Traded Jake Carlisle [traded w/ #23 and #44 for #5, #24 and Craig Bird]

Remove this Banner Ad

This is another reason why the fixture doesn't help the lesser clubs get bigger. He will only play for the big 4 clubs in Melbourne due to the blockbuster games and prime time fixtures. Carlton, Collingwood and Richmond the only possibilities but with the tigers resigning Rance I doubt they will bid. Pies chasing Treloar so that leaves blues. Carlton is the only club he has met with personally and that was in the first 4 weeks of the season.
It's not the late 90's anymore. Carlton are nowhere near a "big 4" club.

Current rumours say that he's leaning towards going, and the Bulldogs are the main party. So the Carlton focus being entirely based on one Journo's comments might be putting the cart before the horse.

On the ban, even if they get a 2 year penalty they'll barely miss more than one season. Half more than Tippett (who had a confirmed ban). The first 6 months of suspended sentence counts, so any ban would be only 1.5 years maximum (from that point). If the decision is in October (say) then any player banned would miss one season, and be available the following April. And that's the maximum penalty, they could easily have a lesser penalty if found guilty given their circumstances. A one year ban would have them available April 2015 after subtracting the suspended sentence period. So the odds are that in reality they will miss at most one year, or just one-preseason, with a good chance they'll receive no penalty (after all, found not guilty once already). Whereas Tippett who had a certain half-year ban found it didn't impact his price at all.

Current rumours say that he's leaning towards going, and the Bulldogs are the main party. So the Carlton focus being entirely based on one Journo's comments might be putting the cart before the horse.

On the ban, even if they get a 2 year penalty they'll barely miss more than one season. Half more than Tippett (who had a confirmed ban). The first 6 months of suspended sentence counts, so any ban would be only 1.5 years maximum (from that point). If the decision is in October (say) then any player banned would miss one season, and be available the following April. And that's the maximum penalty, they could easily have a lesser penalty if found guilty given their circumstances. A one year ban would have them available April 2015 after subtracting the suspended sentence period. So the odds are that in reality they will miss at most one year, or just one-preseason, with a good chance they'll receive no penalty (after all, found not guilty once already). Whereas Tippett who had a certain half-year ban found it didn't impact his price at all.
Didn't syd get Kurt for SFA?

It's not the late 90's anymore. Carlton are nowhere near a "big 4" club.
I agree with this. The traditional "Big 4" is now a legend. I don't think it exists in the 21st Century. If you asked me to list a "Big 4" for right now I would put:

1. Hawthorn
2. Sydney
3. Fremantle
4. West Coast

Collingwood is the only traditional Big 4 even close to that group. Hate saying that!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely last years performance will still be in the memory bank of all dogs fans.

All I remember is that he was one out with our current ruckman who is far to slow to play on a mobile forward like Carlisle and his other opponent was Morris who is about 8cm shorter than him. Carlisle was on fire though no question.

KPF's were destroying our KPD's on a regular basis in 2014. Doesn't happen as often this year thanks to easton wood drifting across but still a bit to much for my liking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back