Traded James Aish (2013-2015)

Remove this Banner Ad

Going by that article, he is as good as signed.

Aish.PNG

Going by that article, he is as good as signed.

Aish.PNG

This is not a positive statement in my opinion :cool:

"In my head, I've got a year to go, so I'm not too worried. I'm looking to have a big year and hoping the team can do as well as possible.
"I'm really excited about the team.

"I can see how the public could perceive it and they want something done, but I'm not too stressed out at the moment."

First he said at the end of the the last H&A season, then he postponed it until after the break, then he postponed it until the end of the pre-season and now it seems like he is postponing it again until sometime next year.

Yeah, I'd be looking at who we can trade in for our 2 x first round draft picks at the end of the 2015 season :footy:

Simply cannot see Aish signing a new contract

Harden up.
Are you talking about Aish?

If you're talking about us, would you like to tell us why? I am not depressed if he doesn't want to stay with us, couldn't give a * actully. If he wants to leave, fine lets get what we can from him.

Poor post by you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I only reckon that the panic is only generated by the fact that 6 blokes nicked off last year and every other draftee from his year got re-signed quite early. If its the end of the season with no signs of progression then I would say is a time to get concerned. Until such a scenario arises I won't be too concerned about it.

Quigley would love to hear your thoughts on how aish has progressed. Reading back you seemed less than impressed on him as a junior and would love to hear what you think about how is game has improved and what you still think he needs to work on. Of all lions posters I think you are the most knowledgeable on things like these so would love to hear your thoughts if you don't mind taking the time out of your day to reply.

Geez Bill, hope you didn't take a hit before you blew all that smoke up his arse! :D

Are you talking about Aish?

If you're talking about us, would you like to tell us why? I am not depressed if he doesn't want to stay with us, couldn't give a **** actully. If he wants to leave, fine lets get what we can from him.

Poor post by you.

I'd say it's a general clip to all who are getting pessimistic about a young bloke not signing a new contract halfway through his existing one.

You said yourself he'd postponed to the end of the pre-season. Now I'm no big-time fancy lawyer, but I'd be waiting until the end of the pre-season (which is over 3 months away) before I decided my knickers should be in knots.

First he said at the end of the the last H&A season, then he postponed it until after the break, then he postponed it until the end of the pre-season and now it seems like he is postponing it again until sometime next year.

Not strictly true. Negotiations were postponed until the pre-season and as the article itself says "negotiations with the Lions are tentatively underway".

personally, i wish he'd either re-sign or announce he's leaving ... it's the not knowing that does your head in.

based on past experiences it would seem the longer the matter is unresolved the more likely he will leave.

personally, i wish he'd either re-sign or announce he's leaving ... it's the not knowing that does your head in.

based on past experiences it would seem the longer the matter is unresolved the more likely he will leave.

its true, if the longer someone doesn't sign a contract the more likely he is to leave in the future.

on the other hand he if he signs a contract earlier he is less likely to be leaving

If I was Aish, I wouldn't be signing a contract right now either. I'm sure we'd be offering him a pretty lucrative deal but being a youngster there is no need to rush. I'd be taking my time and letting my football do the talking for me.

Worrying is like a rocking chair, it will give you something to do. But it won't get you anywhere.

I like the fact that he recognises the challenge of breaking into a midfield that is going to be significantly stronger than this year. If he makes it he will have something pretty decent to negotiate with, and so will the Lions. If he doesn't, he could leave but will possibly be seen as not up to it. I don't think he would like that one bit. We could help our cause by playing finals and smashing Port and the Crows when we meet. Then we'll have a position to negotiate from.

If I was Aish, I wouldn't be signing a contract right now either. I'm sure we'd be offering him a pretty lucrative deal but being a youngster there is no need to rush. I'd be taking my time and letting my football do the talking for me.

Worrying is like a rocking chair, it will give you something to do. But it won't get you anywhere.

nice simile

I agree with carnthemlions - "Unlike Boyd, Aish is far from unique".

Good midfielders are relatively easy to come by - what is important is that the club has a large group of good midfielders (which we are well on the way to achieving). As good as Aish might become, he is replaceable and I don't want him to remain a Lion unless he buys into the team.

I agree with carnthemlions - "Unlike Boyd, Aish is far from unique".

Good midfielders are relatively easy to come by - what is important is that the club has a large group of good midfielders (which we are well on the way to achieving). As good as Aish might become, he is replaceable and I don't want him to remain a Lion unless he buys into the team.

And if Liam "dodgy deals" Pickering is asking for silly money - we'll then he can start working out what deal he can get for the Lions in trade week :cool:

3 seasons @ $300K would be the max. I'd be offering :footy:

With D.Beams - Rockliff - Hanley - Redden - Zorko - Rich - Mayes - Christensen - Robinson - Taylor - Bewick - C.Beams all signed up long term, Aish is not as high a priority as he would have been 12 months ago (especially with the host of promising mids coming through).

Keays next year too :thumbsu:

meh.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back