Toast Jake Lever Rd 17 Rising Star

Remove this Banner Ad

Rowe asked about Jake's high school scores or similar - Jake said he got 44. Rowe then ridiculed him by saying even his daughter Tori (?0 could do better than that. In light of headaches comments I'm not sure whether this was a single subject score or a overall year 12 score. I thought it was an overall score out of 50 but it could be a subject score out of 50. Never mind - I think Rowey was rude to Jake and his daughter and needs a rocket. Suspect Jake has had some media training already which says 'don't argue and contradict these tools on air' - so he didn't - but all speculation on my part.

I think this is what really matters.

He should be thankful that his guests don't insult his intelligence on live radio.

I actually got 44 for my SACE back in 2001...

and yes, that was out of 100 - but that was also because I couldn't give a **** at the time and wasn't going to Uni.

Infact, by the time I did go to Uni at the age of 25/26, my high school scre was so irrelevant that I didn't even need to mention it

You can be 17 and do the adult entrance exam. As long as you have been out of an educational facility for more than 6 months (maybe 12) you can sit the adult entry exam for a university placement.

Year 12 isn't for everyone. Main stream education isn't for everyone.

If by 44 he meant his ATAR then it's a pretty meh score. Places him in the top 56 percentile of Vic kids I think.

Anyway who cares, he's paid to be a footballer.

Last edited:
Awesome, thanks. :thumbsu:

Ergo, Steven Rowe - shut your mouth and know your role.....you pie loving Jabroni.

Straight after a listener called up to guess the voice (that game they have on the show) and he guessed a politician. Rowe said he must be dumber than Lever to guess a politician on a sport show, then questioned what his score was at school and the listener admitted he didn't finish school.

Certified d-bag.

Straight after a listener called up to guess the voice (that game they have on the show) and he guessed a politician. Rowe said he must be dumber than Lever to guess a politician on a sport show, then questioned what his score was at school and the listener admitted he didn't finish school.

Certified d-bag.

He is a moron.

I got something like 45, I didnt sit my final exams. I had a job to go to and wasn't going to uni what was the point?

Stupid question from Rowe 44 is surprisingly low though. After hearing him speak you'd expect him to be pretty intelligent and really even if you don't apply yourself too much you will get 60ish easily. Davis got 90+ while focusing on his footy.

Trouble is Rowe in is inimitable style was comparing apples with oranges and clearly unaware Victoria and SA have different education systems apparently, when indeed Jake's 44 according to Scorpus above is very good in the Victorian system.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK, but that's not the way I read it?

Okay, fair enough. To end all confusion:
  • Lever was referencing his ATAR score
  • ATARs have a maximum score of 99.95
  • Lever's ATAR is 44
  • 44 is a below average ATAR
  • ATARs are irrelevant if you're not going to university

HAHA about Jakey having a punch on with Tex during a pre-season match session. He's got mayweather levels of swag if he's doing that in his 3rd or 4th week. Love him, Tex now has a rep after taking down Jaenschy 3 years ago.

Not sure how it all works anymore but I'm guessing that realising that Football was his priority he dropped some classes or did some alternative type stuff that doesn't contribute to the ATAR score, not that he just scored badly across the board.

Not sure how it all works anymore but I'm guessing that realising that Football was his priority he dropped some classes or did some alternative type stuff that doesn't contribute to the ATAR score, not that he just scored badly across the board.
That's very possible.

It's not out of 100 mate ... I think you will find 44 is in the top few % of students.

I remember when it went from being out 500 (5 subjects at 100 each) down to 100 (5 subjects at 20 each), and that caused people confusion !! The stuff that gets done now-a-days seems everyone is getting A+'s and near perfect entrance scores ... you need 99.9999998 or better to get into medicine !

Same thing happens at Uni, we would maybe see one High distinction per subject - if it was warranted. A few Distinctions, few more credits, the majority P1's and P2's ... most University Scores I see now are straight High Distinctions ??? WTF.

And finally, score shmores ... they mean NOTHING!

I can tell you that High Distinctions are still harder to get at Uni. I'm in a degree where you have to maintain a certain GPA or you get kicked out of that degree. I get the HD's and D's and I have consistently got higher scores than the others in my intake (as I should being a mature age student). Most of them haven't got the HD's, even though these are very bright kids who got over 90 in the TER in order to get into the degree. Medicine requires a 95 TER (as well as some other understandable requirements for acceptance).

I can tell you that High Distinctions are still harder to get at Uni. I'm in a degree where you have to maintain a certain GPA or you get kicked out of that degree. I get the HD's and D's and I have consistently got higher scores than the others in my intake (as I should being a mature age student). Most of them haven't got the HD's, even though these are very bright kids who got over 90 in the TER in order to get into the degree. Medicine requires a 95 TER (as well as some other understandable requirements for acceptance).

I have been studying at university (different degrees) for 30+ years.
I can assure you grades are generally much higher now.
For a start HD's did not even exist in my first degree.
I have also been a lecturer at uni. I was encouraged to pass at least 80% of the students.
Courses now are funded largely on graduating numbers, so it is in their interests to pass students.
In my first degree it was woefully underfunded and the interest was in failing students. I think about 80% failed first year (electronic engineering). Not that any of this is relevant.

Anyway, I also know for a fact Jake Lever is highly intelligent and as smart as he comes across in the media. Not sure what this high school grade is he referred to but in any event if it is not good this is not a reflection of his intellect. Kudos to him too for remaining polite to that numskull Rowie.

Having taught first-year mathematics topics for several years now, I can confirm that High Distinctions are very rare grades. In a class of 100 students I would be lucky to get 5, and that's teaching a topic that is literally just re-teaching what the kids were supposed to learn in year 12.

I am definitely encouraged to pass more students, but sometimes it's just not possible. A lot of students in first year just shouldn't be there and no amount of hand-holding, lowering the grade requirements, or simplifying exams and assignments will get them through.

44 sounds like a poor grade but all it really means is "marginally worse than average" which is not all that bad when you consider he probably spent he whole year rehabbing and focusing on footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back