by Port instead of Richmond? Certainly not 'plenty' of players?
Unsure of why you quoted my post, it was completely sarcastic.

Apr 6, 2008
coburg
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Australian cricket team
Well so far Crameri and Ryder think it makes a difference ...
No they don't if you judge them by their performance. It's easy to see why it's actually worse. They still have the pressure of the situation without the support of their mates and the club around them. In fact last year ASADA tried to single out Crameri and put him under huge pressure for a deal, hoping for a domino effect.

Apr 6, 2008
coburg
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Australian cricket team
For starters , the go home 5 .
Now this year Aish ?
Do you really think Brisbane are stupid enough to take a player they already know doesn't want to be there ?
You really are desperate that he doesn't get to Carlton aren't you ...
If Carlisle goes to Carlton he's less likely to hurt Essendon on the field than any other club. There would be hatred towards him based on the old rivalry but if there was a fair deal then most people would move on and probably feel a little sorry for him, like Pies fans and Daisy.

Saints and Doggies have already begun rebuilds and have vacancies that a potential AA KPD could fill. GWS similarly.

Also Geelong, Sydney, Port, Freo, Hawthorn and Richmond could all seriously be improved with him in the side.

Doggies would be the biggest impact I think, and I wouldn't begrudge him going to fulfill his childhood dream. With the excitement they have in classy mids and running players he would push them to top 6 next year with the slightly tougher draw they have. Then I think they could trade again at the end of next year for a ruckman and they are in very good shape.

GWS would be the best chance for us to trade with.

Apr 6, 2008
coburg
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Australian cricket team
It is Carlton at the end of the day they are always known to be dodgy when they recruit players I mean you only had to look at how they got Judd.
What are you talking about? They gave up a fair price for Judd. In fact it's why they never got close to a premiership in the last 5 years. As good as Judd has been they would have been better off if they had have traded Fev out that year when he still had massive currency, never traded for Warnock and Judd, and never traded out Sauce.

They would have finished lower in 08 and gotten Hurley rather than Yarran. With Hurley playing down back he would have gotten to current form a few years back. They would have had Kennedy up the other end with Kruzer and Sauce as ruckmen.

Jesse Custer

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 28, 2008
Melwood
AFL Club
Essendon

Why bother posting that. Jones is lucky to even be an AFL player. Good on carlton.

topdog69

Team Captain
Jun 8, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Why would Carlise want to go Carlton ? In the words off their former coach Malthouse know want go their.All off the Carlton people on Bigfooty are delusional that are get Carlise for pack off chip and can off coke?I think all of club will blinded when he name the team what to playe for next year .

tigerwill

Premiership Player
Mar 19, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
I'm not saying you are wrong. But can you name me 1 player in this day and age that was traded somewhere they didn't want to go???

Josh Kennedy to WC in the Judd trade. Fairly sure he signed a contract extension at carlton not long before that.
Rumour was, he was paid a little inducement to pack his bags. Any truth in that?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back