Jake Stringer

King Harold

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 23, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Cleveland Indians
Who in their right mind would back Stringer for the rising star? I love the bloke. He's had a RIPPING month. But not enough to win the rising star. The sheep mentality of punters is astounding sometimes :drunk:

What they really should be doing is be jumping on him for the Brownlow next year.

Baah , Baah !

If Stringer added contested pack type marking to his game would he have the attributes to become either the next Pavlich or better still the next God??? (Ablett Snr).

Yeah. I know he's not literally crashing packs, but he took two sensational contested marks right. in. front. of. me. yesterday.

I'm not sure what more a 20 year old can realistically be asked to do...

One day, one sweet day, Jesse Stringer will become the poor man's Jake. And all the commentators will fall into line, in awe and in obedience.

Even Dermie. ;)

Trent85

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
And watch Dusty get the nomination....

Me thinks Stringer will get up...
Untitled.jpg

TMoney22

Premiership Player
Sep 15, 2010
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Utah Jazz, San Jose Sharks
Wow 20yrs old and currently our best forward. I want Stringer to have licence to do what ever he wants. That confidence allows him to go back and stop an opposition as he did this week.
What a gun.
Haven't been that excited at a game for a long time when he got those 2 goals.

NagoyaDog

Team Captain
Mar 25, 2008
Williamstown
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray FC
The reaction from myself and fellow Dogs supporters to Jake's goals, was complete amazement and disbelief. I started laughing and turned around and saw others shaking thier heads and laughing. From the time Jake kicked that first goal in a NAB cup game last year, he always looks like doing something, dare I say it "special". Bruce will have to come up with some new ones for our Jake.

The reaction from myself and fellow Dogs supporters was complete amazement and disbelief. I started laughing and turned around and saw others shaking thier heads and laughing. From the time Jake kicked that first goal in a NAB cup game last year, he always looks like doing something, dare I say it "special". Bruce will have to come up with some new ones for our Jake.

Maybe The String will replace Hodge in Bruce's good books.

Wouldn't it be nice to hear, "Oh, isn't he marvellous?" or "He's in control of this game now!" whenever Jake gets the ball (or sometimes, even when he doesn't :p ).

Gee, I'm on fire today!!

Even with this gif being in the poor quality and hastily thrown together, I could still watch it forever...I actually prefer this one to the second nomination

js-goty-o.gif
I like this one too. It's his signature move, to shed defenders and either banana the goal or Daicos it.
It's insane how he takes possession 70m out and side-foot dribbles it through from 5m, not by covering open country but by side-stepping and swatting off Saints defenders as if they were flies. It's a combination of vision, belief, arrogance, pace, agility and frightening power. I love it!

He is just 20 years and 108 days old.

PJPoet

Senior List
Jul 6, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Watching live I was worried he might have ran a bit too far before kicking but I'm glad it wasn't called!

Back