Traded Jake Carlisle [traded w/ #23 and #44 for #5, #24 and Craig Bird]

Remove this Banner Ad

What are you talking about? They gave up a fair price for Judd. In fact it's why they never got close to a premiership in the last 5 years. As good as Judd has been they would have been better off if they had have traded Fev out that year when he still had massive currency, never traded for Warnock and Judd, and never traded out Sauce.

They would have finished lower in 08 and gotten Hurley rather than Yarran. With Hurley playing down back he would have gotten to current form a few years back. They would have had Kennedy up the other end with Kruzer and Sauce as ruckmen.

Easy to say all that now but Judd was huge for them given how far back Carlton were coming from. They may have never made it out of the bottom 4 without him, which would have made it hard to develop any of those players you mentioned.

As is the case with virtually all players these days , he'll get to where he wants to go ... wherever that is ??
Depending on who he nominates , will be the degree of efc's pain ...

Don't see much pain involved if he nominates the dogs, fairly sure they have plenty to work with. Time will tell

I'm just confused as to why he wants to go to Carlton of all places. Still think he'll end up at Dogs.

This is another reason why the fixture doesn't help the lesser clubs get bigger. He will only play for the big 4 clubs in Melbourne due to the blockbuster games and prime time fixtures. Carlton, Collingwood and Richmond the only possibilities but with the tigers resigning Rance I doubt they will bid. Pies chasing Treloar so that leaves blues. Carlton is the only club he has met with personally and that was in the first 4 weeks of the season.

Why would Carlise want to go Carlton ? In the words off their former coach Malthouse know want go their.All off the Carlton people on Bigfooty are delusional that are get Carlise for pack off chip and can off coke?I think all of club will blinded when he name the team what to playe for next year .

I read this in ken jeong's voice in my head

Why would Carlise want to go Carlton ? In the words off their former coach Malthouse know want go their.All off the Carlton people on Bigfooty are delusional that are get Carlise for pack off chip and can off coke?I think all of club will blinded when he name the team what to playe for next year .
Also wrong move for Carlton. They need a root and branch rebuild. They need to trade out now and front load players they have there and hit FA after another three drafts.

This is another reason why the fixture doesn't help the lesser clubs get bigger. He will only play for the big 4 clubs in Melbourne due to the blockbuster games and prime time fixtures. Carlton, Collingwood and Richmond the only possibilities but with the tigers resigning Rance I doubt they will bid. Pies chasing Treloar so that leaves blues. Carlton is the only club he has met with personally and that was in the first 4 weeks of the season.
That makes it sound more likely he'll stay then.

Easy to say all that now but Judd was huge for them given how far back Carlton were coming from. They may have never made it out of the bottom 4 without him, which would have made it hard to develop any of those players you mentioned.
Yep. If we'd managed to snare Judd in 2007 over Carlton I'm confident that the 2012-2015 period wouldn't have happened.

Carltons problem is that they have no value to offer at the trade table besides draft picks. No team wants who they currently have.

If he wanted to leave, his priorities would be to stay at home in VIC and give himself every chance to play finals footy, thus making a move to Carlton nonsensical. If he did declare them, it's draft picks or nada.

Teams like the Bombers, Dogs, Pies and/or Tigers would be able to entice him more I'd say.

FWIW, I hope he stays.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carltons problem is that they have no value to offer at the trade table besides draft picks. No team wants who they currently have.

If he wanted to leave, his priorities would be to stay at home in VIC and give himself every chance to play finals footy, thus making a move to Carlton nonsensical. If he did declare them, it's draft picks or nada.

Teams like the Bombers, Dogs, Pies and/or Tigers would be able to entice him more I'd say.

FWIW, I hope he stays.

I doubt Carlton would give up picks for Carlisle when the club has openly admitted they are starting a rebuild, I could be wrong though, especially with how the club has been run of late. If Jake is adamant he wants to be traded to Carlton then he will get there, either through a swap of players and maybe late picks or the PSD if both clubs can't agree on a deal. It all depends on Jake and whether he nominates just one team or if he wouldn't mind a few different clubs.

Yes he is , but he also has a lengthy ban hanging over his head .
All you have to do is find a Melbourne based club that is willing to gamble their first round pick and that Carlisle is willing to go too .
Of course , he can just come to terms with Carlton and walk via the PSD ... Simple

So why would you recruit Carlisle if he is heading for a lengthy ban - I understand that Carlton's list management is deficient but this would take the cake.

Out of contract and facing a lengthy ban .
Carlton's second rounder will be early 20's , but , they will likely be the lowest placed Melbourne based club thus bringing the PSD into the equation ...

Lets be creative - Why not swap first and second round picks 3 for 6 and 21 for 24 - And maybe something else thrown in during the trading period.

efc supporters just have to realize that in this unique set of circumstances , your club holds a pair of two's at best !!
Carlisle is out of contract
He wants to stay in Melbourne
And he has a lengthy ban hanging over his head
IF , he doesn't nominate a particular Melbourne based club , efc still face the prospect of finding a club willing to gamble their first round draft pick , as that appears to be the price efc fans are demanding .
IF , as suggested in some quarters , Carlton is his club of choice , they are holding a royal flush !!
Likely to be the lowest placed Melbourne based club , they wouldn't even need to trade under normal circumstances (PSD) but certainly wouldn't need to roll the WADA dice under these very unique circumstances .
It's a hell of a situation efc and their supporters find themselves in , but it's pointless trying to ignore the realities of it and continuing to put forward totally unrealistic proposals .
IF Carlisle nominates and comes to terms with Carlton , why then would Carlton , in a rebuild , needlessly trade anything at all ??
If the boot were on the other foot , I'd struggle to see Mr Dodoro sending any christmas presents Carlton's way ...

How many times can you mention a lengthy ban - It's like you are the only person who knows about WADA, and the rest of the BF community and the footy industry are in total ignorance.

Your repetitive posts add little to the debate.

Carlton in rebuild won't be risking draft picks , even more so now with possible WADA developments .
If Carlisle nominates Carlton ... well i guess we'll just have to wait and see .

Got me stumped why Carlton would go after Carlisle - Now i see why Carlton has struggled at list management.

Without going over old ground ,
If the out of contract Carlisle nominates Carlton , you will be lucky to get peanuts .
Carlton would have no need to take any risk and trade ...

It's not what you want - It's what the clubs decide - After all your opinion and my opinion is irrelevant.

We've been through all the scenarios previously in this thread matey .
Let's just wait and see if Carlisle decides to leave , who he nominates , and how it unfolds .
All we know for certain is he is out of contract and is facing a lengthy ban .
Not a pretty picture which ever way you slice it for the efc ...

And Carlton want to recruit Carlisle who is facing a lengthy ban - I must be missing something - Then again you know better than the footy industry !

How many times can you mention a lengthy ban - It's like you are the only person who knows about WADA, and the rest of the BF community and the footy industry are in total ignorance.

Your repetitive posts add little to the debate.

I'm glad to see there is one efc supporter that recognizes the possibility of efc players facing lengthy bans .
Far too many are still employing the head in sand method .
The situation is REAL and must be taken into calculations by clubs when discussing trading efc players .
If the out of contract Carlisle wants to stay in Melbourne and nominates Carlton who will be the lowest placed Melbourne based club , the reality is efc will be lucky to get peanuts .
Talk of Carlton's first rounder is ludicrous , there would be absolutely no need for Carlton to consider this with the PSD in play let alone risk a first rounder with WADA looming large .
Something may be salvaged by efc if Carlisle nominates another club , but if he nominates Carlton , efc and their supporters need to prepare for some pain ... real pain !!
If the boot were on the other foot , id expect no less from Mr Dodoro and no doubt encouraged by efc supporters ... that's the reality !!

I'm glad to see there is one efc supporter that recognizes the possibility of efc players facing lengthy bans .
Far too many are still employing the head in sand method .
The situation is REAL and must be taken into calculations by clubs when discussing trading efc players .
If the out of contract Carlisle wants to stay in Melbourne and nominates Carlton who will be the lowest placed Melbourne based club , the reality is efc will be lucky to get peanuts .
Talk of Carlton's first rounder is ludicrous , there would be absolutely no need for Carlton to consider this with the PSD in play let alone risk a first rounder with WADA looming large .
Something may be salvaged by efc if Carlisle nominates another club , but if he nominates Carlton , efc and their supporters need to prepare for some pain ... real pain !!
If the boot were on the other foot , id expect no less from Mr Dodoro and no doubt encouraged by efc supporters ... that's the reality !!
Carlise is not going Carlton at all

Remove this Banner Ad

Back