News Jake King Retires

Remove this Banner Ad

Always the heart and soul of the club and many admire him for his courage and bravery on the field.
Off the field, he's the best team man, and a great clubman that doesn't get the recognition he deserves. I salute you Kingy. You are the Pushup, you are the reason that our blokes can stick up for each other, and I really hope you stay around the club in some capacity this season and in the future to enjoy the success that we all crave.

I also look forward to future junior Kingy's under the father-son rule :)

Cheerio mate. Wasn't always a big fan of him playing seniors but he set the standard with how to attack the footy every week. Enjoyed him sticking up for his teammates and giving his all.

Enjoy retirement Kingy. Would have been good to see him pull the boots on one last time

Hope you don't mind me posting here.

Just wanted to say farewell to a great ambassador for your Club.
I have plenty of photos of my son with Jake King at the Richmond kids clinics over the years. He laughed and joked with the kids, he made each kid feel proud to be a Tiger.

Jake throws himself wholeheartedly into anything put in front of him. He wasn't the tallest or the most skilled player but he wore the tiger kit with pride.

Thanks Jake for the great memories.

Heard on SEN before that the boy Jake King was photographed with a couple of weeks ago lost his leg today.

Such a sad story, but I think of the joy that the little boy (sorry I don't know his name) must have felt on spending time with Jake.

Jake is a legend

Heard on SEN before that the boy Jake King was photographed with a couple of weeks ago lost his leg today.

Such a sad story, but I think of the joy that the little boy (sorry I don't know his name) must have felt on spending time with Jake.

Jake is a legend

Actually mentioned to my wife it was awesome Nate was at the Eagles game because they were only giving him weeks when he was flown to Melbourne

Made you also think for a minute he might beat it....... :(

Actually mentioned to my wife it was awesome Nate was at the Eagles game because they were only giving him weeks when he was flown to Melbourne

Made you also think for a minute he might beat it....... :(
Yep it was awesome he was there and Jake King kept it low key which shows there is so much more to Jake King then what the media portrays.

On another note my son often talks about Tyler Fishlock and his family and how amazing they are. As a Tiger fan my son loves the involvement the RFC have with them.

Thanks Kingy for all the great memories and your great season in 2006 for the Coburg Tigers where you became a rookie Richmond Tiger.
You then became a champion small man who played with the tenacity Captain Blood would admire deeply.

From the Coburg FC
We here at Coburg Football Club would like to wish Jake King the very best in his future endeavours. Jake King played 36 games for the Coburg Football Club alongside his 107 game career at the Richmond Football Club. Congratulations on the career Kingy!

Recruited from the Tigers' then VFL affiliate Coburg after sharing that club's 2006 best and fairest award
1919637_668323349889526_1143225802198407281_n.jpg

All the best in your retirement as we all know there wont be a dull moment

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks Kingy for all the great memories and your great season in 2006 for the Coburg Tigers where you became a rookie Richmond Tiger.
You then became a champion small man who played with the tenacity Captain Blood would admire deeply.

From the Coburg FC
We here at Coburg Football Club would like to wish Jake King the very best in his future endeavours. Jake King played 36 games for the Coburg Football Club alongside his 107 game career at the Richmond Football Club. Congratulations on the career Kingy!

Recruited from the Tigers' then VFL affiliate Coburg after sharing that club's 2006 best and fairest award
View attachment 71105

All the best in your retirement as we all know there wont be a dull moment
Is that Tim Clarke in the background??

Is that Tim Clarke in the background??

Geez it looks like him though
Time for a google
Clarke was delisted by Hawks 2008.
So id say no i think he came 2009 to us ,unless photo is 2009 onwards
His body looks too big to be Tim Clarke's as he was known to us as Tiny Tim,but were comparing it o KINGY
Just checked photo properties of photo it was 2009 so i say its him

Probably not many outside of the RFC & supporters who get a rye little grin on their faces when the name Jake King is said....I think all that can be said about Jake has been/is being said on this thread. I will very much miss the Big Dog in a little body :thumbsu:. All the very best to you Jake King..

Dad and I were saying the same thing, bet Caro has a whine about this

Well he's no longer working there, he can drink a beer wherever the hell he likes now!!!

Just heard from a Geelong supporting mate that Joel Selwood was dropped off by Jake to Mad Monday, dressed as the Great Man. Imitation is the greatest form of flattery.

v42avr.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back