Traded Jake Carlisle [traded w/ #23 and #44 for #5, #24 and Craig Bird]

Remove this Banner Ad

GWS sure did develop Aylett :drunk: Where was hams from previously?
Hadnt seen Aylett play at GWS. Just remember the Edwards trade being conditional of Aylett leaving as well. From memory North offered GWS a slightly better draft pick for Edwards alone but GWS wanted to offload 2 players and accepted the trade with Essendon.
Hope he gets a game soon.

Hadnt seen Aylett play at GWS. Just remember the Edwards trade being conditional of Aylett leaving as well. From memory North offered GWS a slightly better draft pick for Edwards alone but GWS wanted to offload 2 players and accepted the trade with Essendon.
Hope he gets a game soon.

Was the crows :thumbsu:

Bombers supporters are strange
If you know Jake will leave why not persue few mature age players. I would!

Picks will take time while and talls is an area which Bombers desperately lack
Unless you get quality experienced players it just isn't worth it. Our list has quite a few list cloggers. We have also been sanctioned from the last few drafts and need more talented kids.
If we are fortunate enough to escape wada sanctions we will start being an attractive destination for free agents in 2017.

Agree. The PSD wasn't designed for players to walk out on clubs.

Probably need a new level of FA to catch these.
Out of contract players, can sign elsewhere, but given age the compensation is higher.
I'd be happy to get a first rounder after our first pick if Carlisle was to want to sign a contract with Carlton and Carlton were reluctant to give up their first pick.

Couldn't disagree more about another free agency. This would lead to teams not trading basically (minus a few of the contracted signing)

Sounds good at the moment for Essendon because they'll get good compensation this year, but it's too easily manipulated. This year youd see Aish, Henderson, Dixon, Lonergan, Thompson, Smith all walking, leading to a heavily compromised draft.

I don't really see the need to change the PSD, only the occanisional big name goes through there, It's used more as leverage then a true threat. However if Dixon/Carlilse went through, and the AFL were worried, think we'd see a cap on the contract size, compared to scrapping it all together

A reliable source has told me that north Melbourne are right in the market for Carlisle and are prepared to give first rounder for him. I have been told north, bulldogs and bombers in the mix with Carlton doubtful.
We shall see..............

A reliable source has told me that north Melbourne are right in the market for Carlisle and are prepared to give first rounder for him. I have been told north, bulldogs and bombers in the mix with Carlton doubtful.
We shall see..............

Not sure kangaroos will be chasing him. I've heard with their recent recruiting, they are very much focused on youth over the next few drafts. Yes Carlisle isn't old, but they will need to bring in 18 year olds asap.

Don't rule the hawks out. They were heavily into him late last trade period. They'll swoop.
This has been my thoughts all along. I still think he will stay with us but wouldnt be surprised if the Hawks are right up to their necks in it. His asking price would have a few clubs worried but there are some ridiculous figures supposedly being offered to him from 1 interstate club and 2 Melbourne clubs, if any of those figures are correct id be happy not to match them

I've heard Port Adelaide are into Carlisle in a big way also. Be a interesting trade period if all these rumored clubs are into him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Realistically, 17 clubs will be interested in Carlisle.

Carlisle will rule some out himself.

Other clubs will rule themselves out when it comes to what Carlisle will be asking salary wise.

Personally, I don't think Carlisle would go to the QLD clubs. Port, North would rule out salary cap wise. Don't see Carlisle choosing the Eagles or Tigers. Geelong will be too late to the party chasing others, as will Collingwood. Sydney can't get him based on the trade restrictions.

Think Fremantle, Carlton, Western Bulldogs, St Kilda and Hawthorn are all very good chances. I'm not 100% convinced Essendon is out of the race for keeping him.

Hawks - Lake out, Carlisle in...wow. That could happen.

Realistically, 17 clubs will be interested in Carlisle.

Carlisle will rule some out himself.

Other clubs will rule themselves out when it comes to what Carlisle will be asking salary wise.

Personally, I don't think Carlisle would go to the QLD clubs. Port, North would rule out salary cap wise. Don't see Carlisle choosing the Eagles or Tigers. Geelong will be too late to the party chasing others, as will Collingwood. Sydney can't get him based on the trade restrictions.

Think Fremantle, Carlton, Western Bulldogs, St Kilda and Hawthorn are all very good chances. I'm not 100% convinced Essendon is out of the race for keeping him.

Hawks - Lake out, Carlisle in...wow. That could happen.

Wouldn't be so sure with Port and cap space. Cornes would free up a bit, Butcher getting delisted would free up a good chunk of it. Also possibly but could be wrong Boak maybe eligible for the veterans list being his 10th year next year. Bigger problem for us chasing a name is we have Wingard, Wines and Hartlett out of contract and I'd prefer to keep those 3 then get a name player in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back