Jake Stringer

Remove this Banner Ad

Would love to see Stringer play in the midfield, Imagine the awesome foursome that is Libba, Macrae, Bonti and Stringer!
Can't really see it happening anytime soon though since we have huge depth in the midfield and leaving him in the forward line currently adds more to the team, would love to see him get stints in the midfield though and play 20-25% game time there for the next couple of seasons before transitioning to a full time midfielder in a few seasons, It gives him time to build his tank as well. I've said this for ages but i wouldn't be surprised to see Stringer become the best player on our list in 3 years time, which is a pretty big thing to say when we have guys with massive scope like Macrae and Bonti (Libba goes alright too).

Have been really impressed with Stringer lately, has kicked 11 goals in his past 4 games (with a 4 and 5 goal haul) for an average of 2.75 goals per game. Pump another pre season into him as well as him coming into his third season next year which is when most players start improving dramatically and he could be a beast with 40-50 goals in 2015 (his already our equal second leading goal scorer from 8 games).

While I'm not a orthopedic surgeon I don't see why he wouldn't/can't get his old pace, explosiveness and power back he had that horrific break pre draft and I'm assuming we did our due diligence and he had numerous medicals etc, etc. I don't think we would of taken him at pick #5 especially when we weren't committed to him at that stage if the medical staff weren't confident he would be able to gain that power 100% back.

Last edited:

manbaby.jpg

Stringer is at the game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

another great effort by Jakey today. I like the way this kid is coming about with his football smarts, starting to look like a damaging seasoned midfield/forward player

Love the J-String, what a player he is goingng to be wether it is forward or in the midfield. Remember when he was playing defence at the beginning if the year, oh Macca. Great that he moved him back to forward though, good coaching.

Can't wait for more of those career goals videos.

Alan Richardson sent six opponents to him, finishing with Sam Fisher for 38 minutes after Stringer slotted two on James Gwilt in 21 minutes.

Stringer’s attention will undoubtedly turn to changing nappies as well as AFL games and for optimistic Dogs fans he has 75 games to go until qualifying for the father-son rule.

He has been awesome, but I think he might completely tear a game to shreds soon, 4-6 goals with 25+ disposals. He is moving so well at the moment and his core strength is something else!

He has been awesome, but I think he might completely tear a game to shreds soon, 4-6 goals with 25+ disposals. He is moving so well at the moment and his core strength is something else!
Yeah he's been great but still hasn't put in a great four quarter effort, but at least he definitely hasn't been a liability in any quarter lately. Agree that he is just ready to absolutely tear a game apart, it is coming!! Just by memory, lately he's kicked most of his goals in the first half id think. Gets to 3 or 4 goals quickly then doesn't kick any more. Think he will be at least a top 3 player at the club within 2-3 years, can't believe there were people writing him off already :eek:

16.3 in the last six weeks, and last week if it wasn't for poor kicking probably should have had another bag of 4.

When he's getting the 3rd or 4th tall each week, look out! So good at ground level and good enough in the air. Somebody put 5cm on him!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back