Jake Stringer

Remove this Banner Ad

Think he can also add some contested/pack marking to his game. Just thinks he can break any tackle at this level now. Love it. We finally have some swagger back on the list.

I think he will but if he can improve this he would without doubt become our most important player. I think another year of adding a couple of kgs to his already massive frame will help him in that regard. His ground ability and his speed for a player his size resembles a bit of buddy particularly his finishing from tight angles.

kids a freak. at the start of the year was my biggest question mark of our young star core (Bonts, Macrae, Hunter, Hrovat) but right now he's playing the best footy. Just hard to match up on and believes he can kill the opposition. Obviously loves playing footy. Nailing his pick would be a huge win for Macca because it was a monster risk and meant we had to back in our development and medical team.

i know when we were up and so were Hawthorn i used to freak out whenever Buddy went near the ball. I just knew he could do something extraordinary no matter what. Stringer will do that to opposition fans also. Look at a couple of his goals today and ask yourself, who in the afl does that?

i know when we were up and so were Hawthorn i used to freak out whenever Buddy went near the ball. I just knew he could do something extraordinary no matter what. Stringer will do that to opposition fans also. Look at a couple of his goals today and ask yourself, who in the afl does that?

Out of anyone in the comp I think he resembles buddy the most, purely because of his leading ability and his ground level skills/confidence to do things others can't. I cannot wait until he starts taking more contested marks inside 50.

Don't get how nobody can tackle him! Either he's a lot stronger than he looks or is very quick off the mark.
Bit of column A, bit of column b. He's very strong and he's got great burst speed.

Lance Franklin, Dustin Martin, thats about all I can think of who can match his power, skill and agility.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Slightly off topic but I loved the Easton Wood crunching tackle on Curren as he ran into goal (a bit later in that vid). Especially on a day when our tackling was so bad. Easton showed how it should be done.

that tackle hurt, just watching it

it was brilliant

more of that :drunk:

Stringer continues to amaze though, reads the play so well
can't wait to see what he can do once he has the tank to go into the midfield

his kick to Crameri just highlighted his class

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-08-10/five-talking-points-st-kilda-v-western-bulldogs

1. Super Stringer
Is this a future Coleman medallist? Three goals in the first half and one after the main break saw Jake Stringer put in his fourth multi-goal performance since round 15. The 20-year-old was too strong and mobile for Sam Fisher and wowed the crowd with his antics in front of goal. In the first quarter, he shirked both Fisher and Shane Savage as they tried to tackle him before he shook off James Gwilt and charged through a gap in the Saints' defensive set up to run into goal. Then, he showed off his sublime foot skills up the other end in the second quarter when he kicked an inside-out banana on his right foot from a difficult angle.

"Antics" as fitting and amusing as that description is, I suspect that Jennifer may have been better served using arrogance.

Has surged to equal 5th in the Rising star odds. Forgeting just bonts, imagine a 1 - 2 finish irrespective of who won, what a result that would be.
Pretty amazing for a bloke who hasn't even been nominated (yet) with just 3 rounds to play!

Maybe we need to get Abby induced early this week so he doesn't have to take paternity leave next weekend!

Has surged to equal 5th in the Rising star odds. Forgeting just bonts, imagine a 1 - 2 finish irrespective of who won, what a result that would be.
Who in their right mind would back Stringer for the rising star? I love the bloke. He's had a RIPPING month. But not enough to win the rising star. The sheep mentality of punters is astounding sometimes :drunk:

What they really should be doing is be jumping on him for the Brownlow next year.

Yeah he's been great but still hasn't put in a great four quarter effort, but at least he definitely hasn't been a liability in any quarter lately. Agree that he is just ready to absolutely tear a game apart, it is coming!! Just by memory, lately he's kicked most of his goals in the first half id think. Gets to 3 or 4 goals quickly then doesn't kick any more. Think he will be at least a top 3 player at the club within 2-3 years, can't believe there were people writing him off already :eek:

16.3 in the last six weeks, and last week if it wasn't for poor kicking probably should have had another bag of 4.

When he's getting the 3rd or 4th tall each week, look out! So good at ground level and good enough in the air. Somebody put 5cm on him!

He kicked 3 of his 5 against Essendoom in the second half? I agree he needs to improve a little in that area but he's only mirroring the team performance imo...... I didn't think he'll be moving as good as he is at the moment so soon in his career..

When he adds the contested marking to his game and expands that engine of his nobody is going to stop him......What would GWS do it they had there picks in that draft again?

Prob reminded me of Dusty as much as anyone - but without an appendage on his forhead :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back