James Aish

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade hypothetical

Brisbrane receive: Petrenko, johnston, mckernan, CEY, shaw, and our first rounder (top ten possibly)
Adelaide receive: Aish, martin
LOL When joking you should really put an a smiley in your post. You're not the first to to suggest off loading some of our deadwood but you have added more than most. I'm surprised you didn't throw in Porplyzia, Graham and Reilly as well. And you think these names enhance to the trade?

You never know but we we may be able to grab him this year with our first plus something extra say Lyons as an example. This would give Brisbane 2 picks in the top 10 with the 2nd of those picks used for Weller which would be around the mark for him.

Would our lack of interest in jesse aish come back to bite us when we chase james?

The same Jesse Aish that every other AFL club has passed over? I wouldn't think so... that would be fairly petty

I think Adelaide's biggest challenge is whether or not Aish feels like he owes Brisbane anything...

While I feel for Brisbane they are in the same position we are with a number of players - always the risk of the 'go home factor'. And I agree with other posters that this is a major major consideration in drafting interstate kids.

Brisbane always knew this was a big risk as Aish didn't hide it at the time of the draft IIRC. As long as the deal is fair to all and transparent then I have no problem with Aish coming home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i think he was just getting confused with someone else.

jesse had/has talent to burn and is a great guy. injuries just got the better of him unfortunately.

Brisbane are rooted. They don't help themselves though. They could've had Tippett if they weren't so tight. 12 and Polec would've done it but no they backed themselves in to change Polec's mind and lost him for squat. They won't go after Lachie Weller. If they were smart they would trade Aish to us for our first rounder and a second rounder we get for Lyons or Otten from a vic club then use our first on Weller. He's the best footballer to come out of Qld for years but he'll end up somewhere else and during his career a dozen kids will leave Brisbane. They don't do enough to go after what Queensland talent there is. Yet over 50% of their first round picks have gone home. They are in long term trouble and need to suck up some reality. Focus on drafting country kids and when Queenslanders come along they should be at a premium.

On top of all of which, according to Swann their debt by the end of the year will be $12m

Got some real challenges

Hey guys. Sorry to disappoint but there is 0%chance we would trade Aish this year. We would get absolutly whitewashed by the media and our supporters if we did.
Chance next year but Aish looks pretty happy over here and our kids are all growing up together. Has a great mate in Mayes (who is also SA cheers ;)) and he is very happy in Brisbane and just signed a 3 year deal.

Hey guys. Sorry to disappoint but there is 0%chance we would trade Aish this year. We would get absolutly whitewashed by the media and our supporters if we did.
Chance next year but Aish looks pretty happy over here and our kids are all growing up together. Has a great mate in Mayes (who is also SA cheers ;)) and he is very happy in Brisbane and just signed a 3 year deal.

Indeed, plus it'd be pretty hard to ask the AFL for salary cap help to keep your first to 4th year players if you give them away after the first year

I agree - the only way to even get Brisbane talking would to be talking the kind of trade we won't want to do.

The only slim chance is if Aish says I'm going next year please trade me now, and we offer something good.

Not really sure Aish is that kind of kid - he would have plenty of counsel around him which may be to be seen to do the right thing , work out your contract and then reassess at end of 2015

Think you're kidding yourselves if you think you'll be getting Aish from us, either this year or next. Leigh Matthews has openly stated that what happened to us last year will never happen again. He will make an example of Aish if he decides to leave, he doesn't care if we lose him for nothing. Would be a different story if you or Port had a genuine gun key forward to offer us, but you don't. It will be pre season draft or staying at Brisbane for Aish. He will then need to decide whether Brisbane is all that bad or will he take his chances and maybe end up at GWS, West Coast, Melbourne or any other teams that will snaffle him before Port or Adelaide get a pick. We would rather lose Aish than our next 5 draft picks who think they can come to Brisbane then leave after their first 2 years to their club of choice. Aish will be paid overs to stay, we know that, but he won't be at Adelaide or Port after the end of this contract. Swann is our new CEO, Lethal will be our new Chairman soon enough, the tide is turning. We were a rabble but things are changing pretty quickly for us. We have a very good young list and success is not as far away as it looked before. We have beefed up our welfare department and we are getting great feedback from players parents and managers alike.

Think you're kidding yourselves if you think you'll be getting Aish from us, either this year or next. Leigh Matthews has openly stated that what happened to us last year will never happen again. He will make an example of Aish if he decides to leave, he doesn't care if we lose him for nothing. Would be a different story if you or Port had a genuine gun key forward to offer us, but you don't. It will be pre season draft or staying at Brisbane for Aish. He will then need to decide whether Brisbane is all that bad or will he take his chances and maybe end up at GWS, West Coast, Melbourne or any other teams that will snaffle him before Port or Adelaide get a pick. We would rather lose Aish than our next 5 draft picks who think they can come to Brisbane then leave after their first 2 years to their club of choice. Aish will be paid overs to stay, we know that, but he won't be at Adelaide or Port after the end of this contract. Swann is our new CEO, Lethal will be our new Chairman soon enough, the tide is turning. We were a rabble but things are changing pretty quickly for us. We have a very good young list and success is not as far away as it looked before. We have beefed up our welfare department and we are getting great feedback from players parents and managers alike.
Sheesh - one win over the neighbours and they're up and about

Remove this Banner Ad

Back