Traded James Aish (2013-2015)

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe we can fly-in weekly supplies of Balfours pies and peas.

After all, I can now source Tasmanian scallop pies in Brisvegas which brings home ever so much closer.

I've never had one of these and now find myself looking up where you can get them. Looks like I'm dropping in at windsor on the weekend. Best post in the last 5 pages, cheers.

I've never had one of these and now find myself looking up where you can get them. Looks like I'm dropping in at windsor on the weekend. Best post in the last 5 pages, cheers.

Look closely at the fine print- don't fall for buying the Salmon and Brie pie, which is a very poor option compared to the scallop pie on my experience which, I might add, is very extensive.

oh tassie ! nothing like a fresh scollop pie from the ross bakery or even from habour lights cafe on hobarts water front !!!

you poor bugger missing out on the delicacies of Tasmanian life

P.S for those who dont know the team ace coaches down here has charmo and alan didak as ring ins in this weekend ! and they are spouting how they will try to get browny down here next year !! as if ! will die to see him in black and white

P.S for those who dont know the team ace coaches down here has charmo and alan didak as ring ins in this weekend ! and they are spouting how they will try to get browny down here next year !! as if ! will die to see him in black and white

Funnily enough, at the end of 2008 I remember thinking I would die if I saw Browny in black and white too.

Funnily enough, at the end of 2008 I remember thinking I would die if I saw Browny in black and white too.
Yep - that champagne they had on ice must have tasted bitter when finally opened - FLOGS!

oh tassie ! nothing like a fresh scollop pie from the ross bakery or even from habour lights cafe on hobarts water front !!!

you poor bugger missing out on the delicacies of Tasmanian life

Again, based on extensive personal research, the best scallop pies come from the pie van at the weekly Salamanca Markets. Almost worth the price of the airfare in themselves.

Again, based on extensive personal research, the best scallop pies come from the pie van at the weekly Salamanca Markets. Almost worth the price of the airfare in themselves.

I'm thinking I need to make a long overdue trip to Tassie for the first time.

How's Smile-watch/Mouthguard-watch 2014 going?

Based on my son's white and blue flecked mouthguard he's going to a family of hippies next year based on current analysis. (I reckon James will stay. Quiet bloke, works hard. Might cost us a bit to keep him though).

And to think I came here to read about James Aish.

At least I'm now aware of what pies they sell in Tasmania, which I'm not sure how they relate to young James, but carry on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How's Smile-watch/Mouthguard-watch 2014 going?

Based on my son's white and blue flecked mouthguard he's going to a family of hippies next year based on current analysis. (I reckon James will stay. Quiet bloke, works hard. Might cost us a bit to keep him though).
What he said! :thumbsu:

EjBKiSa.png

[freddie foto - *edit - 2014, NAB Lions vs HAW Docklands]

Last edited:
And to think I came here to read about James Aish.

At least I'm now aware of what pies they sell in Tasmania, which I'm not sure how they relate to young James, but carry on.
fair point Dylan12 ! but if a box or two of them gets him across the line then its worth discussing.

noted and accepted

Aish’s management was first approached by Brisbane before the silky-smooth teenager even played a senior game but is likely to put off any contract talks until the end of the year. He would attract the most attention if he delayed re-signing with Brisbane any further with both South Australian clubs keen to lure him home while the Gold Coast could be a left-field wildcard. Aish spent a week on the Gold Coast with Suns captain Gary Ablett last year before being drafted by the Lions with pick No.7 and has become a good friend of the dual Brownlow Medallist. While the Suns would have the salary cap room to possibly make a play for Aish, Gold Coast recruiting boss Scott Clayton said the club’s focus was on player retention.

Aish’s management was first approached by Brisbane before the silky-smooth teenager even played a senior game but is likely to put off any contract talks until the end of the year. He would attract the most attention if he delayed re-signing with Brisbane any further with both South Australian clubs keen to lure him home while the Gold Coast could be a left-field wildcard. Aish spent a week on the Gold Coast with Suns captain Gary Ablett last year before being drafted by the Lions with pick No.7 and has become a good friend of the dual Brownlow Medallist. While the Suns would have the salary cap room to possibly make a play for Aish, Gold Coast recruiting boss Scott Clayton said the club’s focus was on player retention.

haha in breaking news yet an other sub editor misses the point of the writer - and his Machiavellian attempt at a Qclash dig - Must be the work experience kid? He's learned the style but missed an opportunity.

Lions happy to spend more to retain emerging crop

THE BRISBANE Lions are confident of retaining their exciting crop of first-year players long-term, and they are prepared to spend a little extra to do so. The club lost five first round draftees due to homesickness at the end of last season and is desperate to avoid a repeat occurrence this time around. Warren said he understood player managers wanting to hold off a little longer to get a better deal for their clients, who are becoming increasingly more valuable to the Lions. "We'd like to get something done with the majority of them by the end of this year, but with that said, if not this year, we're happy for early next year. There's no urgency," Warren said.

Aside from having another 15 months on each contract, Warren is comforted by the feedback he is getting. The Lions added three development/assistant coaches this year in Mitch Hahn, Matt Francis and Simon Black, who are each responsible for dealing with eight players on an individual basis. Black has a 'mentoring' role with Aish, among others. First and second-year players are also granted extra time to return to their home states to visit families. "Most of them (managers) have been really happy and how their players have settled in. For them, there's no real urgency to sign right now because they're just finishing their first year," Warren said.

"We're not concerned about guys leaving and going home at this point because they're loving their environment … and the group's close. "The feedback we're getting is super-positive. "If they're happy to consider extending right now, then we'll do that, but there's no real rush at this stage."

Not sure I'll rest easy on the go home factor unless Aish re-signs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back