James Frawley to Fremantle?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would you people think about trading say a second rounder and a young-ish depth player (Crozier???) for a key defender. Personally I don't know who else is available in terms of guys not old enough to be a free agents but if the right player became available I would like to see us at least have a go. We need another ready to go defender as McPharlin will probably retire, Silvagni quite simply isn't good enough, Smith is unproven and Pearce/Vandeleur won't be ready.

Once we re-sign Fyfe and Mundy we probably won't have enough for Frawley but we'll need a kpp. Wasting salary cap on players like Gibbs who are surplus to requirements and will simply slow down the development of our youngsters should be seriously discouraged IMO.

What would you people think about trading say a second rounder and a young-ish depth player (Crozier???) for a key defender. Personally I don't know who else is available in terms of guys not old enough to be a free agents but if the right player became available I would like to see us at least have a go. We need another ready to go defender as McPharlin will probably retire, Silvagni quite simply isn't good enough, Smith is unproven and Pearce/Vandeleur won't be ready.

Once we re-sign Fyfe and Mundy we probably won't have enough for Frawley but we'll need a kpp. Wasting salary cap on players like Gibbs who are surplus to requirements and will simply slow down the development of our youngsters should be seriously discouraged IMO.

Swap key defender for key forward then I would say yes.

What would you people think about trading say a second rounder and a young-ish depth player (Crozier???) for a key defender.

Trades don't work that way. You don't get a first round quality player for 2 2nd-round quality players.

Trades don't work that way. You don't get a first round quality player for 2 2nd-round quality players.
I never suggested that 2 2nd rounders = a 1st rounder. It is likely a second rounder won't get us anything decent unless we finish bottom 6 which won't happen. We're looking at a pick in the mid 30s I'd say if not late 30s after the effects of free agency kick in. I'd say Crozier would bump the value of the pick up to mid 20s. Maybe I should've made myself more clear that all would expect out of this trade is a good solid player not someone nearly of the quality of James Frawley. Can't even think of who this player could be but I reckon we could've got Pearce or Sylvia for similar value if we were forced to trade.

I never suggested that 2 2nd rounders = a 1st rounder. It is likely a second rounder won't get us anything decent unless we finish bottom 6 which won't happen. We're looking at a pick in the mid 30s I'd say if not late 30s after the effects of free agency kick in. I'd say Crozier would bump the value of the pick up to mid 20s. Maybe I should've made myself more clear that all would expect out of this trade is a good solid player not someone nearly of the quality of James Frawley. Can't even think of who this player could be but I reckon we could've got Pearce or Sylvia for similar value if we were forced to trade.

I reckon we could get Butcher from port for that sort of a trade and I wouldn't be totally against it.

I say again to the doubters of Frawley - the guy is an AA. He fights against the odds in a scum team every week - rarely beaten and makes good decisions when he has the ball. I know it's hard to watch MelTANK games, but next time you do, just spend some time watching his personal performance. No he is not worth 800k per season but he has quashed talk of those fanciful numbers himself. Just because some bozo journo mentions a price like that, it doesn't mean it's gospel people! If his manager has hinted to club list managers that he might be interested in a change of scenery, then Bondy will be all over it. I guarantee it. But there will be some solid competition to get his signature.

"bog average".......... FFS have a real look.

I reckon we could get Butcher from port for that sort of a trade and I wouldn't be totally against it.

As someone who spent a fair bit of time in Radelaide, and who's watched his fair share of Port/Crows matches, what exactly has Butcher done to justify trading for him?

Assuming that we do get a free agent. Dare I say we wont get either Frawley or Gibbs?

Neither Pearce D or Sylvia C was even guessed as a possible free agent for us. It will be someone we dont expect.

I don't rate him, Wig. Seems to be a bit flakey and looks too weak to be of any use against your gorilla-type defenders you get these days.

Just had a read of Hawks board, some there seem to think they'll get either Mundy or Frawley (if not both) themselves.
Confident mob, but it's not an entirely misplaced confidence.

I'd rather throw the farm at who we have, personally.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just had a read of Hawks board, some there seem to think they'll get either Mundy or Frawley (if not both) themselves.
Confident mob, but it's not an entirely misplaced confidence.

I'd rather throw the farm at who we have, personally.

I had a few Hawks fans from that board tell me (a while back) that they'll get Stephen Hill to come play with his brother. They seemed like they genuinely believe they're a chance to do that, so I wouldn't read too much into what's posted there.

If Butcher fixes his kicking he could be very useful as a tall flanker.

Griffiths has great hands, I think he is the best mark at the Tigers, is decent around the ground and they keep persisting with Vickery in his preferred position. He is the one I would target.

Assuming that we do get a free agent. Dare I say we wont get either Frawley or Gibbs?

Neither Pearce D or Sylvia C was even guessed as a possible free agent for us. It will be someone we dont expect.

Yeh Shark, but Pearce and Sylvia weren't the only ones we chased either. There's no secret that Bondy looked into several others. We would be lucky to land every one we had a crack at.

McPharlin won't be there next year. All good things come to an end and unfortunately the career of Luke McPharlin is closing in on the finish.

How in the hell do you know that for certain?

Quote a source with credibility, tell us that you're Luke's mum, or just don't spout s**t like that,

If Butcher fixes his kicking he could be very useful as a tall flanker.

Griffiths has great hands, I think he is the best mark at the Tigers, is decent around the ground and they keep persisting with Vickery in his preferred position. He is the one I would target.

Griffiths is not a very mobile chap.

One also wonders whether we fans should be so obsessive about chasing top KPPs. Look at Hawthorn minus Buddy vs Sydney with Buddy/Tippet. The current status of the game is making it bloody hard for big forwards - T Cloke, Reiwoldt being other examples. Heck how many big forwards kick bags against Ross Lyon teams? Essendon kept kicking it long to Daniher etc hoping for a mark. Worked well for them.

Seems you just need some big guy just to provide a contest and bring the ball to ground so it doesn´t get picked off by the Mcpharlin and Johnson´s of the AFL. The occasional contested mark is a bonus (reality is key forwards average 1-2 per game only). Most key forwards only add 2-4 goals per game and are worthwhile only as part of a balanced attack, not really worth breaking the bank/team ethos for like Sydney has. Bondy seems to understand this.

In any case, I reckon Tabs and Apeness (if reports of his 7 contested marks for Peel are correct - very encouraging) are better bets than guys like Griffiths and Butcher.

We have recruited well for key position players, the only concerns are they are young and how long Elvis stays. Pavlich looks like he will play
to he is 35, cross fingers.
A key back at this stage seems more likely, unless Tabs is moved to defence. Richmond seem like the club that could come under most pressure
if finals are not played, and has a change of regime.

How in the hell do you know that for certain?

Quote a source with credibility, tell us that you're Luke's mum, or just don't spout s**t like that,
1/1000 is a player like Dustin Fletcher, McPharlin won't be playing forever and will be 34 next year. Probabilities are high that he won't be there. Anyone expecting Pavlich, Sandilands and McPharlin to play into their mid/late 30s is in denial.

One also wonders whether we fans should be so obsessive about chasing top KPPs. Look at Hawthorn minus Buddy vs Sydney with Buddy/Tippet.
Hawthorn still have Gunston and Roughead. Tippett is yet to play in the same team as Franklin.

Try again.

1/1000 is a player like Dustin Fletcher, McPharlin won't be playing forever and will be 34 next year. Probabilities are high that he won't be there. Anyone expecting Pavlich, Sandilands and McPharlin to play into their mid/late 30s is in denial.

So you're just making shyte up. You have no idea like the rest of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back