Traded Jake Carlisle [traded w/ #23 and #44 for #5, #24 and Craig Bird]

Remove this Banner Ad

eth-dog = exhibit A
broken-record-psd-448821.png

Any number of efc posters will be only too happy to tell you that WADA and the PSD don't exist .
I suspect , for their own sanity after these last 3 years , they have wiped these scenarios from their version of reality ... it's understandable i guess .
But the real world grinds on and if Carlisle nominates Carlton , a harsh reality awaits .
Time will tell ...

Weird.. so the "best" case episode for Essendon is Carlisle leaves for a decent draft pick and then Carlisle is banned for 2 x years!

Obviously allot of other Essendon players get banned as well so "best case" is used in the loosest term!

Weird.. so the "best" case episode for Essendon is Carlisle leaves for a decent draft pick and then Carlisle is banned for 2 x years!

Obviously allot of other Essendon players get banned as well so "best case" is used in the loosest term!
Best case is that Carlisle stays obviously.

Also, I doubt anybody wants any of the players banned. To say that is just stupid.

Any number of efc posters will be only too happy to tell you that WADA and the PSD don't exist .
I suspect , for their own sanity after these last 3 years , they have wiped these scenarios from their version of reality ... it's understandable i guess .
But the real world grinds on and if Carlisle nominates Carlton , a harsh reality awaits .
Time will tell ...
Phil?

Sam McClure on 3aw tonight (his record on mail is only good for carlton stuff) - carlton are front runners for carlisle. dogs not in it.
Says carlton could threaten PSD because he believes Brisbane will take Dixon with pick 1 in the PSD.
Gc will jump us on the ladder of they win the Qclash. Leaving us to take Carlisle with pick 2 in the PSD.

Even if it doesn't eventuate, the ability to use the psd as a threat should mean we pay unders for him in a trade.

*essendon supporters - don't shoot the messenger*

Last edited:
Sam McClure on 3aw tonight (his record on mail is only good for carlton stuff) - carlton are front runners for carlisle. dogs not in it.
Says carlton could threaten PSD because he believes Brisbane will take Dixon with pick 1 in the PSD.
Gc will jump us on the ladder of they win the Qclash. Leaving us to take Carlisle with pick 2 in the PSD.

Even if it doesn't eventuate, the ability to use the psd as a threat should mean we pay unders for him in a trade.

Assuming of course that he doesn't re-sign in the near future.

Cool.

I'd almost be happy for this to happen and brisbane to take him pick 1 in the PSD.

Meanwhile in reality, if Jake nominates Carlton, we'll end up settling for your second round pick and be labelled hard to deal with by the incredibly intelligent football media.

If Brisbane and Carlton sit 17th and 18th, they'll have a gentleman's agreement, you leave Dixon for us, and you can have Carlisle, it would be simple, my ladder has Carlton finishing last and that would make things very very simple.

Carlton, Essendon and Collingwood, I doubt any of these combinations in any order, will ever come to a suitable agreement on a trade. If Carlisle want over to Carlton, if they get the opportunity to get him via the PSD, they will take it and run.

Of the three, I'd say comfortably Collingwood are the more amicable nice guys, Essendon and Carlton, boy, those two football clubs over the past 20 years or so have been extremely dodgy. Blues will get him for nothing, but the fun could begin if, Essendon get done by WADA and seriously bottom out in 2018, they may throw a hail mary at one of Carlton's prized recruits over the next year or so, and so a free agency/PSD war begins.

Carlton would be odds on to screw Essendon over if they can and if anyone thinks this would be resolved amicably would be kidding themselves. Pre-season is a monty.

Yep, You'd think PSD is a reasonable chance if he nominates Carlton. Which kinda stuffs up your draft plans, coz most Essendon fans reckon 1st rounder + player or 2 2nd rounders. If you get none of that, you're gonna struggle again this year i'd imagine.

And if you can't see the reasoning for Carlton to get Carlisle via the PSD due to the prospect of 2 year bans then you're just not being realistic. I wouldn't blame Carlton to not throw away draft picks at a guy who could be rubbed out for 2017 and 2018 seasons.

And if you can't see the reasoning for Carlton to get Carlisle via the PSD due to the prospect of 2 year bans then you're just not being realistic. I wouldn't blame Carlton to not throw away draft picks at a guy who could be rubbed out for 2017 and 2018 seasons.

Either way the threat of a 2 year ban still hangs so I cant see how getting him via the psd is any different.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Either way the threat of a 2 year ban still hangs so I cant see how getting him via the psd is any different.
Because you get him for free rather than throwing away a possible 10 year player.

Less risk due to the high risk around Carlisle

Jesus its not that hard...

If Brisbane and Carlton sit 17th and 18th, they'll have a gentleman's agreement, you leave Dixon for us, and you can have Carlisle, it would be simple, my ladder has Carlton finishing last and that would make things very very simple.

If the blues finish bottom 2 with Brisbane, they will offer Essendon pick 21 as a take it or leave it offer.

If the blues finish bottom 2 with Brisbane, they will offer Essendon pick 21 as a take it or leave it offer.

Carlton's second rounder could well be set aside for Aish ?
Third and fourth rounders for Rice and Silvagni after taking Weitering with our first rounder .
Matthew Watson could be available for trade should efc find the prospect of the PSD unpalatable ...

I've heard it would actually be our 3rd on offer as a take it or leave it scenario.

If Carlisle gets banned and we've only used a PSD pick to get him - we don't lose much (except the player obviously). Because it is against WADA rules to pay a banned player. Hence it wouldn't cost us cap space if we were banned - he could though sue Essendon for loss of earnings.

Carlton's second rounder could well be set aside for Aish ?
Third and fourth rounders for Rice and Silvagni after taking Weitering with our first rounder .
Matthew Watson could be available for trade should efc find the prospect of the PSD unpalatable ...

Watto can reunite with his uncle Allessio :)

The PSD talk is silly not because it can't happen, but because it makes this entire thread pointless and is just a troll on Essendon fans. Of course if he nominates Carlton and is willing to go via the PSD, Essendon gets screwed. Everyone does (or should) know this.

But what is the point in discussing it then?

Just to get one over Essendon fans. Now, if a discussion was occurring on what might happen then (like that EFC would be hoping GCS are in the same position with Dixon, then we could both go to the AFL and argue losing players to the PSD should result in compo similar to FA's) then there is a point. But if it occurs, there's no trade discussion, no value discussion, Essendon gets done and Carlton walks away laughing. So harping on about it is really just trolling.

Unless Carlton fans think their club is stupid enough to give up anything if he's willing to walk via the PSD?
Except as I've pointed out due to the provisional periods where they've already sat out 6 months (and I think they can do the same from September this year) even with a full two year ban they would still be available in April 2017. If they got a one year ban 2016 isn't at risk either. So this is being exaggerated a lot.
The sooner the PSD is gone the better things will be in the future.

The most pointless exercise since extending the trade period to a month
Actually, I'm a fan of the PSD. It allows players to join clubs on one year contracts, it allows them to train with clubs to show their worth, it is another thing to talk about. But in this age of FA, where clubs lose players they want to keep to the PSD then they should get compensation similar to a FA, albeit in the next draft. It is silly to say if a club poaches your player over age X you get Y, but if he's younger you get nothing.

If Jake picks Carlton, which player for player trade would work?

Feel free to suggest someone.

Kristian Jaksch, 194cm
20 years old and first rounder when drafted

Jake Carlisle, 198cm
23 years old, Jake has established himself more but Kritsian younger and still developing

Only one suggestion

Kristian Jaksch, 194cm
20 years old and first rounder when drafted

Jake Carlisle, 198cm
23 years old, Jake has established himself more but Kritsian younger and still developing

Only one suggestion
Don't think that one would go through. Jaksch was picked up only 12 months back with Whiley & Boekhorst for pick 7 and can't get a game in your team. I'd back our recruiters in on a draft pick over him.

The players from Carlton I'd want in a straight swap for Jake would be untradeable on your end. Cripps would do but you wouldn't. Menzel maybe. Past that they don't fit the age profile we'd want (Gibbs/Murphy) or the talent level we'd want.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back