Toast Jake Lever Rd 17 Rising Star

Remove this Banner Ad

presser:

looks like he's cultivating a dirty mo there! Tex and Lever, Mario Bros.

Love the kid, speaks like a 200 gamer.
Was there one of these going on in the background for anyone else that whole interview?
upload_2015-7-28_13-59-31.jpeg
or maybe
images
:D

Oh dear rowey, asked jake what score he got in yr 12. Jake said 44, rowey was like 44! 44! Even my daughter tori could get 44.

I heard that. Exceptionally rude to Jake, and then the following caller who he suggested was dumber than Lever (caller admitted he didn't finish school).

Time for a forced holiday.

Oh dear rowey, asked jake what score he got in yr 12. Jake said 44, rowey was like 44! 44! Even my daughter tori could get 44.

I thought I remembered hearing that Jake was one of these super bright kids. Must have him confused with someone else.

44 sounds poor but it roughly means he was just a touch below average, which considering he would have been focusing on his footy is probably reasonable.

I thought I remembered hearing that Jake was one of these super bright kids. Must have him confused with someone else.

44 sounds poor but it roughly means he was just a touch below average, which considering he would have been focusing on his footy is probably reasonable.
He sounds switched on, he did say he probably focused on footy a bit too much. Anyway I think he's got a fine career ahead and the way he speaks in sure he'll be fine after footy as well.

O'Brien is the one that has Mensa type intelligence going on his results.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually surprising hearing that about Lever. Going by the way he speaks, something tells me it's more to do with a lack of application, rather than intelligence.

I wonder what Rowe got in year 12, assuming he made it that far.

People who focus on sport over school will typically get a result like this. Doesn't mean anything about their intelligence.

Actually surprising hearing that about Lever. Going by the way he speaks, something tells me it's more to do with a lack of application, rather than intelligence.

I wonder what Rowe got in year 12, assuming he made it that far.
I'm sure Rowes results painted a picture.

Bicks also raised a point that some TER equivalent tests in VIC are out of 50. Not sure if that's true or not. alex_is_on_fire might know.

In Victoria we have the VCE which gives you an ATAR. Your ATAR is a score with a maximum of 99.95, with each subject scored out of 50. The subject scores, of which up to six are counted, are combined into the ATAR through magic.

TER was replaced by ATAR in South Australia around 5 years ago.

Lever would be referring to his ATAR of 44 if asked what score he achieved. A subject score of 44/50 is very high (due to a bell curve average of 30), but the question wasn't asking him about this.

Stupid question from Rowe 44 is surprisingly low though. After hearing him speak you'd expect him to be pretty intelligent and really even if you don't apply yourself too much you will get 60ish easily. Davis got 90+ while focusing on his footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back