James Frawley to Fremantle?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

With Pavlich, McPharlin, Sandi and Mundy to a certain extent all getting less money next year than they are current on we should have no issue signing up Fyfe and Mundy and still have enough cash for Frawley or somebody like him.
It depends how much we are paying for the rest of the up and coming players and those we signed across (Pearce & Sylvia)

When it comes to KPF's, I can not disagree more with you. You don't win grand finals with out KPF's, the buldogs tried for years and failed.
Not disagreeing but down one of our best 3 KPD's and we don't make the GF.

When it comes to KPD's, we already have Silvagni, Smith and A Pearce who can play with Johnson and Dawson should McPharlin retire at the end of the year but for KPF's we are already one short, Taberner and Apeness is not ready, Gumbleton can't get on the park, and I think Bradley will be delisted at the end of the year.
My point is that Silvangni doesn't seem to be up to it. With one of Dawson, MJ or McPharlin out we concede on average 5-6 goals more against whoever. RTB wants 2 more goals average per game. With the break down in the back line make that 8 more, but there is no one in the comp who kicks 8 a match these days except buddy once a season. My argument is that a better KPD than Silvagni is worth 5-6 goals a game. As for Smith and A Pearce, we can apply the same comments you made about Taberner and Apeness. In fact we can say that Tabs is more ready than either Smith or A Pearce given the number of games each has played.

One gun KPF will make Taberner and Apeness look better and give them a chance to develop with out attracting the best defender.
And who, precisely, are you going to get. We have tried for the last 4 years and got precisely bupkis. Who can we take this year? Please list them because there is almost nobody I can find who I believe for a moment we will get.
IMHO the players worth chasing are;
  • Lachlan Hansen - best option for us IMHO but hard to get i think
  • Justin Westhoff - is a forward but i don't think you would get more than two seasons and I don't see him leaving PA
  • Ben Reid - most likely to move of the three, least desirable of the options
Based on the WAFL reports, I would say Silvagni is back to his best form after 1-2 years where he was affected by injuries.
Well I hope so because the last time I saw him (admittedly last year) I was not impressed. I didn't watch the Hawthorne game (was out) and have no intension of doing so but we got a bag kicked against us. Maybe you want to blame the mids but the reality is that the mids were even weaker (Mundy only a part game) against Essendon but the back was strengthened by the return of Dawson and we were back to only 49 points conceded. Keep in mind that Essendon took Hawthorne to the line so the teams are genuinely comparable.
Just saying.

Well I hope so because the last time I saw him (admittedly last year) I was not impressed. I didn't watch the Hawthorne game (was out) and have no intension of doing so but we got a bag kicked against us. Maybe you want to blame the mids but the reality is that the mids were even weaker (Mundy only a part game) against Essendon but the back was strengthened by the return of Dawson and we were back to only 49 points conceded. Keep in mind that Essendon took Hawthorne to the line so the teams are genuinely comparable.
Just saying.

He didn't play against Hawks, he hurt his ankle and didn't fly.

He played very good in the WAFL last wkend.

Ben Reid has already signed a four year contract, the players I would be looking at are Hogan and Kersten although they are all probably unlikely. Kersten's contract ends at the end of the year, all you can do is have a word to his manager saying your are interested and see what happens.

Hawks did a brilliant job with Gunstan from the crows, and I would happily give up our first round pick for Kersten. He averaged over 3 goals a game last year in the VFL and is gettting better each year.

Hogan contract expires on 2015, so we just have to keep talking to his manager saying we are interested and if Melbourne stay s**t we will be a chance.

He didn't play against Hawks, he hurt his ankle and didn't fly.

He played very good in the WAFL last wkend.

Ben Reid has already signed a four year contract, the players I would be looking at are Hogan and Kersten although they are all probably unlikely. Kersten's contract ends at the end of the year, all you can do is have a word to his manager saying your are interested and see what happens.

Hawks did a brilliant job with Gunstan from the crows, and I would happily give up our first round pick for Kersten. He averaged over 3 goals a game last year in the VFL and is gettting better each year.

Hogan contract expires on 2015, so we just have to keep talking to his manager saying we are interested and if Melbourne stay s**t we will be a chance.
Happy to take either but they are not free agents and so not really comparable to getting Frawley.

Point taken on Silvagni.

I read an article recently where they said Aaron Black had his bags packed to come to us and North offered to relocate his family and pay costs and did a bunch of other stuff they were that desperate to keep him. I wonder if that sort of thing comes under the salary cap?
i think we overestimate the go home factor. I know when I was 20-25 the last place I wanted to be was home and I was a muso living from hand to mouth in Melbourne. Those guys would be kings, plenty of money, nice place to live. Sure they have to work hard but they are fit as they are ever going to be in their lives and would have gorgeous women throwing themselves at them. Why would they come home?
I suppose the Black example I gave contradicts my own theory but he's probably in the minority. He mentioned missing his home town.

I read an article recently where they said Aaron Black had his bags packed to come to us and North offered to relocate his family and pay costs and did a bunch of other stuff they were that desperate to keep him. I wonder if that sort of thing comes under the salary cap?
i think we overestimate the go home factor. I know when I was 20-25 the last place I wanted to be was home and I was a muso living from hand to mouth in Melbourne. Those guys would be kings, plenty of money, nice place to live. Sure they have to work hard but they are fit as they are ever going to be in their lives and would have gorgeous women throwing themselves at them. Why would they come home?
I suppose the Black example I gave contradicts my own theory but he's probably in the minority. He mentioned missing his home town.
Yes, it is supposed to be under the salary cap. From memory, this is precisely what happened with Radelaide and Tippett.

Westhoff would be a massive get. Can play forward or back. Still got his best ahead of him.
they are supposed to be a very tight bunch at Port. Much like us. Good culture. Players like Butcher (when he was still going to be a star) and Boak were expected to head home as soon as their contracts were up but made strong statements when it came to re-sign.

We're not talking about the entire population of humans. Every single AFL player is elite in that context.
No, they still would be, it would just that the negative sigma 3 or 4's plus so to speak don't get games don't last whereas the opposite, the best players, do. Or, more concisely, it's a normal distribution with the tail cut off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, they still would be, it would just that the negative sigma 3 or 4's plus so to speak don't get games don't last whereas the opposite, the best players, do. Or, more concisely, it's a normal distribution with the tail cut off.

So, it's not a normal distribution?
Because the tail would include just about the whole bell curve.

McPharlin, Johnson,

In no particular order;
Eric McKenzie
Jake Carlisle
Harry Taylor
Tom McDonald
Luke McPharlin
Michael Johnson
Darren Glass
Josh Gibson
Brian Lake
Scott Thompson
Steven May
Ted Richards
Daniel Talia
Are you suggesting that this list is of KPDs that are better players than Frawley? Now some of you guys are just being plain ridiculous. And while we're at it, can you tell me which of these is a FA at year's end?

Are you suggesting that this list is of KPDs that are better players than Frawley? Now some of you guys are just being plain ridiculous. And while we're at it, can you tell me which of these is a FA at year's end?

tom mcdonald and daniel talia are probably not better
eric mckenzie, steven may and jake carlisle is probably around the same mark as frawley
the rest is IMO better than frawley

to answer the last part, none of them will be in the FA but it doesn't matter as you can probably tell, some of the posters don't the see the urgency as you do in recruiting frawley in the FA

No, that was you when you said that Frawley is in the top 6 KPD's in the land.

Allow me to represent this graphically:
Nice graphic. But the red line is in the wrong place. Otherwise 99% of the population can become AFL footballers. The line should be at the other end.
Even the dumb arse brigade that last two seasons are in the top 1% of footballers. Meaning Bushie might be right after all.
Edit: I can't work out how to insert my bloody bell curve in to this post.

Nice graphic. But the red line is in the wrong place. Otherwise 99% of the population can become AFL footballers. The line should be at the other end.
Even the dumb arse brigade that last two seasons are in the top 1% of footballers. Meaning Bushie might be right after all.

See, I don't even know what this is all about anymore.

But I do know that DockerLand1 is the kiss of death when it comes to this buddy thing.

P.S. I'm never right. I get told that every day.

No I didn't. The vast majority of players are grouped as average footy players.

Some, a small percentage, are considered as poor, and will get cut from the lists and a few, (far too many in some peoples minds), are genuine stars of the competition.

Tweak my math, I don't care...but something like this??

Genuine elite... 5%
A graders ... 10%
B Graders, (average), 70%
C Graders, (cut material), 15 %

From this post on Tuesday. I figured you were in the ball park.
Has Dockerland1 changed his name?

Ah yes, now I get it. But he wasn't alone. Emma Quayle really rated him too.
And if he was that unfit by the time he finally got a game, I reckon that there is a shared responsibility.

Ah yes, now I get it. But he wasn't alone. Emma Quayle really rated him too.
And if he was that unfit by the time he finally got a game, I reckon that there is a shared responsibility.

Then explain what he did to Alex Howson!

That poor kid didn't even get on the park and, sadly, ended up delisting himself!

And he still keeps his name in his sig as his buddy to rub his nose in it!!

He's a curse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back