Oppo Camp James Aish, (Traded to Freo 2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

Easy Tiger. There is only one true Messiah.

Wow, some high expectations there!

I think you guys are misinterpreting me.

I'm not saying I expect him to be as good as Pendlebury or even that he currently looks like he'll be that good, I'm just saying in the way he moves and stuff (based on highlights) he kinda seems like Pendlebury, but with a touch more foot speed.

Nick Dal Santo clone but bigger kick and a touch more inside player doesn't do a hell of a lot but will kill ya if your not paying attention

Pendlebury didn't have these written about him coming into the draft...

"I'm not the loudest person," Aish told AFL.com.au.
"I think with me I don't naturally say the big things like 'Come on boys, let's do this'. I try to make sure whatever I say I make count."
As perhaps the most craved-for player of this year's NAB AFL Draft, Aish makes a lot of things count.
On the field he holds the ball as long as he can, and waits for the right option to arrive. When it doesn't, he thinks quick to work out what to do next.
He is known for barely missing a kick, and he's dangerous around goal because it only takes him one chance to make you pay. Teammates get the ball to him because they know he isn't going to waste it.
Aish is in the top handful of prospects this year after his brilliant last season. Then, as a 16-year-old, the smart midfielder won NAB AFL Under-18 All-Australian selection for his showings for South Australia.
He then topped that by starring in Norwood's senior SANFL premiership, even kicking a memorable running goal during the Grand Final at AAMI Stadium.
They [recruiters] need only ask why he wants to play at the top level to find out a little more about him.
"Obviously it's something you love and to get a chance to do it professionally…it makes sense it'd be a really good thing," he says.
"But just training, getting the best out of yourself and then hopefully being able to play in front of 90,000 people on a Friday night. That would be an amazing thing."

"But just training, getting the best out of yourself and then hopefully being able to play in front of 90,000 people on a Friday night. That would be an amazing thing."
He has come to the right club for that ☺

He has come to the right club for that ☺
Anyone would think he wanted to come here all along:rolleyes:

Facebook heroes.
Ah, good old Facebook. I started getting abused for saying it was desperate for Brisbane to be offering Schache a long term contract off the back of 0 games on one of the AFL pages. Ended up trolling the guy for an entire day before he finally worked out what I was doing :D

Anyone would think he wanted to come here all along:rolleyes:
Surely that couldn't be the case, eh KJpie ? ;)

Nick Dal Santo clone but bigger kick and a touch more inside player doesn't do a hell of a lot but will kill ya if your not paying attention

Dal Santo does not get Stopped Too Often and Aish will get better in handling a Opposition player on him

Based of previous occasions and with Jeremy Howe going down, I think it's very likely he may start in the forward line as a resting midfielder/forward. Just for a start. I may be way off, but I've seen this occur many times,and i hear he is a good forward. I hope it doesn't happen honestly. But i can just see it happening..

(Reiterating.. I don't want it to happen.)

Based of previous occasions and with Jeremy Howe going down, I think it's very likely he may start in the forward line as a resting midfielder/forward. Just for a start. I may be way off, but I've seen this occur many times,and i hear he is a good forward. I hope it doesn't happen honestly. But i can just see it happening..

(Reiterating.. I don't want it to happen.)
Doubt it will happen. Seems to be playing off half back flank/wing at training in match simulations.

Doubt it will happen. Seems to be playing off half back flank/wing at training in match simulations.
Sometimes match simulations aren't the best indicator of where guys are going to play, because you need twice as many guys for every position, so while KPPs might stick pretty strictly to where the club wants to play them, sometimes guys who are more versatile get moved around into roles slightly different to where they'd end up.

For instance, they might stick Sidebottom on a HFF when he'll be playing more midfield because they want other guys to get more midfield time in the practice matches.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He will be the surprise packet of the 2015 pick-ups. I think people forget he has only been 2 years in the system (with an exceptional first year and a very interrupted second year) with a s**t club and has played in the AFL as a teenager. Significant improvement lies ahead for this kid but he has the makings of being an exceptional footballer.

Can't wait to see him on the park in the black and white!

I think it's pretty obvious he'll be much better than that.
I don't think there are too many much better than that...

Simon Black is perhaps the most underrated player of the last 20 years.

When spring comes everyone is looking over their shoulder for the Magpies!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back