Toast Jake Lever Rd 17 Rising Star

Remove this Banner Ad

When I saw him in his first competitive game for the Crows I think, a trial v West Adelaide, he was barking orders, giving instruction, supporting team mates.

This was a man who just turned 19, without a single game on his record, off a knee reco, confident enough to lead. I knew he was going to be good from there.

I remember noticing the same at that game as well. His form was pretty scratchy as well and he had plenty of feedback given to him by Gowans but never stopped marshalling the troops.

Congrats Lever! Amazing game by him.

We have a young but talented back line.
Lever, Talia, Brown, Laird... with Shaw and Otten all with RS nominations. We going to have a great back line for many years to come! :)

Congrats Lever! Amazing game by him.

We have a young but talented back line.
Lever, Talia, Brown, Laird... with Shaw and Otten all with RS nominations. We going to have a great back line for many years to come! :)
The foundation is there, if we can recruit a couple of running half backs with elite disposal and Hartigan can hold down a spot, we will have a very good defence. Throw in Cheney, then we have Lever, Brown and Laird who all make good decisions in defence.

When I saw him in his first competitive game for the Crows I think, a trial v West Adelaide, he was barking orders, giving instruction, supporting team mates.

This was a man who just turned 19, without a single game on his record, off a knee reco, confident enough to lead. I knew he was going to be good from there.

You and me both Hank. He did look a fair way off the pace in that first trial game in terms of gauging the speed of the game, but there was something there to like and see promise in. I thought he might take longer to get the feel of the game, but the very next one he was completely up to speed.

We need to ensure he's played every game over the next couple of years and offered a good contract to avoid the inevitable "come home" overtures of Hawthorn etc .

Jake Lever gif Scorpus ?

Here's a bandwidth killing post for you

LMduPNC.gif

4Um3ACs.gif

idYMZhE.gif

ZVxAFhe.gif

qYpxfeX.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did Ben Hart play as a Key Defender but?

Rocket Maynard , Nigel Smart and Scott Lee helped protect Ben.

Memory is getting a bit rusty, but I recon he was on Plugger at Moorabin for quite a while in that 1st season - Plugger kicked about 10, and we got flogged.
I think he played on Ablett also the first year. I'd say that counts as a key defender.

Lever is fast becoming one of my favourite players. Loved his leadership in the Crows v Port SANFL game and it has transitioned to AFL level. Our backline maybe one of the youngest in the comp, but it is one of the smartest in terms of formation, adaptability and Footy nous.

Club has done well over the Triggy sanction period.
I think we are near the top in terms of Rising Star nominations. Pretty good when you consider our best draft pick has been pick 14 since 2011.

BTW since Randell was sacked we have still unearthed some real gems.

They gave him a pretty big wrap on Talking Footy. Watson said he should play 200-250 games, hes that good.
Surprising.

So we're talking Brent Reilly good?

I kid.

There's a lot to like about Lever. Nice skills, good decision making, and already fully confident in himself. Our backline is starting to look very solid. :thumbsu:

This kid is just ridiculously good for a 7 game player holding down a high-pressure spot. His composure under pressure puts most 200 game players to shame. It's almost - dare I say it - Jarman-esque the way he just seems to have all the time in the world, like he's moving in slow motion while everything around him is moving at top speed. Then he makes the right decision and hits the target. 92% efficiency has a bit of the D Jarmans about it, too!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back